Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 08-08-2019, 02:15 AM   #1
SwedishCamaro

Drives: Camaro 2018
Bracket Racing with LC?

Iīm competing in the Pro ET (bracket) EDRS (European Drag Racing Series) and my racecar broke down. Now Iīm going to use my stock daily driver instead. A Camaro 2018 with the V8 and A8 transmission. I have bought MT ET Street tires, 275/40-20.

I donīt know the condition of the first track this weekend, itīs probably OK, but the second track next week will have very good traction.

The Camaro is stock except the tires. Iīm only interested in getting consistent times, donīt care about how fast i drive.

So for my question, should I use the Launch Control system or just floor the pedal?
Do the LC back of HP if there is full traction?
My own reflections are that if the traction is poor I should use the LC to have consistent 2000rpm and starts.

Thanks for your inputs!
SwedishCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 06:16 AM   #2
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Don't use the launch control. Leave flat footed right off idle. Have you tested fitted the tires yet? They are much taller then the 275 35 20 tires that came on your Camaro. I don't think they'll rub but might be very close.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:06 PM   #3
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Hi Swedish!

Your EDRS rules are similar to our Pro ET here in NHRA/IHRA. No delay box is allowed so it is an advanced footbrake class. Most will have trans brakes, but you can be consistent as well with your street car. Turn off traction control and all nannies. I hope you get a few time trial hits to find your spot on the tree. Shallow stage just barely turning on the stage light. Plan to leave as soon as the 3rd yellow lights. You may have to leave with it as you will adjust. Now, if you have a weather station ET predictor, get 4-5 runs in staging exactly the same each time and it will do a good job in predicting your runs based on DA changes. These run pretty consistent unless DA changes. Lower they pick up, higher they slow down, more so than a carbed car. Then just hold a few hundredths and play the stripe (finish line) as you will be chased more than likely, be ready to dump your opponent as they will come on fast.

You should run around mid to high 11's with the A10 or low 12's. I don't flash from an idle as these LT1 engines tend to have a bit of a hesitation. I power brake it to say 1200-1500 RPM as it helps my lights be more consistent.

Let me know if you have more questions. I assume your trying to keep your position in points so any car can really be competitive.

Cheers!!

Team EliteEngineeringUSA
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:46 AM   #4
SwedishCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Don't use the launch control. Leave flat footed right off idle. Have you tested fitted the tires yet? They are much taller then the 275 35 20 tires that came on your Camaro. I don't think they'll rub but might be very close.
My car hesitated leaving on idle. Worked best on foot break to 1500rpm.
The tires fitted perfect.
Old 08-22-2019, 11:53 AM   #5
SwedishCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Engineering View Post
Hi Swedish!

Your EDRS rules are similar to our Pro ET here in NHRA/IHRA. No delay box is allowed so it is an advanced footbrake class. Most will have trans brakes, but you can be consistent as well with your street car. Turn off traction control and all nannies. I hope you get a few time trial hits to find your spot on the tree. Shallow stage just barely turning on the stage light. Plan to leave as soon as the 3rd yellow lights. You may have to leave with it as you will adjust. Now, if you have a weather station ET predictor, get 4-5 runs in staging exactly the same each time and it will do a good job in predicting your runs based on DA changes. These run pretty consistent unless DA changes. Lower they pick up, higher they slow down, more so than a carbed car. Then just hold a few hundredths and play the stripe (finish line) as you will be chased more than likely, be ready to dump your opponent as they will come on fast.

You should run around mid to high 11's with the A10 or low 12's. I don't flash from an idle as these LT1 engines tend to have a bit of a hesitation. I power brake it to say 1200-1500 RPM as it helps my lights be more consistent.

Let me know if you have more questions. I assume your trying to keep your position in points so any car can really be competitive.

Cheers!!

Team EliteEngineeringUSA

Big thanks for your comments! Helped me a lot.

I tried LC and starting from different rpm etc. Best for me is 1500rpm and leaving on 3:rd yellow light.