Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-02-2019, 04:22 PM   #127
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
i dont get how they paint the center section and moved the bow tie and somehow that makes the entire front end go from what was apparently universally hated to "amazing and awesome"

It looks the same as 2019 to me. It's going to look the same to anyone else considering most people can't even tell the difference between the 5th gen and 6th gen. If you thought 2019 didn't look good, then there wont be much widespread difference with your opinion of the 2020.
That's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it but most people here will tell you that you're wrong.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:23 PM   #128
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
The best news for sure for Camaro and its way overdue.. The ugly 2019 SS front facia and bowtie GONE..., A LT1 powered 1LT base car and the 10 speed auto trans with everything including the sweet 3.6 V6. Gotta love it, I sure do and there will be a 2020 Camaro in my garage soon. This is what Camaro should have done with the 2019 refresh.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:24 PM   #129
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
A fast comparison:
2019 Challenger R/T (the little 5,7l V8): $35,790
2020 Camaro 1LT $34,995
2019 Mustang GT $36,450
2019 Camaro 1SS: $37,995
2019 Challenger R/T Scat Pack (6,4l HEMI V8): $41,490

I fixed that for you. Your prices didn't include destination for the Challenger and Mustang.
WOW! That makes it a much more substantial difference over the direct competitors. Way to go, Chevrolet!
Old 05-02-2019, 04:25 PM   #130
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR 45TH View Post
This shouldnt really come as a surprise to anyone.
I agree ,
But Go back and re-read some threads. I was one suggested a low cost v8 and was told with absolute authority by people here that GM could not do that it was impossible for a variety of reasons and also wouldn’t sell anyway and Chevrolet would not be stupid enough to do such a thing. Also go back and read where people said general motors would not change for 2020 that we were all wasting our time hoping for that. No no there is plenty of people who if they’re being honest, are very very surprised by these changes. People with open minds and forward thinking no they’re not surprised by this at all.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:29 PM   #131
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
i dont get how they paint the center section and moved the bow tie and somehow that makes the entire front end go from what was apparently universally hated to "amazing and awesome"

It looks the same as 2019 to me. It's going to look the same to anyone else considering most people can't even tell the difference between the 5th gen and 6th gen. If you thought 2019 didn't look good, then there wont be much widespread difference with your opinion of the 2020.

You really are kidding....right. This great news regarding the new SS front facia and bowtie placement, A 1LT base car with a LT1 and Camaro is adding the 10 speed to the V6 and the LT1 1LT car. Also the base 1LT LT1 car for under 35K, gotta love it all....Big, Big, Big news
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:38 PM   #132
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
I've not been a fan of the 6th gen, and the '19 restyle put the last nail in the coffin. However, this LT1 has me re-thinking my position. I was set to go Challenger next time around but a low spec V8 without the frying pan headlights has my attention. Finally some common sense out of GM.
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:45 PM   #133
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
SS Styling Changes Lead 2020 Camaro Updates
Concept-inspired SS appearance, new LT1 V-8 model and 10-speed option with the 3.6L V-6
General Motors

May 2, 2019

DETROIT — A new front-end appearance for the SS and a new LT1 V-8 performance model add style and choice to the 2020 Camaro lineup, while a newly available 10-speed automatic transmission enhances models equipped with the available 3.6L V-6 engine.

The new Camaro SS front-end appearance is based on the distinctive design of the Camaro Shock show vehicle that debuted last fall at the SEMA Show. The SS now features a repositioned bowtie emblem in the upper grille and a body-color bar between the upper and lower grilles.

“Customers spoke, and we listened,” said Steve Majoros, director of Chevrolet passenger car and crossover marketing. “The overwhelmingly positive reaction to the Shock’s stylized design helped prompt its transition from concept to production.”

The new LT1 model combines the content and design of the Camaro LT (1LT trim) and SS. It is powered by the 455-horsepower (339 kW) LT1 engine, making it the most affordable choice for V-8 performance in the Camaro lineup with a starting MSRP of $34,9951 (including destination).

The Camaro LT1 is offered in coupe and convertible models, with a standard six-speed manual transmission or an available 10-speed automatic. Additional details include:
  • LT exterior styling combined with the SS’s vented hood.
  • LT1 fender badges and black bowtie emblems.
  • 20-inch x 8.5-inch SS style wheels at all four corners and all-season tires (versus the SS’s staggered wheels and summer performance tires).
  • Available Technology Package, including the Chevrolet infotainment system2 with 8-inch-diagonal color touchscreen and Bose premium audio system.
“The new Camaro LT1 is a great choice for those seeking a pure V-8 performance experience,” said Majoros. “And at less than $35,000, it will be one of the most affordable V-8 performers on the market.”

New 10-speed automatic and more

A newly available 10-speed automatic transmission is now matched with the 3.6L V-6 engine in Camaro LT models. It is based on the 10-speed design offered with the Camaro SS and ZL1 but tailored for the performance parameters of the V-6.

Additional 2020 updates include a new exterior color and an expanded range of available features across the lineup, giving customers more ways to personalize their new Camaro:
  • Rally Green exterior color.
  • Rear spoiler available on LS and LT (previously RS package only).
  • Dark-tinted taillamps available on LS and LT.
  • 20-inch forged aluminum wheels available on LT, LT1 and SS.
  • Red or orange brake calipers available on LT, LT1 and SS models.
  • Red seat belts available on all models (previously ZL1 only).
  • Red kneepads available on all models.
  • RECARO performance seats available on LT (previously 1LE only).
  • Sueded microfiber-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob trim available on LT and SS (previously ZL1 and 1LE only).
  • Alloy pedals available on all models (previously ZL1 only).
  • Black bowtie badges and Camaro fender badge available on LT.
  • Adrenaline Red and Ceramic White leather interiors now available on 2LT (previously 3LT and 2SS only).
  • 3LT now comes standard with the 2.0L Turbo engine and the Convenience and Lighting package (previously optional).
On sale early fall

The 2020 Camaro lineup goes on sale early this fall, with production at General Motors’ Lansing Grand River Assembly facility in Michigan.

The V6 grill looks like a Blue Whales mouth.

https://thecanaryexpress.com/2017/02...ngered-animal/
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:46 PM   #134
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
You really are kidding....right. This great news regarding the new SS front facia and bowtie placement, A 1LT base car with a LT1 and Camaro is adding the 10 speed to the V6 and the LT1 1LT car. Also the base 1LT LT1 car for under 35K, gotta love it all....Big, Big, Big news
I think you're overestimating how much those visual changes are noticeable.

When the general public can't tell the difference from a 5th gen to a 6th and the changes are much more significant than moving the bowtie a few inches and changing the color of the center beam to be body colored .... these wont make a difference in your opinion if you thought the 2019 looked ugly.

the 10 speed vs the 8 speed isn't going to make a difference unless the 10 speed can do something that the 8speed can't. Can we finally use the paddle shifters without insane delay? if not then the general public isn't going to care between 2019 and earlier and 2020.

Homelink? who cares. Wireless charging? you plug it in for android auto anyway. Nobody has enabled wireless android auto yet. and the placement and size of the wireless charging solution they did come up with initially is inconvenient for passenger devices and unusable for most current gen phones.

I think it's also kinda funny that they put non-runflat all seasons on the lower trims when most people switch to those types of tires first chance they get because it's a daily driver. Runflat summer high performance tires are a great way to see you crashed off the side of a highway while on the way to work.

I'd have liked to see a performance electric hybrid option, drop the V6 as it's price point overlaps too much between the lower V8

I'd have preferred to see a totally different front fascia with less aggressiveness. The camaro doesn't need to look aggressive when it is aggressive ...in pretty much any format it comes in. It bends the perception to being a car driven by immature men more than it needs to be.

And i'd have liked to see all the stupid pretend analog gauges in the dash replaced by a lcd screen that just spans the entire gauge area. With customizable themes you can set and which would adjust based on night/day and ambient lighting pkg automatically.

Either that or a switch from the crap interior plastic to something that doesn't vibrate everywhere whenever you listen to music.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:47 PM   #135
Lithias

Drives: 2019 2SS Riverside Blue Metallic
As a 19 2SS owner I feel a little mix of emotions. While I love the styling of my car, I feel that with this new redesign, my car will be looked down upon as an ugly step child even though it now becomes unique. Will it affect my resale value when I trade up later?

I could perhaps do a bumper conversion, but that's a hasle, and I can't even find any videos of someone taking apart the 19 front bumper so I could at least see what I'd be up against.

So in the end, I love my car but I'm super disappointed in Chevy for not sticking to there guns and caving to people, who let's be honest, probably wouldn't have bought an SS to begin with.

Guess I'll enjoy my whole 2 extra cubic inches of air flow from the flow tie. I'll just wait for the C8 hype to die down and order one of those in a couple years.....
3000......9/19/18 TPW: 11/26/18
3300......11/9/18 TPW: 11/26/18
3400......11/12/18 TPW: 11/26/18
4300......11/22/18 BUILT! VIN: 1G1FH1R72K0123562
4B00......11/27/18 Waiting for Dispatch! Tentative delivery date of 12/11!
4300......11/28/18 Waiting for the train to Florida!
4200......12/5/18 SHIPPED!
4800......12/14/18
5000/6000......12/18/18 SHE'S HOME BOYS!
Follow me on Instagram! @the_3ngin33r
Lithias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 05:02 PM   #136
Frankie18SS

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS, 07 Saturn Ion
Quote:
We dont take kindly to sports cars 'round here. Or calendars that go past 1979.
Sorry, my bad!
Old 05-02-2019, 05:13 PM   #137
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:

When the general public can't tell the difference from a 5th gen to a 6th and the changes are much more significant than moving the bowtie a few inches and changing the color of the center beam to be body colored .... these wont make a difference in your opinion if you thought the 2019 looked ugly.

the 10 speed vs the 8 speed isn't going to make a difference unless the 10 speed can do something that the 8speed can't. Can we finally use the paddle shifters without insane delay? if not then the general public isn't going to care between 2019 and earlier and 2020.

Homelink? who cares. Wireless charging? you plug it in for android auto anyway. Nobody has enabled wireless android auto yet. and the placement and size of the wireless charging solution they did come up with initially is inconvenient for passenger devices and unusable for most current gen phones.

I think it's also kinda funny that they put non-runflat all seasons on the lower trims when most people switch to those types of tires first chance they get because it's a daily driver. Runflat summer high performance tires are a great way to see you crashed off the side of a highway while on the way to work.

I'd have liked to see a performance electric hybrid option, drop the V6 as it's price point overlaps too much between the lower V8

I'd have preferred to see a totally different front fascia with less aggressiveness. The camaro doesn't need to look aggressive when it is aggressive ...in pretty much any format it comes in. It bends the perception to being a car driven by immature men more than it needs to be.

And i'd have liked to see all the stupid pretend analog gauges in the dash replaced by a lcd screen that just spans the entire gauge area. With customizable themes you can set and which would adjust based on night/day and ambient lighting pkg automatically.

Either that or a switch from the crap interior plastic to something that doesn't vibrate everywhere whenever you listen to music.
Not sure why you own a Camaro? You seem to not like them very much. Maybe if you wanted a "less aggresive front fascia" you should go on over to a Ford dealership and check out a Mustang. They may be more of what you require in YOUR car.
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 05:22 PM   #138
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:

"The general public" doesn't care about any of the above, one way or another. Making a big section of the front match color with the rest of it as opposed to having a contrasting gloss black section instead s probably by far the most noticeable difference between one Camaro version and another since the 5th gen was refreshed, and the general public still doesn't care. They almost certainly aren't using the paddle shifters at all, and either way wouldn't see what delay there is as "insane" or anything other than normal.

You seem to be projecting priorities of enthusiasts (who do notice, and do care) onto the general public which does not.

The general public does on occasion read car reviews, from which they get opinions about these cars which sometimes defy objective reality ("you can't see out of it!", as opposed to, visibility is relatively restricted but you can still see everything you need to to operate it safely), so if the general opinion of the refreshed 6th gen changes from the common idea that it's ugly we may see more sales - this remains to be seen. So there can be some value in this change, other than a return to a more traditional Chevrolet (and since the 5th gen, Chevrolet Camaro) front end.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 05:23 PM   #139
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FH212 View Post
Not sure why you own a Camaro? You seem to not like them very much. Maybe if you wanted a "less aggresive front fascia" you should go on over to a Ford dealership and check out a Mustang. They may be more of what you require in YOUR car.
Or it could just mean that i think chevy is making a mistake if they want their sales numbers to go in a direction other than continuing on the slowly falling one they are currently on and that the public is making it clear that they aren't keen on the styling either.

The camaro has bounced back and forth between overly aggressive styling and less so over its history, no reason why going to a less extreme force it out of what it means to be a camaro. Nor does it explain why further marginalizing the car makes it more so.

And i've only purchased camaros and plan to only do so until they make personal driving illegal. I never said I wasn't happy with how the car looks in the 6th gen (especially not the 16), nor did i say i'd buy a current model year regardless of how it looked (i'm driving mine into the ground before purchasing a new car) but usually the goal of a refresh is to get more market share and I dont think you do that by doing more of what has been causing it to lose market share.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 05:23 PM   #140
Romans9

Drives: C7 Z06
We don't have an official Rally Green photo yet do we?
Romans9 is offline   Reply With Quote