Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 09-04-2023, 09:53 AM   #15
RedHot_SS1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I have the Course Motorsport mount and it's a quality piece. Best mount I've owned to date. I have the standard magnetic non-charging head.

The mount serves double duty. For track days, I pop off the magnetic head and ball and replace it with a 25mm ball. This lets me mount my Garmin Catalyst and the mount works very well supporting it.

Here are a few pics:
Attached Images

RedHot_SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 10:01 AM   #16
Canyonero

Drives: F-Series Canyonero
I have this with the cradle mount. Solid, great fit
Canyonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 11:04 AM   #17
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Yup, and here's my $5 "somewhere else" phone net (OP, this will be my last post here, promise I won't hijack the thread any further, sorry).
Hijack away.
Great minds think alike.
Attached Images

2018 2SS 1LE HBM 6M
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 12:37 PM   #18
Shock and Steel

Drives: 2023 Camaro Convertible 2LT
I think THIS is the best mount if you can use MagSafe

Installation was easy, no adhesive, no suction cups, no huge brackets that hang on your upholstered interior components, and best of all... a great viewing angle.

This is the Course Motorsports DirectFit Phone mount. I chose the MagSafe pad, and added the 0.75" machined ball extender so I could get a little extra space between the phone and the head-unit.

I have an iPhone 11 Pro, but added a MagSafe case to it. So far it still charges fine on my plain wireless charger on my alarm clock [I was concerned it wouldn't].

This whole system wasn't cheap, but neither was the car, so I wanted something that looked as stock as possible. Enough jibber-jabber... here are the pics.
Attached Images

Shock and Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 11:40 AM   #19
Thanks6

Drives: 24 2SS 1LE 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot_SS1LE View Post
I have the Course Motorsport mount and it's a quality piece. Best mount I've owned to date. I have the standard magnetic non-charging head.

The mount serves double duty. For track days, I pop off the magnetic head and ball and replace it with a 25mm ball. This lets me mount my Garmin Catalyst and the mount works very well supporting it.

Here are a few pics:
This looks so clean! I got the course motorsports magsafe version of this mount. How did you get the USB C cable to pop out from behind the screen? Is it hard wired?
Thanks6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 10:02 AM   #20
Texcuda

Drives: 2024 Camaro 2SS
It doesn't appear Shock and Steel is using a usb cable in the photos.

I ordered the Course mount with the cradle this morning for my camaro. The cradle charges wirelessly by leaving the cradle directly connected to a usb output in the center console.

I will figure out how to run the usb cable inside the console to hide thr cable and I'll post back with that info.
Texcuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 09:38 PM   #21
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
I've never heard of this mount before, it looks pretty slick! Please update us when you get it installed please.
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 02:53 AM   #22
Roid

Drives: 2017 "Fifty" 2SS Convt 6M
Is it possible to use it on the left side of the screen ? Have anyone tried it ?
Roid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 02:39 PM   #23
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
I have the Course Motorsports mount without the charging set up. I love it and super easy 5 minute install. I am interested in how to get a USB connection from behind the screen. Please do tell, as I have the charging cable coming from my center console storage compartment.
Old 01-23-2024, 03:12 PM   #24
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roid View Post
Is it possible to use it on the left side of the screen ? Have anyone tried it ?
Because of the screen geometry, which dictates the shape of the bracket , it can't be mounted on the left side. If our screens had parallel sides, it could be mounted on the left.
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 11:11 PM   #25
Roid

Drives: 2017 "Fifty" 2SS Convt 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
Because of the screen geometry, which dictates the shape of the bracket , it can't be mounted on the left side. If our screens had parallel sides, it could be mounted on the left.
Sad. I wish I could have mounted it on the left. I would prefer the phone closer.

Now I am curious if I can make such bracket for the left side based on this type of mounting. Maybe with some HomeDepot aluminum ?
Roid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 12:38 PM   #26
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
Hey RedHot (or anyone else that knows how), Please enlighten us as to how you ran a USB connection from behind the headunit. I definately want to do this. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot_SS1LE View Post

Here are a few pics: