Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-03-2020, 10:06 PM   #29
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLO LT1 View Post
Please use search! This topic has been beat to death on here over and over for years now.
You mean like every exhaust thread?

If we don’t have active posting of topics this site dies, whether they are dupes or not.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:10 PM   #30
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLO LT1 View Post
Please use search! This topic has been beat to death on here over and over for years now.
At that rate anything you might know or have just learned is most likely already on wikipedia and google, nobody should share anything personal. That's the wrong direction IMO, unless you run the site and are worried about such minimal losses of storage efficiency—this is why we are all here, to discuss stuff.

On a tangentially related note, the search feature is abysmal, it's very difficult to find something specific.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:15 PM   #31
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
This year I splurged on an Optimate trickle charger and hooked it up to the positive fuse terminal and the negative chassis terminal next to it. The thing charges/maintains like it's supposed to and looks spiffy, too.
That is pretty neat.

I like the fact it has both clamps & terminals.

I was thinking of adding a weather-tight GM dual plug connector & hard wiring it as shown previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
At that rate anything you might know or have just learned is most likely already on wikipedia and google, nobody should share anything personal. That's the wrong direction IMO, unless you run the site and are worried about such minimal losses of storage efficiency—this is why we are all here, to discuss stuff.

On a tangentially related note, the search feature is abysmal, it's very difficult to find something specific.
Not to mention information changes & evolves. If everyone just accepted old ideas we’d still think the world is flat, Newtonian physics, Darwin’s theory of evolution, The Wright Brother’s concept of controlled flight, Einstein’s theory of Relativity would have never been.

My first memorable paper was on Gallaleo. His ostensible take on our known thinking of the universe influenced my perception of things throughout my life.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 11:36 PM   #32
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Ctek MXS 5.0 works well. Got one of these a couple months ago for $68... price has since gone up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CD44RQO
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 06:46 AM   #33
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
If you're going to cover the car, there are plenty of ways to route wiring through the grille. I have a Schneider Electric tender that has quick disconnect of the cable holding the clamps from the main charging 'brain'. I clip the cables onto the terminals under the hood and then route the cable from the brain in through the grille right next to the passenger side headlight. It pretty much pops directly into the engine bay where I can connect it to the cable with the clamps. The entire brain remains outside of the car, a couple of feet away on the floor/piece of wood.

If you're not going to cover the car, you also have the option of routing out at the back of the hood. I have done this as well, leaving the charging brain resting on the windshield. Both options allow the hood to be closed.

But... also if you're not covering the car, you set the hood down without fully closing it and just route the wire out between the hood and front bumper.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 07:25 AM   #34
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
You mean like every exhaust thread?

If we don’t have active posting of topics this site dies, whether they are dupes or not.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 01:29 PM   #35
az4783054

Drives: SWXXZL1
If you're not aware, there are various quick connect male/female harnesses that can be found for use with the Battery Tender by DELTRAN. Stinkin' amazon, motorcycle shops, automotive supply and some hardware supplies should have them. For example, a short fused harness with ring terminals instead of the clamp harness, various length harness extensions, etc.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:32 PM   #36
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by az4783054 View Post
If you're not aware, there are various harnesses that can be found for use with the Battery Tender by DELTRAN. Stinkin' amazon, motorcycle shops, automotive supply and some hardware supplies should have them. For example, a short fused harness with ring terminals instead of the clamp harness, various length harness extensions, etc.
My CTEK came with a nice harness that I attached to the battery. The wire is, I dunno maybe 18" long and has a connector that mates to a corresponding one on the wire coming from the CTEK. The connector has a cap on it, to keep it clean and dry when not in use. Very tidy. Plenty long enough to dangle outside the little rectangular carpet access panel for convenient use. That access panel flexes easily, so it is not a problem running the wire out under the edge of it.

Of course, as you point out, you can get those kinds of things for Battery Tenders as well. At one time, they came with several ends. Maybe they still do.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:59 PM   #37
zag

Drives: 2018 camaro 2 ss
Battery Tender

As Gunkk said. Get yourself a CTEK mxs5.0/12v-4.3Amp. It has all that you will need and it works great. It comes with a 5yr warranty. In fact if you look at the tender that says Camaro and Corvette from GM, they look like the CTEK mxs. The company has been around for years. It charges at 4.3 amps if needed till it reaches the full state,then goes into a maintaining mode.
zag is offline   Reply With Quote