Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-17-2019, 12:26 AM   #1
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
New Springs Settling

I just installed the Powell YYZv2 springs. Anyone who has installed them, how long / how many miles did it take for the rear springs to finally settle? Mine are currently around OE height.

Thanks!
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:14 AM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i have them on my car and was the testcar but i dont have magride but it was around a week or so of driving on the weekends it lowered my 1" but with magride its only about 3/4" or so
Old 07-31-2019, 12:41 AM   #3
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
I just installed the Powell YYZv2 springs. Anyone who has installed them, how long / how many miles did it take for the rear springs to finally settle? Mine are currently around OE height.

Thanks!
Have the springs settled more and if so, how much would you say they have lowered your car front and rear?

I'm looking at getting these springs next year (in addition to stiffer anti-roll bars to pair with slicks for the track) since the have stiffer rates than much of the competition.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:56 AM   #4
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
Have the springs settled more and if so, how much would you say they have lowered your car front and rear?

I'm looking at getting these springs next year (in addition to stiffer anti-roll bars to pair with slicks for the track) since the have stiffer rates than much of the competition.
It's hard to say for sure, as I didn't take measurements before installation. However, the front is very noticeably lower. The rear, not so much. I've driven the car around 600 km since installation, but I haven't gotten an alignment yet (I checked the toe with a string setup in my garage, and it was relatively close).
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 11:03 AM   #5
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
if you have any questions reach out to john powell at powell raceshop he is very helpfull! my car doesnt have magride and mine lowered about inch all way around magride cars wont lower as much
Old 08-01-2019, 01:41 AM   #6
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
It's hard to say for sure, as I didn't take measurements before installation. However, the front is very noticeably lower. The rear, not so much. I've driven the car around 600 km since installation, but I haven't gotten an alignment yet (I checked the toe with a string setup in my garage, and it was relatively close).
Good to know, I mostly wanted to know about the front anyways, thanks