Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-03-2019, 09:14 AM   #197
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTwin86 View Post
Refreshed tail lights is convex, pure Toyota and Nissan style, i hate it. Original gen 6 looks more aggressive if smoked and correspond whole sharp car design, refreshed round design looks alien, IMHO.
The "older" ones just look too flat and C7 Corvette'ish to me now. They are roundish and remind me of the best looking Camaros ever made, the 70-73 2nd Gen.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:15 AM   #198
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airfuel View Post
They are referred to as ugly goggles by the haters.
No haters here, just people with taste in design, that care about this car's future
There are so many performance cars around that look so plain, Camaro was one of them that stands out *because of its design*. That's why I picked it. Style and performance. Remove style.. well.. is just another performance car.
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:20 AM   #199
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Only pic I took this weekend...
Attached Images

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:26 AM   #200
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
No haters here, just people with taste in design, that care about this car's future
There are so many performance cars around that look so plain, Camaro was one of them that stands out *because of its design*. That's why I picked it. Style and performance. Remove style.. well.. is just another performance car.
I like good design and I like the new tail lights. I also care about the future of this car.

It's just opinion. Neither of us are experts on design and we can't speak for everyone else out there. There are many people that like the new tail lights.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:31 AM   #201
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
And they say Chevy doesn't listen.

Guess if you whine loud enough.. Those guys have been in our Camp for a long long time from the Disciple team until now.

Kudos for making the adjustment.
Chevrolet might do better if they allow a group of enthusiasts to sign off on a design before it gets the "ok to build" go ahead. The flap grille is a total flop and the entire Chevy line is cursed with them. Whoever approves this flap design should be working for Hyundai or Datsun.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:33 AM   #202
x55cam

Drives: Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
i dont get how they paint the center section and moved the bow tie and somehow that makes the entire front end go from what was apparently universally hated to "amazing and awesome"

It looks the same as 2019 to me. It's going to look the same to anyone else considering most people can't even tell the difference between the 5th gen and 6th gen. If you thought 2019 didn't look good, then there wont be much widespread difference with your opinion of the 2020.
Look at it this way, if someone you know never had facial hair , then one day you see him with a mustache like Groucho Marx or Sam Elliot, you wouldn't notice it?

Same to me as to what they did with the SS except the opposite - they removed the mustache.
x55cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:37 AM   #203
396ssrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
Gonna sucks for those who got a ‘19 v6. So now the entire lineup has A10 minus the 4 cylinder?
May sound peculiar but not every buyer wants a v8 when Gas is nearing $4. per gallon. My grandson just flat didn't want a v8 or an engine which requires premium fuel. He will be stoked with a 335hp v6 but that said, I hope they have the lowly 8spd trans figured out by the end of the month because that's when his gets built.
I do think the LT1 is a terrific move on Chevy's part. It will boost their sales numbers. If the economy stays on track for a while.

Last edited by 396ssrat; 05-03-2019 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:39 AM   #204
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Don't be surprised if 7th gen doesn't come along until later.
The new Caddys that the 7th Gen will be sharing a platform with should be arriving as a 2021 model so I expect the new Camaro to show up very shortly after. This would streamline production a good bit because they won't be building on two different platforms in the same factory for multiple years, it makes sense to me at least. Plus 2016-2021 matches the run of the 5th gen, and 7th gen in 2022 will make it 2 years after the new Vette that it will almost certainly be sharing some parts with just like what happened with the 6th gen.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:54 AM   #205
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
The new Caddys that the 7th Gen will be sharing a platform with should be arriving as a 2021 model so I expect the new Camaro to show up very shortly after. This would streamline production a good bit because they won't be building on two different platforms in the same factory for multiple years, it makes sense to me at least. Plus 2016-2021 matches the run of the 5th gen, and 7th gen in 2022 will make it 2 years after the new Vette that it will almost certainly be sharing some parts with just like what happened with the 6th gen.
There is no guarantee or confirmation that the Camaro will share this platform. If GM develops a 7th gen, it's likely but we don't even know if there will be a 7th gen at this point. The 5th gen was a bigger sales success than the 6th gen has been so you can't really use it's life cycle as a guide.

Right now, the 7th gen is just wishful thinking by ethusiasts.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:08 AM   #206
396ssrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Keep in mind marketing and advertising aren’t the same thing. Advertising is a subset of marketing.

Me? I’m offended by the Dodge ads. “domestic not domesticated”. From an Italian company for a product made in Canada. Sorry doesn’t work for me, but maybe it’s exactly why it’s selling.

Mustang? What commercials have the Mustang? I recall only the one with the measurement of the exhaust.

I fully agree a Camaro commercial would be AWESOME!!! But GM will only due it based on improved sales and a good business case, not to make us feel better.
GM USA has partnered with Canada for as long as I can remember. If it weren't for the taxpayer there would be no GM, at least as we know it.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:15 AM   #207
396ssrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
That what I'm thinking as well. I would be surprised if it carries the same on Track factory warranty of the current SS, 1LE, or ZL1. I'm thinking it will be considered a touring version with a V8.

Looking forward to seeing them hit the lot
Maybe if it didn't carry the same warranty as the others Chevy could remove some of the Nanny restrictions. Assuming the drivetrain is capable of a little abuse. If it isn't then GM needs to step up some. Be nice to see a few Camaro's crossing the stripe at the dragstrip for a change in front of the Mustand and Challenger. That would sell the Camaro. Oh btw, did I mention they need to fix the lacking a8?
Old 05-03-2019, 10:28 AM   #208
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
There is no guarantee or confirmation that the Camaro will share this platform. If GM develops a 7th gen, it's likely but we don't even know if there will be a 7th gen at this point. The 5th gen was a bigger sales success than the 6th gen has been so you can't really use it's life cycle as a guide.

Right now, the 7th gen is just wishful thinking by ethusiasts.
I will say this: The fact that GM threw the LT-1 and revised SS to us for 2020 gives me some hope that the 6th gen is still getting some attention internally. They may very well decide the car sells well enough to keep it around for a while until they can figure out what to do for gen 7, if anything.

The Challenger has been doing this for a while. Sometimes, playing the long-game and finding opportunities for flashy and low cost trims is viable. In the Challenger's case, they *still* aren't fully sure what they will do for its next gen, if anything, beyond a general statement that they can't keep producing the same car past the mid 2020's due to CAFE regulations. And in the Camaro's case, since the Corvette is moving up-stream, even just keeping the existing 6th gen Camaro around may be enough for now to fill the void, especially since right now, they have very similar performance and likely cannibalize each other's sales.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:38 AM   #209
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Just curious: if GM knows they screwed up with 2019 design, wouldn't be easier and less expensive for them to go back to 2016-2018 design instead of patching the ugly bumper to make it more desirable than 2019 but still worse than 2016-2018?

They already have the equipment, right? Or the change is so radical (lines might not match, different fittings for the hood) that doing a refresh to a refresh is cheaper/easier?
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:44 AM   #210
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
Rally Green is going to be an interesting color!

That's the Efffing color I wanted when I got my 17' SS. I asked if they were making it and they said no!!! I settled for Black!!
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote