Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-02-2019, 08:02 PM   #155
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
So it’ll be even more confusing when someone says 1LT vs LT1.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:07 PM   #156
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
smart af

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:14 PM   #157
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
I think the LT1 has the same suspension and auxiliary cooling as the 1SS/2SS, but not the bumper, LEDs, gauges, or 8" touchscreen. It's not a bad deal for the V8 enthusiast.
The SS coupe comes with all the coolers (higher capacity engine cooling system with 2 aux radiators, engine oil cooler, trans cooler, differential cooler).

The convertible SS model does not come with the 2 aux radiators, trans cooler (except for auto - that still comes with one), or differential cooler. I'm pretty sure the new LT1 model will not come with those coolers either since they need to recoup the price difference somehow.

I'd be interested in what's different on the suspension and brakes compared to the SS. I'm guessing it would not come with the SS Track mode and competitive driving mode.

Seems like a good additional to the line-up. I hope it sells well.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:15 PM   #158
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
I agree ,
But Go back and re-read some threads. I was one suggested a low cost v8 and was told with absolute authority by people here that GM could not do that it was impossible for a variety of reasons and also wouldn’t sell anyway and Chevrolet would not be stupid enough to do such a thing. Also go back and read where people said general motors would not change for 2020 that we were all wasting our time hoping for that. No no there is plenty of people who if they’re being honest, are very very surprised by these changes. People with open minds and forward thinking no they’re not surprised by this at all.
Mark Reuss had said about a year and a half ago that GM was going to look at how to provide a lower entry price for a V8 Camaro. This was the first sign that yes, there would be an LT1 free flow option for 1LT trim cars. I’m actually a bit surprised it didn’t show up in 2019. Some people at the time (not saying it was you, because I really don’t recall who it was) took that to mean that GM would offer the 5.3L as an option under the 6.2L. I said then and I’ll stand by it now...that ain’t gonna happen.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:19 PM   #159
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
"20-inch forged aluminum wheels available on LT, LT1 and SS."

I wonder if these are the current forged offerings (ie. the V6 1LE style wheels in black and polished) or something else.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:28 PM   #160
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
Interesting moves. I kind of like the LT1 idea. Not for me personally, but I can see how many in the market for a V6 due to budget can stretch up to a V8 without having to pay for the SS. I think that’s a smart move and will likely help sales.

The whole front end change is not that big of a deal for me. I had a 16 2SS and loved it. I now have a 19 1SS 1LE and love it. I think the black front bar works with the 1LE package and also works with certain colors on the SS. Most of the complaints are coming from 16-18 SS owners. Sure, the flowtie looks better in the grill but doesn’t move the needle at all on perform, which is what drove me to purchase the car. These styling issues get way over-blown IMO.
It sounds like you can option the LT1 up pretty nicely. In my opinion it's not just a cheap SS, it's a far better looking SS. The 2020 SS is an improvement over the 19, which I still think is terrible, but the "base" front actually looks good.

For the most part, the higher the trim level in the Camaro to worse it looks. V6 looked the best, then SS. I really don't care for the ZL1 for the 6th gen but the 1le 6th gen is just icky.

Only one to break the mold was the SS 1le.

Personally I think the LT1 with a set of SS 1LE wheels and dark laps is going to be the pinnacle of 6th gens, appearance wise.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:30 PM   #161
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
I was hard on the '19 refresh, but certain colors have grown on me. I think the 2020 changes are a home run for Chevy. I hope the LT1 V8 Camaro will be as popular and well-known as the 5.0 Mustang back in the day. We bought my now 18 year old son a left over '17, (great deal, $6200 off sticker), RS, V6, A8. He had the original flush done in early Jan., '18. I plan to get the new flush when school is out next month. I hope the shudder will be gone, (he only has 5600 miles on it in 16 months!), and that he will always be able to keep his first new car. I plan to get my new V8 Camaro when I retire in a couple of years. May even sell my '79 vette that I have owned since "87!
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:36 PM   #162
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
It’s funny how some people keep bringing up the word profitability. They have no idea how much profit is model to model it’s all fake news with out actual numbers which we don’t have and could never get it’s a strawman argument it’s stupid.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:53 PM   #163
Frankie18SS

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS, 07 Saturn Ion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
As I’ve tried really hard to point out GM has thus far not advertised because it won’t improve sales enough to pay for the commercial and subsequent air time.
I am certain there is some marketing research that is driving their opinion that it wouldn't pay to advertise. I would have to think Ford and Dodge have some justification that marketing for this niche segment works and based on sales figures year after year, I would agree with them.

The reason we are so passionate about this is because this car was already taken away from us once and Camaro enthusiasts are terrified that's going to happen again.

If GM said they don't want marketing for these but despite trailing sales figures, there will be a 7th and maybe even an 8th gen Camaro, people would stop complaining. For now, we are all just waiting for the rug to be pulled out from under us...AGAIN.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:13 PM   #164
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie18SS View Post
I am certain there is some marketing research that is driving their opinion that it wouldn't pay to advertise.

I've felt this way too. I'll tell you what advertises the car to me, and why i've ordered one. It's seeing them at track days, it's all the magazine reviews on how it drives, and how well it does on the track. The online videos with Randy Pobst. And how they openly warranty a tracked car! And from what i've read, they stick to it!
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 09:31 PM   #165
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
I like all the changes, if I needed a new daily I would surely be thinking about a LT1. But my J35Y1 Accord will probably last the rest of my life.

Well if they had just announced the ZL1 10 speed going in the SS 1LE I might have been checking out getting another(Shock 1LE 10 speed) But then again I might just end up with a ZL1 eventually anyway for my next purchase, so would probably be a waste.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:33 PM   #166
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie18SS View Post
I am certain there is some marketing research that is driving their opinion that it wouldn't pay to advertise. I would have to think Ford and Dodge have some justification that marketing for this niche segment works and based on sales figures year after year, I would agree with them.

The reason we are so passionate about this is because this car was already taken away from us once and Camaro enthusiasts are terrified that's going to happen again.

If GM said they don't want marketing for these but despite trailing sales figures, there will be a 7th and maybe even an 8th gen Camaro, people would stop complaining. For now, we are all just waiting for the rug to be pulled out from under us...AGAIN.
Keep in mind marketing and advertising aren’t the same thing. Advertising is a subset of marketing.

Me? I’m offended by the Dodge ads. “domestic not domesticated”. From an Italian company for a product made in Canada. Sorry doesn’t work for me, but maybe it’s exactly why it’s selling.

Mustang? What commercials have the Mustang? I recall only the one with the measurement of the exhaust.

I fully agree a Camaro commercial would be AWESOME!!! But GM will only due it based on improved sales and a good business case, not to make us feel better.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:45 PM   #167
Zylont

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
Have to admit this front end does look better, and i have a 2019 on order... oh well. The 2019 refresh did start to grow on me though. I might be one of the few out there that likes them all.
You are not the only one. The 2020 looks good, but I like the blacked out front of the 2019 better. I should be getting my '19 SS in June.
6000 - 6/7/19 - Delivered
Zylont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 10:12 PM   #168
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Son of a B. I finally decided i was going to buy a Scat Pack because Chevy ruined the 2019s and now the next day they come out with this. I haven’t purchased anything yet but this makes it more difficult. I’m curious to see what options would be included and how optioned out you can get one.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote