Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-01-2024, 12:00 PM   #1
Vanguard
Brian

Drives: 2024 Camaro 2SS vert
Camaro front camera fix

I recently purchased a 24 2SS convertible and traded in a 2019 Corvette GS convertible. The Vette had a front camera which I found invaluable for parking nose-in. The Camaro nose distance is difficult to judge but there is no front camera to assist. The solution for me is this device: WiFi Car Wireless Backup Camera, GreenYi 5G 720P HD Car License Plate Rear/Front View on Amazon. When powered, it generates a 5G wi-fi signal and transmits the image to your android or iphone via an app called Joytrip. It works really well and saves me a lot of anxiety about parking nose-in. I installed the camera just below the front license plate holder (required in Ontario) so it is not easily visible. It took me a good 6 hours to do the wiring and install the camera. Very pleased with the result.
Vanguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 01:06 PM   #2
PostalLDMC

Drives: 2022 2LT RS Convertible
The question I have is what about bugs and stones? Over here in upper IL. we have lots of both.
PostalLDMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 10:21 PM   #3
JimmyFD43

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro convertable
PICTURE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
I recently purchased a 24 2SS convertible and traded in a 2019 Corvette GS convertible. The Vette had a front camera which I found invaluable for parking nose-in. The Camaro nose distance is difficult to judge but there is no front camera to assist. The solution for me is this device: WiFi Car Wireless Backup Camera, GreenYi 5G 720P HD Car License Plate Rear/Front View on Amazon. When powered, it generates a 5G wi-fi signal and transmits the image to your android or iphone via an app called Joytrip. It works really well and saves me a lot of anxiety about parking nose-in. I installed the camera just below the front license plate holder (required in Ontario) so it is not easily visible. It took me a good 6 hours to do the wiring and install the camera. Very pleased with the result.
A picture is worth a dictionary...
JimmyFD43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 09:06 AM   #4
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
1) Learn how to use your sideview mirrors to gauge where the front of the car is.

2) Back in. Problem solved.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 10:18 AM   #5
david_acm

Drives: LT1
Since we only have rear plates in FL, the HOA in this condo complex requires all plates be visible (so only nose-in parking). I just look at my car's reflection off of another vehicle to gauge how close I am in front.

But yeah, back up into any other parking space and problem solved.
david_acm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 10:30 AM   #6
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_acm View Post
Since we only have rear plates in FL, the HOA in this condo complex requires all plates be visible (so only nose-in parking). I just look at my car's reflection off of another vehicle to gauge how close I am in front.

But yeah, back up into any other parking space and problem solved.
I sort of get it... they want to push for "only registered vehicles on the property", but they have no way to validate a registration.

I've used the "vehicle next to me" trick for years as well. Once you set your driving position in the car, and you have the car parked where you want it, look -under- the side mirrors. You should be able to identify a relative position under the bottom of the mirror to where the curb or similar should be. When pulling in, you use that as your guide to know when you're in far enough.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 03:14 PM   #7
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Once you set your driving position in the car, and you have the car parked where you want it, look -under- the side mirrors. You should be able to identify a relative position under the bottom of the mirror to where the curb or similar should be. When pulling in, you use that as your guide to know when you're in far enough.
I use this method when stopping at stoplights to pull up as close to the crosswalk without having my nose protrude into it. Works well for nose-in parking in "straight" parking spaces, not so much for angled spaces or if you park in end spots.
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 05:43 PM   #8
Anjilslaire

Drives: 2021 3LT RS A10
I use the backup camera to get the rear end near the end of the white parking lines and call it good. The parking lines are usually long enough for the length of the car itself.
Anjilslaire is offline   Reply With Quote