Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-12-2022, 07:54 PM   #1
SilverSurfer18

Drives: 2021 1SS Camaro
Best TB paired with LT2 intake?

Looking to get an aftermarket throttle body and not sure what to get and what will even fit. I am running an unported LT2. Car will be staying just bolt ons and its just a spirited highway cruiser and do occasional roll racing if that matters. Let me see your guys' set ups and recommendations
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2022, 08:29 PM   #2
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
i ran the stock tb on mine. i don't think there's much to be had in a tb with simple bolt ons. i swapped my stock one for a pray ported stock one while on the dyno, the car picked up .2 hp. was 2" headers, rotofab, pp LT1 manifold & tb on ethanol.

if it were mine id leave it alone.

Last edited by s346k; 01-23-2022 at 02:12 AM.
s346k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 08:31 AM   #3
NiteNite 2SS

Drives: 2017 2SS & 2015 2SS Murdered out!
I purchased a stock 95mm from GM. Added it to my MSD used a lingienfeltet adaptor plate and was good to go!! Better throttle response IMO… I also had It tuned & e85. 95mm is great option
NiteNite 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 09:26 AM   #4
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
I added the 95 MM ZR1 Throttle Body and ported the neck on the LT2 manifold. IMO your wasting your money if you don’t port the neck of the manifold to take advantage of a true free flowing 95 mm opening. As the person previously said you will need the adapter plate, plus a tune. Your tuner needs to select the appropriate TB and recalibrate the MASS airflow with everything thing else that’s effective with a TB change. You just can’t slap it on and say that’s it.

For the guys that’s say get bigger like the 103mm keep in mind if you have the 4 inch air intake tube that’s only 101.6 mm. So you would need to change to a 5 inch air intake full length plus filter and need to port the intake manifold neck even more. That’s putting porting on a LT2 manifold very thin in the neck area and IMO not recommended. Especially if you ever go boosted it would not hold a high boost number. If you have a choke point in your air flow then your defeating the purpose of increasing your power level
Attached Images

Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver

Last edited by BlackbeastSS2; 01-15-2022 at 10:01 AM.
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 09:13 AM   #5
sr71bb

Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer18 View Post
Looking to get an aftermarket throttle body and not sure what to get and what will even fit. I am running an unported LT2. Car will be staying just bolt ons and its just a spirited highway cruiser and do occasional roll racing if that matters. Let me see your guys' set ups and recommendations
Well I agree that the best throttle body to get would be a ported LT5 (ZR1). AMP installed one on on my SS along with the LT2 manifold E85 and ROTOFAB air intake, KOOKS 2 inch headers and the car makes 475HP 480TQ Next upgrades will be done next week to include CAM and LME heads which should up the power level to 580-600, maybe more.
Attached Images

https://youtu.be/c9M5UHDftcA
4-15-23 at SCCA TT U1 Class

MEGA Thread on THIS car:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602092

Retired Cars BELOW:
1973 Camaro, 1969 Camaro, 1969 Camaro SS RS
2010 Camaro SS with 1000HP F1R, 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 07:27 AM   #6
JaxBeachC6SS

Drives: Pending BUY
I wanted so badly to use the LT5 TB with my ported LT2, but after talking to my tuner and thinking about it I decided to use my stock LT1 TB. If your N/A no real gains to be had. Save the money for some lowering springs or what not.

e85/TSP headers/ported lt2/roto fab netted me 470/500 on dyno. I did one pull due to leak from ported LT2 on neck. I know GPI did a short video of ported vs non ported lt2. We're going to do a couple pulls on both setups same car and see if there is anything to be gained whp wise.
JaxBeachC6SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 07:12 PM   #7
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
I added the 95 MM ZR1 Throttle Body and ported the neck on the LT2 manifold. IMO your wasting your money if you don’t port the neck of the manifold to take advantage of a true free flowing 95 mm opening. As the person previously said you will need the adapter plate, plus a tune. Your tuner needs to select the appropriate TB and recalibrate the MASS airflow with everything thing else that’s effective with a TB change. You just can’t slap it on and say that’s it.

For the guys that’s say get bigger like the 103mm keep in mind if you have the 4 inch air intake tube that’s only 101.6 mm. So you would need to change to a 5 inch air intake full length plus filter and need to port the intake manifold neck even more. That’s putting porting on a LT2 manifold very thin in the neck area and IMO not recommended. Especially if you ever go boosted it would not hold a high boost number. If you have a choke point in your air flow then your defeating the purpose of increasing your power level
Hey Blackbeastss2, do you think there would be any gains by adding a 95mm tb and I would port the snout of the LT2 intake versus the stock 87mm TB and my unported LT2 intake that is presently paired with a gutted by me air OE air box, no headers, all cats in place with OE x pipe, axle back borla s is the only exhaust mod . The car is tuned for the set up and is on E85. I realize I would have to have the car tuned again, What can I expect if anything? where might there be a loss? where might there be the gains. My only reason to consider it would be for 1/4 mile ET.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote