Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-14-2022, 03:36 PM   #85
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANK121 View Post
Funny you said this, I have the AWE Touring and on the Highway can carry on a normal conversation and not even tell the car has an aftermarket exhaust. With the tunes blasting you really have to get on it to hear the exhaust. Outside the Car .... different story! I have had this System for roughly a month now and gotten nothing but praises from people coming up and saying .... Man, that sounds GOOD!
Corsa doesn't need NPP to be quiet inside either

I had Corsa with headers and no cats on my last car and it was totally quiet inside while cruising. My comparison video shows that both are so very close but Corsa is even quieter inside.

Old 05-14-2022, 07:33 PM   #86
Blackbyrd

Drives: Chevy Camaro ZL1
@mlee

I've watched that video a ton of times, I'm still on the fence between the corsa sport and AWE touring
Blackbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 11:26 PM   #87
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbyrd View Post
@mlee

I've watched that video a ton of times, I'm still on the fence between the corsa sport and AWE touring
You won't go wrong either way...

was a good thing for the video that our track day got rained out and we had nothing else to do.
Old 05-15-2022, 11:05 AM   #88
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
I’m also torn between AWE and Corsa NPP cat back systems. The thousand dollar cheaper price for AWE is obviously attractive. Am seeing that wrong though? If that is the case, anyone know what you get for the extra 1k with Corsa?

Edit: Never mind answered my own question, AWE doesn’t have NPP valves etc, sorry, carry on.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 11:17 AM   #89
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Corsa doesn't need NPP to be quiet inside either

I had Corsa with headers and no cats on my last car and it was totally quiet inside while cruising. My comparison video shows that both are so very close but Corsa is even quieter inside.

Video's never do any justice to the real sound but based on that video, the Corsa just has too much rasp for my liking. Again though, it may be different in person as I've found that to be the case with almost all exhaust videos.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 01:23 PM   #90
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I’m also torn between AWE and Corsa NPP cat back systems. The thousand dollar cheaper price for AWE is obviously attractive. Am seeing that wrong though? If that is the case, anyone know what you get for the extra 1k with Corsa?

Edit: Never mind answered my own question, AWE doesn’t have NPP valves etc, sorry, carry on.
NPP isn't worth anywhere near 1k unless you really want it that bad.

I haven't followed pricing on these but for 1k there really is no quality difference between the two. Fit and finish is perfect on both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Video's never do any justice to the real sound but based on that video, the Corsa just has too much rasp for my liking. Again though, it may be different in person as I've found that to be the case with almost all exhaust videos.
Corsa has always had too much rasp for a lot of peoples liking. That's the trade-off between fighting drone and no drone.

Always better to hear in person, but after being there in person and driving both of these cars I will say it captured it very well. The camera used was very high end as well since this was the guy hired to shoot the drag event.
Old 05-15-2022, 01:33 PM   #91
Blackbyrd

Previous owner basically straight piped mine so I gotta quiet it down inside mostly.

I likenthe larger tips on the awe setup, but I've heard corsa is a bit quieter in the cabin which is more what I'm after I think.

I've got a stroker motor 4th gen when I wanna be loud haha
Old 05-15-2022, 03:42 PM   #92
minn19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
NPP isn't worth anywhere near 1k unless you really want it that bad.

I haven't followed pricing on these but for 1k there really is no quality difference between the two. Fit and finish is perfect on both.

Corsa has always had too much rasp for a lot of peoples liking. That's the trade-off between fighting drone and no drone.

Always better to hear in person, but after being there in person and driving both of these cars I will say it captured it very well. The camera used was very high end as well since this was the guy hired to shoot the drag event.
Thanks, appreciate it. I think I’m set on a catback Touring AWE and a Roto-Fab for more sound on both ends.
Old 05-15-2022, 03:43 PM   #93
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Thanks, appreciate it. I think I’m set on a catback Touring AWE and a Roto-Fab for more sound on both ends.
If you want a used Rotofab I just listed one in the member classifieds.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 04:22 PM   #94
minn19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
If you want a used Rotofab I just listed one in the member classifieds.
Thanks, I’ll check it out.
Old 05-31-2022, 12:49 PM   #95
bef18ZL1

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
I appreciate everyone who posted clips and responded about exhausts. I'm hopefully picking up a ZL1 in near future, and definitely going with AWE after my searches. However, I think I'm leaning towards Resonated; even though it is only rated a little higher than stock. Anyone have any clips or links? Seems like everyone did non-resonated except one vid or two on Youtube. Also, since the link pipes are no longer available, any resonated vid has cats removed. I'm looking for louder than stock, but don't want it extremely loud. I don't plan on doing any more mods in future (i.e. headers, cam, etc)...just strictly exhaust.
bef18ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 01:16 PM   #96
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bef18ZL1 View Post
I appreciate everyone who posted clips and responded about exhausts. I'm hopefully picking up a ZL1 in near future, and definitely going with AWE after my searches. However, I think I'm leaning towards Resonated; even though it is only rated a little higher than stock. Anyone have any clips or links? Seems like everyone did non-resonated except one vid or two on Youtube. Also, since the link pipes are no longer available, any resonated vid has cats removed. I'm looking for louder than stock, but don't want it extremely loud. I don't plan on doing any more mods in future (i.e. headers, cam, etc)...just strictly exhaust.
Resonated sounds fantastic, you won't notice much difference over non-resonated other than resonators take a little of the rasp out of the sound which is actually preferable.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 06:10 PM   #97
Blackbyrd

Ordered my awe pro touring with resonators....... the tips and the inside sound sold me.

Now the wait
Old 05-31-2022, 09:02 PM   #98
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbyrd View Post
Ordered my awe pro touring with resonators....... the tips and the inside sound sold me.

Now the wait
You won't be disappointed