Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 07-24-2015, 07:37 AM   #1
$inferno
Trust No One

Drives: 94 Camaro Z28 & 2010 Camaro 1LT IOM
Pets in your car

Do any other Camaro owners let their pets ride in your car? We let our Boston Terrier ride but only in a car seat and her buckled in. This is Paige. She was abused by the owners before we got her. She really doesn't like men, Other than myself and my son Hunter. It took me 3 years to be able to just touch her without her nipping at my hand. But now she trust me with her life. It doesn't matter what time I walk Paige, She goes straight to the Camaro when she hits the ground!

Have a Great Day!
Philip
Attached Images

2010 Camaro 1LT V6/A6
94 Camaro Z28 A4
$inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:06 AM   #2
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
That's awesome man, I'm looking into rescue too but I'm saving up some money so I know I have plenty for a "pet emergency" because you never know.
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:09 AM   #3
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
No, if we have to transport the dogs, we use one of the trucks. If I were bleeding out, we would drive to the hospital in one of the trucks. If I died, they might start using the Camaro.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:11 AM   #4
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
No
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:11 AM   #5
clashley1976

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
No, if we have to transport the dogs, we use one of the trucks. If I were bleeding out, we would drive to the hospital in one of the trucks.
Same here!
CAI intake, VTC, VMax PTB, VMax Iceolator, Apex intake scoop, Roto-Fab washer bottle relocate
Build Journal: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=419992

clashley1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:15 AM   #6
Hilflos

Drives: 2015 1SS / RS NPP
Wonder mutt gets rides before every walk. He's a rescue also, was found huddled up against the side of an acquaintance's house during the middle of a rain storm, when he was about six months old. That was nearly a decade ago now.

From my time in the infantry, cold rain is one of my most loathed occurrences. We made eye contact right there in the downpour, and it was an instant bonding moment. Came home with me and I haven't ever regretted it.

The first year or so was awkward. He is pure bred east-Dayton street mutt, and was not in any way shape or form socialized. I'm positive he was abused at some point also. His reaction to older, grey-haired Caucasian males gives me a pretty good idea of at least what physical type was responsible.

For a long, long, time I was the only person he trusted at all. That's changed a lot in the last five or six years. He's got a pretty extensive circle of humans he loves these days.

He too is incapable of bypassing the car on our way out for walks. So, he gets a ride around the neighborhood before every walk.
Attached Images

Hilflos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:18 AM   #7
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Why not; She's a Camaro fan too!!
Name:  Cruising.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  160.0 KB
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:19 AM   #8
Coop1701

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
I have Maggie my German Shepherd. She is 110 and likes to ride.
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2015, 09:25 AM   #9
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
I do not have pics in the car, but our yellow lab Shellie goes on many trips with us in both the Camaro (black cloth interior) and the Avalanche (tan leather). I am never able to get all her fur out, and find nose prints in the oddest places, but we love having her with us (and she loves going) so I am good with it. Plus, her fur does not affect the handling of the 1LE at all! And though it is not a Camaro, my my neighbor lets his yellow lab Sadie ride in his Ferrari.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:27 AM   #10
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
I had my SS for a week and I decided to take my English Bulldog to the pet store and buy him some treats. The weather was nice, the top was down, I put him in the front seat on a blanket and he sneezed and blew snot all over the stereo and dash within a minute. That was the first and last time Dozer was invited into my car.
Attached Images

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:31 AM   #11
chevyss69

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Big no for me...
chevyss69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:36 AM   #12
Natti337

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro LT
My dog hates my camaro. I have another car he's allowed to do whatever he wants in, he loves sticking his head out the window like most dogs, but in the camaro I wont let him because I don't want him to scratch my door. So he just lays there on a blanket depressed lol. It's funny to watch his body language when he realizes what car we are going out in.
Natti337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:50 AM   #13
Sandman1969

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Quote:
Originally Posted by $inferno View Post
Do any other Camaro owners let their pets ride in your car? We let our Boston Terrier ride but only in a car seat and her buckled in. This is Paige. She was abused by the owners before we got her. She really doesn't like men, Other than myself and my son Hunter. It took me 3 years to be able to just touch her without her nipping at my hand. But now she trust me with her life. It doesn't matter what time I walk Paige, She goes straight to the Camaro when she hits the ground!

Have a Great Day!
Philip

I don't let our pets in my car we use the wife's pilot for that.

Sad about abused dogs. Why get a pet?

My MIL who lives with us rescued a dachshund mix that was obviously abused by men. She would cower and then nip at me when I tried to pet her especially on the head. Now she will hop on my lap and let me pet her, but still is very timid.

2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Sandman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:54 AM   #14
Sidecardog1

Drives: 2015 2SS, 1LE, Dual Mode, Black
My dog loves riding in the car, I put one of those pet quilts made for the rear seat in, made a tether to the child restraint and clip that to her collar. With the windows down, she can get her head into the wind without putting her feet up. I have to be careful whenever I open the door to the car because she will climb right into the back seat ready to go. Of course, there is the hair cleanup & I use a drier fabric softener sheet to pick it all right up. We have taken long trips in the car & it's no problem. I also have a cheap movers quilt folded like a runner strip which lays on the rear floor on the drivers side, I simply fold it out so the claws don't scratch anything during entry and exit. Pax is a 2 yr old Vizsla and has plenty of energy. The pic shows her meeting a new little black dog, they actually got along well after the initial panic intro !
Attached Images

Sidecardog1 is offline   Reply With Quote