Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-03-2020, 06:17 PM   #1
hfur
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Chevy camaro
Great Camaro

anyone looking for a great in perfect condition 2017 2.0T Camaro, Garnett Red with only 9200 miles on it? No problems whatsoever. Williams Chevrolet in Elkton, MD has one for sale. Plus two other brand new 2021 6 cylinder Camaros on sale for a great price! I traded it in for a 2021 Camaro..Traded it in for no money down and I am paying $60 a month less than what I did on the 2017. If you are in the market it is worth a look!
Attached Images

hfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 06:29 PM   #2
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
I think I’ll pass..
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 07:10 PM   #3
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
What kind of Camaro did you trade for?
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 07:21 PM   #4
mrkyleman

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
I don't understand the point of buying a 4-banger sports car. Lose the utility that other "normal" 4 cylinders have and the power that the car should have. I get that they are half the price of the SS roughly, but c'mon... I save up so I can buy the car I really want.
mrkyleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:22 PM   #5
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkyleman View Post
I don't understand the point of buying a 4-banger sports car. Lose the utility that other "normal" 4 cylinders have and the power that the car should have. I get that they are half the price of the SS roughly, but c'mon... I save up so I can buy the car I really want.

Dude what? The I4 Mustang and I4 Camaro are the most powerful cars in the mid (and lower) 20K range. You literally can not beat the price per performance in that range.
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:43 PM   #6
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
There is a problem with those cars....

They are missing 2-4 cylinders.
Old 12-03-2020, 09:17 PM   #7
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Some people do dig the better balance of the 2.0T. Recall that Randy Pobst bought a 2.0T 1LE.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566178

Some people also just like to tune a turbocharged engine.

The only pony car I apply the "V8 or GTFO" mentality on is the Challenger, and that's because it's a one-trick pony that's only good for straight-line accelerations and the V6 can't even deliver that. It also manages to be slower than most high-power mid-size Sedans nowadays(like a 2.0T Accord or V6 Camry). But even then, there is the GT AWD, which can be attractive and useful for some.

Again, I agree with someone who said that the 2.0T/V6 Camaro is not a good pony car(because no V8), but it's a good sports car.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:25 PM   #8
mrkyleman

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbjey View Post
Dude what? The I4 Mustang and I4 Camaro are the most powerful cars in the mid (and lower) 20K range. You literally can not beat the price per performance in that range.

I bought a used gen6 SS for the price of a new gen6 I4 at the dealer with 30Kish miles. I think I'll sleep fine tonight with the price per performance I have.

I just don't think it is practical to spend 25k-ish for just under 300 HP. That just isn't a fun sports car to me knowing Honda Civics can put up a good fight.
mrkyleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:41 PM   #9
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
I bought a used gen6 SS for the price of a new gen6 I4 at the dealer with 30Kish miles. I think I'll sleep fine tonight with the price per performance I have.

I just don't think it is practical to spend 25k-ish for just under 300 HP. That just isn't a fun sports car to me knowing Honda Civics can put up a good fight.
To each of their own. Some people like the peace of mind of brand new cars. All cars I have bought other than the Camaro have been used so I get what you are saying.

A canned tune will bring the 2.0T past 300 BHP pretty easily, I'd imagine.

And unless we are talking about a Civic Type R(ice), you aren't gonna have trouble with any Civic unless it's majorly modded. Civic Type R(ice) looks ridiculous, overheats on tracks and also demands a pretty high price. If I am choosing between it and a 2.0T/V6 1LE, I am picking the Camaro.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:53 PM   #10
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Nothing wrong with the I4Turbo or the V6, we all start somewhere. My first car was a 3.8l w/5spd - solid first car. It set me on the path to being a car guy and snagging my 6.2l now.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:39 PM   #11
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Quote:

Bro you can't find any new cars at 25k with just under 300hp, with the exception of the Mustang and Camaro.

I dunno what Civic you're comparing with. The closest in that price range is the Civic Si which gets stomped by the I4 pony cars.

In fact, the I4 (and V6) pony cars are much closer in perform to the Civic Type R, which cost 10k+ more.

If you want to go down the used car rabbit hole, then fine, but there's always going to be a used car that's faster.
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:56 PM   #12
IAI80

Drives: 2016 1LT V6 A8
Quote:

There are those that beat the hell out of a V8 sports car for about 30K ish miles and then dump them before the warranty runs out. Sleep well.
IAI80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 11:48 PM   #13
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAI80 View Post
There are those that beat the hell out of a V8 sports car for about 30K ish miles and then dump them before the warranty runs out. Sleep well.
Then there are the old guys that pamper their super cars for 1,900 miles to be traded in to those that pamper them further.

Keep in mind these cars, especially in their V8 forms, are more than capable of being rode hard & put away wet for tens of thousands of miles.

Compression holds, trans shifts hard, rear end holds torque, car accelerates. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Personal experience here: I picked up an 86GT/ 5spd with 80K on the clock with 3.55 gears. Ya don’t think it was wrung out & left to dry many a time?

Well, I started modding it & over a period of 4-5yrs it went from stock (low 15’s) to ported stock E5 heads & ported/welded intake (mid 13’s NA) with a 250HP shot of nitrous (11.7’s 1/4) to a JY twin DSM T25 system (11,7’s @117mph) to GN T3 turbo system with AFR Heads & intake on a stock cam & 13psi on race gas (10.6-10.7’s@ 125-127mph even saw some mid-128’s at Union Grove on a cool night) all on the factory short block. That includes multiple blown headgaskets (honestly lost count) where the oil looked like a chocolate/ vanilla milkshake & one time I blew the head gasket out between 7 & 8 cylinder where exhaust gas was blowing out between the head & block when I over ran the MAF. That motor even encountered a 6k RPM back shift that bent all 8 exhaust valves & “clearanced” the factory flat top pistons to come back with a single T70 & run the same 10.60’s @ 128mph. I made hundreds of passes in that car, not including street hits.

So spare me your “muh 30K mile being beaten on” straw man argument, as these LT motors can handle a metric shit ton more than that 5.0 could even dream of.

Last edited by gtfoxy; 12-04-2020 at 12:15 AM.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 12:04 AM   #14
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Without the sound of the V8 I would not be happy.