Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-25-2015, 10:00 AM   #141
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
You took the words right out of my mouth. A TTV6 would be easy to tune and get more power than the LT1, but I just love a normally asperated V-8 engine. The throttle response seems to be better than instantaneous. It's like the V-8 reads my mind. Plust the sound of a V-8 starting up, and shaking the asphalt.... music to my ears!

I only have 47k on my 2011 1LT and though I would keep it forever, but I am seriously considering buying the new Camaro with the LT-1. Here is my hope (as of right now):

1. The new Camaro looks at least as good (to me) as the current one on the outside, and significantly better on the inside (not that I dislike the current interior, just that there is room for improvement).
2. I can get it with the LT-1 and the 8-speed auto from the Corvette (I got used to my paddle shifters on my 1LT auto, and love them, plus it's faster).
3. I can get Magnetic Ride Control on my 1SS as an option (which I think will happen).
4. It gets decent mileage.

In my humble yet uninformed opinion (I don't know any of this for sure), I think my wish list will be fulfilled, and I will own a newer Camaro sometime in the near future.
quoted for truth
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:03 AM   #142

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Why does it matter if it is a V8 or TTV6 when they make almost identical power and the V8 weighs less and is cheaper? In the long run a V8 will have less maintenance costs and less parts needing replacement. Less complicated as well. Not arguing, just trying to understand because I can understand why someone would want a smaller displacement engine with FI vs. a NA engine when they make equal power.
I think this v-6 hp vs. v-8 hp is becoming less and less of a factor. The hp differences are not the main reason for preferring one over the other....

Just look at the V-6s themselves....3.6 335hp, 3.0TT 400hp, 3.6TT 450hp...They don't seem too worried about "only" a 50hp difference being too close for each other...

A 450 (possibly 460hp) LT-1 V-8 should have nothing to "fear" from a 50hp less TTV-6....a 60 hp difference isn't that much different than the current and several year running 5thGen difference of the 70 (?) hp difference between the Camaro LFX V-6 and the L99 400hp V-8...

I think it's just sort of a jip that the TTV6 may not be offered in the 6thGen especially if it's because of only a 50-60hp difference....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:50 AM   #143
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Why does it matter if it is a V8 or TTV6 when they make almost identical power and the V8 weighs less and is cheaper? In the long run a V8 will have less maintenance costs and less parts needing replacement. Less complicated as well. Not arguing, just trying to understand because I can understand why someone would want a smaller displacement engine with FI vs. a NA engine when they make equal power.
Well to some people just the thought of TT sounds better/more technical/fancier/ There are people that would choose it because choosing a TT6 sounds more advanced than choosing the V-8.

But say the Camaro maybe wants to grab some buyers from the Euro market, those performance cars all have TT6 or turbo engines. Which is why Cadillac uses TT6 in the ATS-V and CTS V-sport. a TT6 in the camaro could open up the market to those buyers.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:36 AM   #144
RJZJR

Drives: in progress 3rd Gen BBC 4L80e fab 9
There is a new CHALLENGER...

Chevy better get there game on ...dodge introduces Hemi scat pack class leading hp@485 shaker hood option... under 40k. I'm still waiting... dodge is looking like a viable option for me ...if camaro doesn't lose weight and pick up 50 hp...the dodge runs mid 12s with the 392 HEMI and six speed.and will fit my kids in the back and to put icing on the cake they have custom like colors available come on chevy ...should look at other brands and try to capture some of there audience... they got my attention. ..thats.what chevy needs not the same old black & white and blah blah blah stuff you've been offering ... pace car colors? Orange blue green yellow...bright colors not the basic stuff anymore. Get more of the market... guess its all in what you want. Guess dodge has more of what I want at the moment. Fast bright colors fits my kids what would be nice is a chevy bowtie...think.
RJZJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:05 PM   #145
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJZJR View Post
Chevy better get there game on ...dodge introduces Hemi scat pack class leading hp@485 shaker hood option... under 40k. I'm still waiting... dodge is looking like a viable option for me ...if camaro doesn't lose weight and pick up 50 hp...the dodge runs mid 12s with the 392 HEMI and six speed.and will fit my kids in the back and to put icing on the cake they have custom like colors available come on chevy ...should look at other brands and try to capture some of there audience... they got my attention. ..thats.what chevy needs not the same old black & white and blah blah blah stuff you've been offering ... pace car colors? Orange blue green yellow...bright colors not the basic stuff anymore. Get more of the market... guess its all in what you want. Guess dodge has more of what I want at the moment. Fast bright colors fits my kids what would be nice is a chevy bowtie...think.
4160lbs and 485HP for mid 12s, what do you think a 3700-3800lb Camaro with 460+HP is going to do? I agree with the colors and room in the Challenger, but it just goes further to prove it's not a pony car in the least since anymore. More of a Grand Touring car.

I think what Dodge is doing is smart, giving all the people who just want power what they want. But considering how old a car wallowing in the corners and sub par braking would get daily driving...it doesn't equal fun to drive to me. Couple that with only avoiding the gas guzzler tax with the auto and an ugly rear end (though the '15's look much better), the Dodge just doesn't do it for me. It would take a huge screw up on the 6th gen to make consider the Challenger. But that's just my opinion.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:10 PM   #146
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:

Sounds like you want a Dodge. The Camaro will never have the back seat of a Challenger. It was not meant to. Chevy and in part Ford have moved on from just the HP game. Dodge is still wallowing in it. Buy a Dodge and be happy with a straight line bruiser that is the closest thing to a modern 70s muscle car.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:57 PM   #147
RJZJR

There is a new CHALLENGER...

Come on guys ...give me a little credit. Just saying they need to look harder at the rest before they give us a warmed over reprint...I'm saying zl1 motor 3300 lbs real suspension...not worked over gto crap..solid axle works very well did in the vette camaro chevelle nova Impala ... ease of assembly,low cost can put it in multiple cars ...like they did before ... if it worked why change it.. because someone said ferrari did it... or mabye vw-porsche garbage... next will see it in Nascar.. they have been using chevy truck crap since inception. Well not to muddy the waters... just want to see a light car with the best combo. The FIfth gen car is tremendous. .just needs to be lighter. 2700 lbs would he great like the ats race car. start from there ...and work your way up ...why don't you think the vettes weight isn't 3980 lbs would be just marginal car that doesn't rust.... just waiting
Old 03-25-2015, 09:18 PM   #148
newb

GM Reveals Twin Turbocharged LGW 3.0L V6 and 3.6L LGX V6 engines

Quote:
Come on guys ...give me a little credit. Just saying they need to look harder at the rest before they give us a warmed over reprint...I'm saying zl1 motor 3300 lbs real suspension...not worked over gto crap..solid axle works very well did in the vette camaro chevelle nova Impala ... ease of assembly,low cost can put it in multiple cars ...like they did before ... if it worked why change it.. because someone said ferrari did it... or mabye vw-porsche garbage... next will see it in Nascar.. they have been using chevy truck crap since inception. Well not to muddy the waters... just want to see a light car with the best combo. The FIfth gen car is tremendous. .just needs to be lighter. 2700 lbs would he great like the ats race car. start from there ...and work your way up ...why don't you think the vettes weight isn't 3980 lbs would be just marginal car that doesn't rust.... just waiting

I am not sure what you trying to say, but I got out of it:

1. You want a solid axle again
2. You think the $55k Corvette is the measuring stick that should be used for the $25k Camaro

No one uses a solid rear axle in any car that has performance aspirations anymore. The Mustang was the last of the dinosaurs and its gone to IRS now like everyone else. Because IRS provides the best balance of performance and comfort. The weight of the cars is more a product of safety restrictions and people wanting luxury. Every luxury option adds computers and wiring. Every safety requirement adds bracing and computers and wiring. Performance is so much better than the solid axle cars of yesterday that it's ridiculous. The Corvette is still relatively light (it gained weight also) because of the use of Carbon fiber and other "exotic" processes and materials. Face the fact that the Dodge cars are boats and the Mustang is as heavy as the 5th gen now. So if the 6th gen loses any weight, the Camaro will remain performance champ. With less horsepower. Chevy has caught on that Hp isn't everything. It only wins in a straight line. And the after market can sell you all of the drag strip bragging rights you want.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Last edited by newb; 03-25-2015 at 09:19 PM. Reason: fat fingers
Old 03-25-2015, 09:19 PM   #149
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Did you seriously just suggest 2700lbs? My C5Z06 was 3100, and by today's safety requirements, that is a WET DREAM.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:21 PM   #150

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Wow....not sure what you want credit for....??.....Maybe lay off the sauce for a while....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:34 PM   #151
RJZJR

No no no..just a starting point. corvettes leaving the normal car market for exotic territory...at least there's alot of used ones for sale. just hope better things for the camaro...
Old 03-25-2015, 09:35 PM   #152
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Huh?
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2015, 09:44 PM   #153
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
lolwut
Old 03-25-2015, 10:09 PM   #154
newb

Sounds like you want a street COPO car. Makes sense now. But it's a pipe dream. Not gonna happen.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013