Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 11-22-2019, 06:05 AM   #15
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldi Z View Post
Good points. LT4 In-Tank, I already have from the factory (its an SS 1LE), so I would need the HPFP and LT4 injectors.
What about an in-tank pump voltage booster (AKA "BAP")?
My power goals are ~ 580 WHP, not more. I hope to be able to achieve it at ~ 8.5-9 Pounds max on 93 pump and still keep the timing advance and A/F in a "safe zone"
Is this achievable with I.E. a Novi 1500SL system?
With your car having the LT4 low side pump, plus installing the LT4 high pressure pump and LT4 injectors, you should then have enough fuel supply on 93 pump for that boost level on a stock motor. Sounds like you want to go up one step on the 1500SL from the base kit? The base kit is called the 8psi kit, and it comes with a 32t pulley on the supercharger and a 30t on the jackshaft. I had this kit, and with a ZL1 in-tank pump like yours, but stock LT1 high pressure pump and injectors, the high side pressure was dropping. Fuel systems vary and some get away with the stock fuel system on base kits, some do not. Since you want to turn the boost up higher than base level, upgrading the fuel system from the get-go is a good idea.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:31 AM   #16
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post
Can you tell me where the fuel pump voltage is in the FSCM? I have my tune pulled up and I see my AFM/NPP valve settings, so the FSCM is loaded. But System/General/Alternator - I see the "fuel system voltage min"...but that's in the ECM. as a matter of fact, everything under alternator is in the ECM.
Sorry, just saw this post now. I did a quick check and it's max pressure, not voltage being adjusted in the FSCM. See attached. You can also adjust pump duty cycle and regulation pressure too.
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2019, 06:12 PM   #17
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
With your car having the LT4 low side pump, plus installing the LT4 high pressure pump and LT4 injectors, you should then have enough fuel supply on 93 pump for that boost level on a stock motor. Sounds like you want to go up one step on the 1500SL from the base kit? The base kit is called the 8psi kit, and it comes with a 32t pulley on the supercharger and a 30t on the jackshaft. I had this kit, and with a ZL1 in-tank pump like yours, but stock LT1 high pressure pump and injectors, the high side pressure was dropping. Fuel systems vary and some get away with the stock fuel system on base kits, some do not. Since you want to turn the boost up higher than base level, upgrading the fuel system from the get-go is a good idea.
Good to know and thanks for the heads up
In general, what was your experience with the 1500SL kit? Did you get it from ECS or from Vortech?
What kind of WHP did you see on 8 Pounds and 93 Fuel?
Finally, why did you let go of the kit?
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 01:09 PM   #18
wnta1ss

Quote:
Good to know and thanks for the heads up
In general, what was your experience with the 1500SL kit? Did you get it from ECS or from Vortech?
What kind of WHP did you see on 8 Pounds and 93 Fuel?
Finally, why did you let go of the kit?
Sorry, did not see these questions until now. Kit worked fine, the 1500SL (bought from ECS) makes very little noise, which I personally considered a good thing. When you start it up you can tell there is something there, but it was not loud like some blowers are. Did not dyno it when it was running decent, but the fact that it ran high 10s in the 1/4 mile in hot weather tells me that it was running just fine for a base kit.

One of the big reasons that I'd put the kit up for sale was that I wanted to make long runs and then found out about the piston ring issues in the LT1. The issue was the LT1, not the particular supercharger, as risk would be the same for adding any blower to the LT1. I chose not to risk it on long runs. Also was thinking that I might get kicked off the dragstrip at any time for not having a rollbar, as the rule had not changed for NHRA yet when I listed it. Rules changed, and now I kind of wish that I'd just kept it for the dragstrip. It's really not that difficult to switch it back to NA for going on the long runs.
Old 12-15-2019, 06:33 PM   #19
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
Sorry, did not see these questions until now. Kit worked fine, the 1500SL (bought from ECS) makes very little noise, which I personally considered a good thing. When you start it up you can tell there is something there, but it was not loud like some blowers are. Did not dyno it when it was running decent, but the fact that it ran high 10s in the 1/4 mile in hot weather tells me that it was running just fine for a base kit.

One of the big reasons that I'd put the kit up for sale was that I wanted to make long runs and then found out about the piston ring issues in the LT1. The issue was the LT1, not the particular supercharger, as risk would be the same for adding any blower to the LT1. I chose not to risk it on long runs. Also was thinking that I might get kicked off the dragstrip at any time for not having a rollbar, as the rule had not changed for NHRA yet when I listed it. Rules changed, and now I kind of wish that I'd just kept it for the dragstrip. It's really not that difficult to switch it back to NA for going on the long runs.
Exactly one of my fears - long runs on boost. Since I would not like to restrict myself, I think that I would have to add a Pistons-Rods combo (I.E. GPI's kit with the Diamond-Compstar components) if I mod to the ECS kit.
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 06:00 AM   #20
wnta1ss

Quote:
Exactly one of my fears - long runs on boost. Since I would not like to restrict myself, I think that I would have to add a Pistons-Rods combo (I.E. GPI's kit with the Diamond-Compstar components) if I mod to the ECS kit.
If you can get the pistons/rings taken care of, that's a good thing. I had looked at the drop-in pistons from VR, but the logistics of getting the engine into a place where I could take it apart was a problem.