#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

Phastek Performance

Old 05-04-2016, 09:39 PM   #71
6LE Designs

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffMorse View Post
Anyone have any idea what it costs to have rally stripes painted? They're painted on my 2012 and I much prefer that look, but maybe it's not worth the extra expense.
If you're doing just top of bumper, hood, trunk and spoiler (no roof) and have no problem feeling the edge (of the paint) then you're probably looking at around $200-$400 depending on the shop.

Now, if you want the edge feathered and each panel re-cleared then probably at least $1000.

Of course, if you don't feather and clear it's kind of an in between of vinyl and good paint... They are painted but still have that vinyl edge to them.
6LE Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:42 PM   #72
6LE Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffMorse View Post
Anyone have any idea what it costs to have rally stripes painted? They're painted on my 2012 and I much prefer that look, but maybe it's not worth the extra expense.
Just realized you are in LA as well lol! We have a great shop I can send you to called Ultra Auto Body (kind of sort of in the ghetto lol but they do amazing work at cheap prices, they color changed our 4 door Silverado for $4k... trunk made top 10 lists at SEMA 2015 so I'd say the paint job was good lol!).

Worst case scenario, let's design whatever stripes you want on your car in vinyl. Then if you like them and still want paint it will cut the cost way down as he can just tape the inverse of the vinyl, pull the vinyl, scuff and spray...
Old 05-04-2016, 10:04 PM   #73
thebatmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcynet View Post
I had mine custom made that's why mine cover the vents
How did you get the mirrors and spoiler black? I plasti dipped mine and don't really like the matte color they lift, I like the gloss on yours.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:31 AM   #74
JeffMorse

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6LE Designs View Post
Just realized you are in LA as well lol! We have a great shop I can send you to called Ultra Auto Body (kind of sort of in the ghetto lol but they do amazing work at cheap prices, they color changed our 4 door Silverado for $4k... trunk made top 10 lists at SEMA 2015 so I'd say the paint job was good lol!).

Worst case scenario, let's design whatever stripes you want on your car in vinyl. Then if you like them and still want paint it will cut the cost way down as he can just tape the inverse of the vinyl, pull the vinyl, scuff and spray...
Thanks very much for the info. I don't have a Gen6 yet, just thinking out loud at the moment. I have painted stripes on my Gen5 that I really like, and don't care for any of the vinyl I've seen so far on the new gen.

I'll look you up if and when I'm ready. Thank you!
JeffMorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 03:13 AM   #75
6LE Designs

Will do sound good! When you go to buy, if you want, check out Rydell in Northridge and ask for "Bubba" lol. He's who we bought ours through and is a really nice guy...

I purposefully showed up wearing the worst clothes, literally probably looked homeless, to see who would still come up to help me. 5 guys looked away, "Bubba" walked over as if I was wearing 30 Rolexes lol.

Politely asked if he could show me anything, I said, "No thanks." He said, "No worries, if you need something let me know..." I said, "I just meant I don't need you to show me anything... I want to buy this one, I already am approved through my credit union, just need the paperwork from you." He about shit his pants with excitement, drove it home about 45 minutes later lol!
Old 05-05-2016, 10:32 PM   #76
6LE Designs

6LE Designs 50th Anniversary Stripe for 2016+ Camaros ...

Old 05-06-2016, 06:29 AM   #77
Dcsimpkins

Drives: 2016 RS Summit White Black Stripe
Here are the stripes that came on my RS
Attached Images

Dcsimpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:24 AM   #78
ScratchAce

Drives: 2SS - Hyper Blue/Ceramic White
Quote:
6LE Designs 50th Anniversary Stripe for 2016+ Camaros ...

Sharp and subtle...I like the looks of that a lot!

ScratchAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:11 AM   #79
catzgomew

Drives: 2016 V6 A8 2LT Silver Ice Coupe ZN2
Can anyone tell me, With body side spear type graphics, Are SS and non SS cars the same as far as fitment?
I am looking at something maybe like this but I'm not getting an SS
http://www.bigwormgraphix.net/2016ca...sidespears.htm
catzgomew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:41 PM   #80
angelbones

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS w/Ceramic Int, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Well, my buddy got his before I got mine. That's going to make this wait even longer. Hyper Blue 2SSwith the Silver center stripe and ash grey interior.
Thanks Eric. This is the closest to what I'm looking for. In just about any color, it's hard to find the center stripe, since most seem to get the rally stripes. I like the rally, but the center stripe is a little more subdued. I'm thinking of Hyper Blue with White center stripe, and Ceramic White interior. I've only seen one on Autotrader in the past 4 months and it wasn't near me. Just nice to see I'm not the only one on the same page with car looks.
angelbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 01:56 AM   #81
6LE Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzgomew View Post
Can anyone tell me, With body side spear type graphics, Are SS and non SS cars the same as far as fitment?

Should be the same...
Old 05-08-2016, 01:58 AM   #82
6LE Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScratchAce View Post
Sharp and subtle...I like the looks of that a lot!
Thanks Wait until you see what we're making on Monday

We FINALLY have time to make our own design, it's what's living on the car now until probably late July at the earliest (already did the major stripes so now the car is getting the BLADE spoiler for SS cars finished, the Recaros seats and seat brackets finished, the ABS splitter for stock bumpers finished and rear bumper diffusers finished, all by June 1st as that's when hood and other parts get started).
Old 05-08-2016, 01:24 PM   #83
bigwormgraphix
Account Suspended

Drives: 1991 Z28, 2015 SS & 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by catzgomew View Post
For those stripes and most other side stripes, SS and non-SS cars are the same for fitment.
bigwormgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:20 PM   #84
diirk

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Will do sound good! When you go to buy, if you want, check out Rydell in Northridge and ask for "Bubba" lol. He's who we bought ours through and is a really nice guy...

I purposefully showed up wearing the worst clothes, literally probably looked homeless, to see who would still come up to help me. 5 guys looked away, "Bubba" walked over as if I was wearing 30 Rolexes lol.

Politely asked if he could show me anything, I said, "No thanks." He said, "No worries, if you need something let me know..." I said, "I just meant I don't need you to show me anything... I want to buy this one, I already am approved through my credit union, just need the paperwork from you." He about shit his pants with excitement, drove it home about 45 minutes later lol!
That's awesome. When I sold cars I was the same way. Gave everyone the same treatment when they were ignored or avoided by others.
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote