Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-25-2016, 02:56 PM   #15
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
We have picked up the pieces of a few builds gone a stray and are willing to do the same on yours. PM sent
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:10 PM   #16
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
WTF? I would be livid. Don't throw good money or time after bad. Get your car, get your parts and get the f out of there. Today.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:18 PM   #17
DBHWT

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Get it towed out.....it probably ain't gonna get better....eat the costs to get it done the right way
DBHWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:18 PM   #18
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurshot View Post
For a large project, there should be a contract with progress milestones and payment/penalties associated. Missed milestones should have progressive penalties to motivate the provider to complete the work asap.

Do you have knowledge of whether the internal parts and workmanship is actually present in your engine? Once you start getting adversarial, expect the worse.

If he's really a friend , you should talk to him about your situation frankly. If he does not have the ability to complete the car in a reasonable time or has not purchased all the necessary parts, even though you paid for them, he should consider taking a loan out to repay you.

You may have to resort to legal action if he doesn't respond to your satisfaction. Maybe time for a consultation with an attorney?

100% Agreed!!!^^^^

You and him need to have a REAL talk. A couple hundred out of my pocket would have been a big deal, $20k and heads would be rolling. Forget friendship right now and keep it strictly business. Once you establish a contract and can see where you money has gone on the car, do as above mentioned and keep the milestones on the forefront. When he finishes to satisfactory, you guys can go back to shits, giggles, and grins.

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:39 PM   #19
Freddy G

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE /2011 2LT
Burn their shops down then call 911. But seriously get a tow truck, collect any parts that you paid for and GTFO.
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:40 PM   #20
Sidecardog1

Drives: 2015 2SS, 1LE, Dual Mode, Black
Friend ??

It's a good thing that you didn't put the name of his shop on this site or they would be out of business pretty fast. Not sure how far you guys go back, but if this is how he treats his friends the rest of us would never set foot inside. You may want to consider the "money is no object" incentive.
Sidecardog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:54 PM   #21
camaro2ss/rs

Drives: 2ss/rs
you kept saying speed shop.. do you mean slow shop..
camaro2ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:16 PM   #22
Frans96ss

Drives: 96SS
What parts does he have for the 20k you gave him? Any or did he spend the money?
Frans96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:30 PM   #23
DaddySS
Kept The Faith

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Ask your "friend" what you owe him for what's been done so far and ask for an itemized bill and parts accounting. Then get it towed to a reputable shop - it won't get batter at this rate and anything else is just wishful thinking.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:16 PM   #24
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
WTF? I would be livid. Don't throw good money or time after bad. Get your car, get your parts and get the f out of there. Today.
I'll quote myself because I feel so strongly about this.

You see, you are hesitating because this guy is supposed to be your friend.

Real friends don't take advantage of you like this. You were thrown under the bus by this "friend" a LONG time ago. Get clear of this mess now.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:13 AM   #25
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
This is a typical Paint Prison story altered to do Go-Fast work.

There are only two answers;
1. Yank it out of there & find someone better
2. Stay the course & wait

Since you are Ocala, call Kyle here @ BMR, he may have some solutions for you.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:22 AM   #26
cb66

Drives: 13 2SS/RS HWSE Camaro # 959
Does he even know what he is doing or did he get into something he didn't know much about?
Roto Fab CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder series exhaust , Elite Engineering catch can, Range AFM delete ,Oracle LED side marker lights ,Plasma LED DRL Lights & harness, LED License Plate bulbs, Xpel Ultimate paint protection film.
cb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:27 PM   #27
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
These stories rarely end well. The OP's story seems far worse than mine:

My '82 Camaro needed an engine replacement. I took it to a shop that would do the job in one week.

After two months, I got my car back. It was dented from their own parts truck ramming it (I happened to have witnessed that, during one of my countless visits to try to motivate their slow asses), they had set actual fire to my inner dash (including destroying my high end head unit), they had spilled a sticky beverage into all of my electric switches (rendering locks and windows inoperable), the parts they charged me for were just my old parts spray painted (serial numbers proved that), and the resulting "repair" leaked oil, water, and air.

I sued, and lost: The judge reasoned that if my car was in the shop, then it was ALREADY "a broken car," so, she said, it was utterly impossible for me to suggest that these fine working men could have done any damage to a thing that even I admitted was "already broken." She could not grasp the concept that I had given them large sums of money, they had failed to deliver, and had done much further damage. She threw me out of her courtroom.

I sued again, and this time the judge was a guy who understood the finer complexities of a bunch of grease monkeys f-ing up my car and keeping my money. He quickly ruled in my favor.

However... it turns out, a judgement doesn't mean a thing. The shop owner laughed at me, and told me that he didn't care about a "judgment." He said he would never pay me a dime... and he did not. There is no legal penalty for failing to pay on a judgment. (Yes, I hired a Marshall to try to recover funds, but the Marshall cost me a daily fee.... and didn't recover a thing). What are ya gonna do if somebody decides not to pay on a lost lawsuit... sue them?!?

So... my advice is to get out now. It only gets worse. The dude might be a friend ("...with friends like that..."), so maybe lawsuit isn't even a thought, but even if you were considering legal action, you probably won't get a thing (especially since there is no contract). Get out. Run, tow, drag, kick and scream, but get your stuff out of his garage, recover the best that you can.

Bummer of a tale... but something that others may be able to learn from. Sorry this happened to you, after trusting a friend.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:18 PM   #28
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
1100 hp daily driver??? Really??? More HP than a NASCAR or F1 car but drive it every day?? That in itself seems a bit unreasonable.

15 months is a ridiculous amount of time without the car. There is really no excuse for your "friend".

Like others have said... I would get all your parts and have it towed to a reputable shop realizing you won't have 1100 hp.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote