#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 07-06-2008, 03:31 PM   #29
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I don't think this has anything to do with E85.
If it did, he wouldn't even enter the competition, because he has no case for winning. GM's doing E85 SUVs already.......but that's not letting them sells tons of them like they used to. He may be using E85 as the fuel, but I don't think that's the meat of his invention.

It could have something to do with the strokes of the engine. I read about a 6-stroke engine, that increase fuel economy by 40%, and upped power, efficenecy, etc. he could be compounding on this idea.

Either way, I think it's admirable that he wants this tech to help the US auto industry. I hope he wins, and his idea is applicable to the market NOW.

When does this competition end?
Old 07-06-2008, 03:42 PM   #30
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsenn View Post
How about the tesla roadster...I think it's closer to 0-60 in 4 seconds, but that things electric. AND Arnold Schwarzenegger is buying one. So if it's good enough for the Terminator, it's good enough for me.
4 seconds IS more believable... and still VERY quick. If they can get a volt to look like a Camaro, and run like a Camaro for the price of a Camaro.......
sound like a Camaro???????? ha... still would be nice to see on the road.

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
chadrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:29 PM   #31
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
The fact that he bypassed the waiting list to get one kind of irks me, but the Teslas are awesome to look at. Lotus meets Lambourghini design, 250 miles on a charge, it's nice.

Problem is, you plug it in, which means that in California, you're using nuclear reactors more causing them to create more air pollution which doesn't help the ozone. You put out less emissions from the tailpipe but more at the source of the energy.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:37 PM   #32
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
The fact that he bypassed the waiting list to get one kind of irks me, but the Teslas are awesome to look at. Lotus meets Lambourghini design, 250 miles on a charge, it's nice.

Problem is, you plug it in, which means that in California, you're using nuclear reactors more causing them to create more air pollution which doesn't help the ozone. You put out less emissions from the tailpipe but more at the source of the energy.
umhmhm??? nuclear air pollution? dont think so.... nuclear waste that has to be in a sealed container... and stored for thousands of years in someones back yard, where no one wants it.... that is different.

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
chadrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:47 PM   #33
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post

You lost me on that one. Nuclear facilities rely on closed loop systems. The spent fuel is stored in sealed containers, the coolant loop is separate from the steam loop. Your statement makes sense if you replace "nuclear reactor" with "coal power"
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote