Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 02-03-2021, 08:12 PM   #15
buckwam

Drives: 2021 camaro 1ls
Will replacing the stock exhaust with cat back void the warranty if I leave the down pipe alone? I just bought the car and want better sound to start.
buckwam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 11:09 AM   #16
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
No, not at all.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 08:24 PM   #17
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Please Wook, do not attempt to negate the positive effects of E85 on a FI, small displacement, VVT car.. Its an injustice to the community..

Im FAR from a "ricer" Fact is, this is my first 4-cylinder. YET.... It will GAP 80%+ of whats on the road today.

If all you are trying to build is an ET Car running $12 per gallon fuel its fine. I am the only I4 turbo running street nights in New England and street days to the office daily. Like an actually dependable daily. I buy X85 a the Weds before I put in the effort. I have thought about designing a still since I raise chickens and have access to corn fuel. $1500 of distillery and a federal license later I could run it daily like most of the wannabes posting, maybe. Then there's de-watering the last 4 percent. Who said injustice? If I were interested in nothing but numbers I would have to say. How do you spell raspberry sound? No one is dissing e85 if MW will take take care of the heat and add fuel stoics for an entertaining daily. Some of us just don't Have access to E85 at pump retail. Why doesn't that just gel? Like its tunnel vision. No tolerance for other options. Didn't read my sig.

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 09:33 PM   #18
buckwam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
No, not at all.
Any one have experience with the mishimoto cat back exhaust? Looks reasonably priced for full 3" 304 stainless steel pipe with optional black tips. Do more expensive options have better build or sound quality? Thanks.
Old 02-09-2021, 10:09 AM   #19
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
I have the Mishimoto cat back. It's the best sounding exhaust on the market and yes, you get what you pay for. Mishimoto build quality is top notch. You are a smart man going with the black tips. I wish I did....
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 10:41 AM   #20
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
If all you are trying to build is an ET Car running $12 per gallon fuel its fine. I am the only I4 turbo running street nights in New England and street days to the office daily. Like an actually dependable daily. I buy X85 a the Weds before I put in the effort. I have thought about designing a still since I raise chickens and have access to corn fuel. $1500 of distillery and a federal license later I could run it daily like most of the wannabes posting, maybe. Then there's de-watering the last 4 percent. Who said injustice? If I were interested in nothing but numbers I would have to say. How do you spell raspberry sound? No one is dissing e85 if MW will take take care of the heat and add fuel stoics for an entertaining daily. Some of us just don't Have access to E85 at pump retail. Why doesn't that just gel? Like its tunnel vision. No tolerance for other options. Didn't read my sig.

E85 isn't $12 a gallon. It's typically cheaper than 87 octane. I used to run E30 in my old Focus ST, and the gains were solid, something like 20-30 lbft. There are some drawbacks like worse gas mileage, not everywhere has it available close by, and if you have to mix it to get to a different ratio, but if you have stations close by it's nice to at least be tuned for it. I didn't run it all the time, but I was glad I could should I want the extra power.

Youtube Channel

foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 03:16 PM   #21
buckwam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
I have the Mishimoto cat back. It's the best sounding exhaust on the market and yes, you get what you pay for. Mishimoto build quality is top notch. You are a smart man going with the black tips. I wish I did....
I placed an order today, thanks.