Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 07-24-2019, 02:58 PM   #1
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
Fair price for a 19SS

So I was about to buy a loaded scat pack, but have been having trouble finding one with the options and color I wanted and they are a little pricey. I am also kind of waiting on the 20 camaro, but noticed a blue 2SS nearby fairly loaded that I thought I should at least check out. Its MSRP is 49,845 and they are asking 47,432 so probably a bit out of my budget. Not sure how much they will haggle and just wondered what a good price would be (I have a mustang for the conquest too)? I'm not really too serious about it, but its not far away and I have a couple for the 50 test drive so what the heck.
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 03:08 PM   #2
GrantB

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2SS
Honestly, I bought a used 2017 2SS convertible for $32,600 before tax and everything. It had 509 miles on it, traded in by an older couple for an Audi A6. Used is the way to go...let someone else pay the depreciation and you enjoy it for cheaper. Plus, if it is certified pre-owned, the warranty can actually be better than factory new warranty. Mine got an extra 12k/1yr bumper-to-bumper, and an extra year powertrain warranty and up to 100k miles, as opposed to the factory 60k...(I'm almost positive it literally gave me 100k miles but could check paperwork).

Then some illegal immigrant t-boned me running a red light and I actually made 3k more from insurance payout than I had in it after a full ceramic coating, registration, and taxes....hints why I have a 2018 2SS vert now that I luckily found with all options and leather/paint color. Searched for 6 months and couldnt find black on black with red leather, MRC, and NPP. First one was such a deal I took it. 2SS vert, black leather and wheels, red hot in color. I settled because it was so cheap and low miles. Of course when I got my payment, I started the search again and no shit, found the one I originally wanted in 10 minutes, within budget. Black on black, red leather, MRC, and NPP! And nav just for kicks. Crazy when things work out for the better!

Look online, though. If budget is concern like it somewhat was for me, save the 12k and get a CPO from a Chevy dealer with all the warranty you could want.

Best of luck and if you get one, post it up on here and be safe!
GrantB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:17 PM   #3
Mrbobcat

Just got back from test drive and it was a no go. Nice looking car. I liked the dark blue more than I thought I would and the front end actually didn't look bad with that color. But IDK about the acceleration with the 10 speed. It felt more sluggish than the 18 I drove and also the Challenger SP and even my car. I know it has to be quicker than my car, but maybe I'm just not used to the trans on it and didn't get on it as much as I would have if the sales guy wasn't with me. Low speed turning seemed heavier than I'm used to too.

As far as price, they were not willing to go under the advertised sales price. They were fair with my trade in value. But even with that, the 2k conquest and 500 rebate, it was 43k OTD and the payments were about 100 more a month than I want to spend. In hindsight, I probably should have jumped on that 18SS I drove a few months ago as they were willing to let that go at a decent price and it was my favorite color. Now if I were to locate or build one, I now know I could do without the sunroof and NAV and would get the white interior instead of grey. I did like the white stripe though. I'm also thinking the manual would most likely feel peppier, but I use the remote start a lot.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:13 PM   #4
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
My Dad's Scat Pack with a manual trans feels faster to me than my SS 1LE. It drives nicer around town and just feels like it has more torque. Numbers at the drag strip don't back that up though.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:49 AM   #5
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
First '19 1SS A10 I test drove, had a similar experience. About 4 months later, drove another one, same spec, and had the opposite experience. It felt like a rocket and bought it. I had a Mustang as well at the time. Got the Mustang conquest rebate (2500). Paid $33,090 before tax/tags. This car is well worth it!
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 05:37 PM   #6
Mrbobcat

I saw a used 18 at the local dealer and I started looking for that body style again. IDK, it just looks better from the front and side and more aerodynamic. I did find a few new auto 2SS's left, but none in my my first pick in color combo of course (I like the garnet with ceramic or tan interior best). I did find a 18 mosaic black with the kalahari interior a distance away 9k off at 39k. Maybe add some stripes and it would be killer, but still a little concerned with worrying about any future trans issues. I also found a left over new totally loaded red hot 17 at 15k off listed for 37.5k, but its a manual. I haven't tested a manual yet, but from what I hear its the best of the three muscle cars with that trans. I also found a couple 1SS's manuals in hyper blue with the Recaro seats that look decent. If I went with a manual I would have to find a place that would install a remote starter at a reasonable price. I know it can be done, but some people advice against it.