Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #1
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Cool "ROCK STAR" AT THE CEMETERY!!!

...I just stopped at the cemetery to pick up the flag I put on my father's grave for Memorial Day...BTW, i took delivery on May 19th, which was my parent's first anniversary spent together since my Dad just passed away last Sept.2008......ANYWAY, I was approached by 2 cemetery guys that were digging a new grave...they were LOVING and ADMIRING my car and asking a million questions, all of which i was very happy to answer......I showed them my new "baby" inside and out and they just LOVED it!!!...I normally am crying whenever I leave there, but here I was with the biggest smile on my face feeling like a celebrity at a CEMETERY!!!...so far, no one else I've seen lately when I'm "out and about" has seen ANY Camaros on Long Island, where I live and drive it, so I am always answering a million ????s and I feel like an advertisement for Chevy ...I did a "burn out" for them when I drove away and then drove around again so they could see the car coming and going...they said they will def know it's me everytime they see my car from now on...who would think this car could also double as "grief therapy"...I have not smiled or laughed this much in 2 yrs!!!....I told the guys that everytime I get in my car, I get younger and younger, so after awhile, they might not recognize me, I'll become a teenager again...the Camaro is the "aging antidote", and also an anti-depressant too...they couldn't "bottle" the joy and elation I feel everytime I get in my "ROCKETSHIP"!!!...

...THANK YOU TO GM AND ALL THE FOLKS AT OSHAWA for the "gift that keeps on giving"....
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:11 PM   #2
Hoddi
Camaro Girl ~

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Cool story.

I just so can not wait for my baby.

Patience is a virtue. Can it be had without grave? It’s a test of fortitude.
Hoddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
alan422

Drives: Rally Yellow LT2 RS
Sweet story Donna... I'm sorry about the loss of your Dad. And I'm so glad you're happy with your new Camaro! Hope my car makes me younger too.
alan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:17 PM   #4
sabrescamaro

Drives: TB SS and temporarily 2LTRS VR
That's a great story. Sorry about your loss, but glad you have a dream car to help cope
sabrescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:27 PM   #5
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I'd bet that your parents are looking down and glad to see you so happy
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:29 PM   #6
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
I can't wait to feel that in my Camaro. A short drive in my wifes SKY takes away anything bad. Very theraputic. Hope to feel the same whenever I get my Camaro. Just a side note. When a parent passes and ask that their ashes be scattered in a specific location try to make sure its not a windy day! Dad I loved you and I ended up breathing and wearing you! I guess you had the last laugh. Conkles Hollow will never be the same with your miserable old ashes there. See you in late June
Old 06-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #7
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan422 View Post
Sweet story Donna... I'm sorry about the loss of your Dad. And I'm so glad you're happy with your new Camaro! Hope my car makes me younger too.
...thank you Alan...when my Dad died last Sept. and my Mom in '94, I thought I would NEVER smile or laugh again...my Dad always said, "everything in life is timing", unfortunately, he died before i got the car and got to give him a ride, BUT, it was delivered on my parent's anniversary!...maybe my Dad had a "hand" in the "timing"...
trust me, the car WILL make you younger, if not physically, then def mentally...I'm like a kid with a new toy...i think i smile in my sleep, as well as all day when i'm awake!...friends and family that know how sad i've been can actually "HEAR ME SMILING" when i talk to them on the phone...
can't wait for you to get your car and see your photos...check out mine on "my garage"...
Old 06-01-2009, 03:39 PM   #8
AG454
I am not "Fast & Furious"

Drives: 2010 Camaro LSX454 1LE
I am sorry for your loss Donna, I lost my mom in '02, my Dad still goes to the cemetery every day to be with her. I am looking forward to feeling a bit younger whenever I get my car too. God bless.
Don't wait up 'cause I'll be late, I'll be late
AG454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:47 PM   #9
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
cool story! Can't wait till I'm 21 again!...wait...I'm 22...
Old 06-01-2009, 03:48 PM   #10
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wullger View Post
I'd bet that your parents are looking down and glad to see you so happy
...yes, i'm sure that's true...i bet they were in the "back seat" all the home from Virginia, where we picked it up, to Long Island, NY, where i live!!!...my Dad's last few words to me before he died were, "be happy, Donna, laughter is the best medicine"...he always had a smile for everyone and a joke to share, even with complete strangers......i've felt that i have been "letting him down" since he passed away last Sept, because i've been so sad and devastated by his loss-we were very close after my Mom died in '94...but now, i CAN'T STOP SMILING!!!......I know the car is not a substitute for a parent, but it sure helps!!!...i have barely cried at all since taking delivery!!!......i wake up every morning and feel "surprised' all over again every time i see that BEAUTIFUL piece of machiney!!!...
Old 06-01-2009, 03:49 PM   #11
ClaymoreZ28

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
Very touching thread.

There is a basic lesson in there - which is that our time here is fleeting and we collectively need to make the best of the time we have.

Its great that you remember and honor your father in this way and I'm sure he would be the first to tell you not to be sad for him but to enjoy your "rock star" moment

I have been driving my old Z now for 9 years and it still makes me happy when I fire up the V8 so I may need facial surgery for the permagrin when I eventually get my SS :-)
Old 06-01-2009, 04:04 PM   #12
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
...I just stopped at the cemetery to pick up the flag I put on my father's grave for Memorial Day...BTW, i took delivery on May 19th, which was my parent's first anniversary spent together since my Dad just passed away last Sept.2008......ANYWAY, I was approached by 2 cemetery guys that were digging a new grave...they were LOVING and ADMIRING my car and asking a million questions, all of which i was very happy to answer......I showed them my new "baby" inside and out and they just LOVED it!!!...I normally am crying whenever I leave there, but here I was with the biggest smile on my face feeling like a celebrity at a CEMETERY!!!...so far, no one else I've seen lately when I'm "out and about" has seen ANY Camaros on Long Island, where I live and drive it, so I am always answering a million ????s and I feel like an advertisement for Chevy ...I did a "burn out" for them when I drove away and then drove around again so they could see the car coming and going...they said they will def know it's me everytime they see my car from now on...who would think this car could also double as "grief therapy"...I have not smiled or laughed this much in 2 yrs!!!....I told the guys that everytime I get in my car, I get younger and younger, so after awhile, they might not recognize me, I'll become a teenager again...the Camaro is the "aging antidote", and also an anti-depressant too...they couldn't "bottle" the joy and elation I feel everytime I get in my "ROCKETSHIP"!!!...

...THANK YOU TO GM AND ALL THE FOLKS AT OSHAWA for the "gift that keeps on giving"....

Your very welcome..
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #13
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
I can't wait to feel that in my Camaro. A short drive in my wifes SKY takes away anything bad. Very theraputic. Hope to feel the same whenever I get my Camaro. Just a side note. When a parent passes and ask that their ashes be scattered in a specific location try to make sure its not a windy day! Dad I loved you and I ended up breathing and wearing you! I guess you had the last laugh. Conkles Hollow will never be the same with your miserable old ashes there. See you in late June
OMG!!!...what an interesting story about your Dad's ashes...my parents are buried in a grave...sorry for your loss...THE CAMARO IS VERY THERAPUTIC...it is my "happy pill"...
Old 06-01-2009, 04:25 PM   #14
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG383 View Post
I am sorry for your loss Donna, I lost my mom in '02, my Dad still goes to the cemetery every day to be with her. I am looking forward to feeling a bit younger whenever I get my car too. God bless.

...thanks for your kind words and sorry about the loss of your Mom...i barely survived losing mine in '94, but i still had my Dad...when he died, a big part of me died with him, until this "miracle machine"...i am not trying to minimize the loss of my parents at all...i feel truly lost without them, but the Camaro takes away some of the "sting" of trying to go on without them...
God Bless you too!!!...the car will def make you feel younger at heart......looking forward to you getting your car and sharing your photos with me...check out "my garage" pics...