Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...


JDP Motorsports


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2017, 11:10 PM   #15
Michigan1LTRS
In Christ-Thank U Jesus ❤
 
Michigan1LTRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,618
This roll racing completely eliminates how the cars get out of the hole. I don't like it
__________________
2017 1LT RS I4 A8 BLACK ON BLACK
Kindness and compassion #OthersFirst
Michigan1LTRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:57 AM   #16
Joecooly
 
Drives: 17 Black ZL1 A10
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Dallas
Posts: 17
I personally think given equal drivers, our A10's will sqaush the hellcats from a dig. The hellcat is too heavy and hard to launch. I think roll races take out the driver skills to a certain degree and shows a totally different aspect of a race. Both types of races are important but very different. Great quarter mile times really come down to 60 foot times. I would like to see a video with the same cars from the hole.
Joecooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 02:06 AM   #17
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooly View Post
I personally think given equal drivers, our A10's will sqaush the hellcats from a dig. The hellcat is too heavy and hard to launch. I think roll races take out the driver skills to a certain degree and shows a totally different aspect of a race. Both types of races are important but very different. Great quarter mile times really come down to 60 foot times. I would like to see a video with the same cars from the hole.
Let's meet up and give the members what they want to see.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:20 AM   #18
laynlo15
locrzn

 
laynlo15's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1ss A8, Npp
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: clark, mo
Posts: 4,130
No a Hellcat with a similar set up or a Zl1 with a drag pack. I just haven't had the opportunity to run against one. I've not seen one at the track. Just bull shitting on the other stuff.
__________________
Team Magnuson Heartbeat Driver/Employee, AEM, LT4 pump, Lt4 injectors, NW TB. Rpm RB, Roto-Fab CAI Hoosier/Racestar, Phastech, Its real Fast. Tuned by Mike(toohighpsi) 713 rwhp/669rwtq
10.03@138 (139.50 best) 1/4 and 6.46@110 1/8 mile
Best 60' 1.456
New engine Manley Rods/Pistons, Livernois Cam
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:44 AM   #19
hotlap


 
hotlap's Avatar
 
Drives: 18 Hot Wheels 2SS M6
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: WI
Posts: 4,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by snackbar64 View Post
Motortrend will give us this match up in a head to head eventually if it's not already in the works. It's the most highly anticipated faceoff there is right now.
The problem with that Head 2 Head is the Challenger won't be able to compete on the track portion. A three way with a Hellcat and GT350R would be sweet.

I'm looking forward to whatever H2H and even started a subscription to on demand ~6 months ago because so much good product is coming out from all manufacturers. In my opinion, there has been very little meaningful comparisons between Camaro, Mustang and Dodge since gen6 arrived.

This roll race looked pretty equal and that's what I expected. Running with a HC at the drags and a GT350R or gen5 Z/28 at the track is the accomplishment
__________________
Production Number 1755
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:11 AM   #20
Raven87
C'mon- really?
 
Raven87's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nortwestern Ohio
Posts: 1,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Let's meet up and give the members what they want to see.
I would love to see that. I think from a dig ( both automatics and 100% stock vs 100% stock) the ZL1 may have a slight advantage due to lower weight and larger stock tire size but I still firmly believe by the big end it will be a driver's race.
__________________
Steve
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:19 AM   #21
NB2017ZL1

 
NB2017ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1 10 Speed Hyper Blue
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NB
Posts: 1,308
https://youtu.be/w0nhFYhR3fc
__________________
2017 ZL1 & NISSAN GTR & RF
NB2017ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:35 AM   #22
Michigan1LTRS
In Christ-Thank U Jesus ❤
 
Michigan1LTRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
This roll racing completely eliminates how the cars get out of the hole. I don't like it
If it were part of all round testing, from a dig, roll, and road race that would be a nice comparison.
__________________
2017 1LT RS I4 A8 BLACK ON BLACK
Kindness and compassion #OthersFirst
Michigan1LTRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:03 AM   #23
speedyman
Account Suspended
 
Drives: ATS4
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: SW PA
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooly View Post
I personally think given equal drivers, our A10's will sqaush the hellcats from a dig. The hellcat is too heavy and hard to launch. I think roll races take out the driver skills to a certain degree and shows a totally different aspect of a race. Both types of races are important but very different. Great quarter mile times really come down to 60 foot times. I would like to see a video with the same cars from the hole.
Exactly. 1/4 mile times are the bible for the guys who memorize the auto press road test pages and are really all about what happens in that 60 ft zone. Trap MPH is a profoundly better barometer of what one will experience in the real world behind the wheel of the tested vehicle. E.T. and peak HP have been adopted by the bench racers as their to be all, end all of ultimate metrics when Torque and trap MPH is what really tells the truth.
speedyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:12 PM   #24
Squatch
Camaro pilot
 
Squatch's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Camaro, 2014 ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Medford OR
Posts: 214
Roll racing is the new thing that most younger guys are doing. You meet a car on the road, You cant exactly stop and drag race in the street, so you line up even speed and honk 3 times and hit it...I'm not fond of it, but its convenient type of racing on the street. just look at any 1320 Videos, most are roll racing. He is catering to this.
__________________
2014 ZL1 Camaro
1969 Camaro
2019 ZL1 1LE *soon*
Squatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:49 PM   #25
Joecooly
 
Drives: 17 Black ZL1 A10
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Dallas
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Let's meet up and give the members what they want to see.

Lets do it. I'm down with that. Car is in break in period now but I think it would be a blast.
Fast Fridays in Ennis Texas.
Love me some hell kitty for lunch
Joecooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:17 PM   #26
Can'tHave2MuchHP
God - Family - Country
 
Can'tHave2MuchHP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 A10 Coupe in White
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
Roll racing is the new thing that most younger guys are doing. You meet a car on the road, You cant exactly stop and drag race in the street, so you line up even speed and honk 3 times and hit it...I'm not fond of it, but its convenient type of racing on the street. just look at any 1320 Videos, most are roll racing. He is catering to this.
Yeah I don't see how it's worth all of the hate..Sure a dig race is the end all be all, but a dig race tends to focus on the driver and the tire, which is good and bad...Good because a skilled driver can out do a high HP car, bad because THERE'S NEARLY NEVER a perfect drag race and comment sections are full of "Ford beat that ass" when the driver in the Camaro was just trash.

The highway style 3 honk race is great for it's purposes, here and now. It also depends much more on the speed of the car, and it's a LOT easier to tell which car is actually faster instead of which driver is faster. Roll racing also breaks a LOT less parts.

I know a majority of guys here are from the "good ol' days where we raced dad's 409 down the line" so I'll likely be met with a shit storm now.

Can'tHave2MuchHP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:37 PM   #27
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT
 
Sven59's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 4,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Yeah I don't see how it's worth all of the hate..Sure a dig race is the end all be all, but a dig race tends to focus on the driver and the tire, which is good and bad...Good because a skilled driver can out do a high HP car, bad because THERE'S NEARLY NEVER a perfect drag race and comment sections are full of "Ford beat that ass" when the driver in the Camaro was just trash.

The highway style 3 honk race is great for it's purposes, here and now. It also depends much more on the speed of the car, and it's a LOT easier to tell which car is actually faster instead of which driver is faster. Roll racing also breaks a LOT less parts.

I know a majority of guys here are from the "good ol' days where we raced dad's 409 down the line" so I'll likely be met with a shit storm now.

Or, in another universe, roll racing is for the guys that can't launch their car.
__________________
"DO YOU WANT ME TO PUT THE HAMMER DOWN?"
Sven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 02:37 PM   #28
Raven87
C'mon- really?
 
Raven87's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nortwestern Ohio
Posts: 1,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Yeah I don't see how it's worth all of the hate..Sure a dig race is the end all be all, but a dig race tends to focus on the driver and the tire, which is good and bad...Good because a skilled driver can out do a high HP car, bad because THERE'S NEARLY NEVER a perfect drag race and comment sections are full of "Ford beat that ass" when the driver in the Camaro was just trash.
But a race should have the driver variable, don't you think? If there is no driver factor we may as well have driverless cars out there. And there's never really a perfect roll race either - often the driver who beeps the horn gets the jump.

And, you see 'Ford beat that ass' type comments from every make out there including these forums. Those comments are worthless IMO because there are way too many variables in street racing regardless the type.

Quote:
The highway style 3 honk race is great for it's purposes, here and now. It also depends much more on the speed of the car, and it's a LOT easier to tell which car is actually faster instead of which driver is faster. Roll racing also breaks a LOT less parts.

I agree - a roll race can show you which car has more ass/HP - unless one of the drivers is a doofus for a shifter. But it is a lot easier to get a roll race than one from a dig for the reasons you said. I definitely get it.

And especially your comment about breaking less parts from the roll - I agree.

Either race has a lot of variables especially on the street. Take them to the track and settle it with hard data.
__________________
Steve
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.