Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 01-27-2024, 10:35 PM   #1
snicko

Drives: 2021 SS 1LE
Rollbar +Seat install notes

Thought I'd write this up and share it here to help anyone else doing a rollbar + seat install.

I didn't blaze any new paths - I went down the path that others have blazed before me -

BK seat adapters
Recaro sliders
BK Recaro seat mounts
Sparco QRT-T seat
G-Force 2" 6 point belts

Seat Install

Overall the install was pretty straight forward. Everything went in pretty much hassle free. Like others, the holes on the seat brackets needed enlargening. Nothing a couple of min with the dremel couldn't solve.

Couple of things that weren't obvious to me -

The BK adapter comes with 2 big washers with the sides ground flat. The instructions make no mention of them. According to Christian1LE they go under the BK adapter where the bolts go in to space the bracket up.

One of the side mounts for the seats, the 4 holes go up front, single hole in the rear. I originally had them backwards and it made lining the holes a bit difficult. In my defense, with the brackets on backwards, three holes lined up with the brackets and the sliders so I went with thought of 3 bolts are better than 2..

There is a hump in the floor in front of the seat. The handle for the slider hits it. Bent the slider adjustment bar in a vice to make things fit.

Getting the the factory bolt in the outboard BK adapter was a pain with the seatbelt / lapbelt adapter bolted in. Easier to install that bolt then put the bracket on afterwards with ratchet wrench.

For the airbag light, I'm going down the path others have done and have a seat harness on the way and will stick a resistor in the airbag plug to keep the SRS light out.

Rollbar install

The instructions in the rollbar kit are good. The only thing I'd add on is decide if you want to pull the rear seatbelts out. This guy's video (
) has a good walk through on pulling the rear belts. I went with some thick fender washers.

Like others, the drill bit supplied was kinda sucky - but it was good for getting a point started. I switched to a new DeWalt bit and got through the first layer of metal then found that switching to the supplied drill bit to punch the rest of the way through.

The positive battery cable touched the passenger side main hoop pad and needed to be zip tied to pull it to the right a bit.
Attached Images

snicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 07:25 AM   #2
Christian1LE

Drives: 2004 BMW 330CI, 2022 1SS 1LE
If you want to cancel the airbag light you're going to need to take the electrical wiring harness off of your seat(pain in the ass) or you need to order a replacement one and use that to cancel out the airbag(along with the resistor).

I just left the airbag light on, I honestly never even notice it but my car basically only drives on track.
Christian1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 09:08 AM   #3
snicko

Drives: 2021 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian1LE View Post
If you want to cancel the airbag light you're going to need to take the electrical wiring harness off of your seat(pain in the ass) or you need to order a replacement one and use that to cancel out the airbag(along with the resistor).

I just left the airbag light on, I honestly never even notice it but my car basically only drives on track.
I've got a harness on order that should arrive this week along with a resistor kit from somewhere else. The plug on the car s easilly accessible through the sub strap hole in the seat so should be pretty straight froward.
snicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 08:14 PM   #4
Sephx1

Drives: 18 ZLE, 18 SS1LE, 16 SS, 23 ZL1
Good info, I will be ordering the same parts. Question on the front stock seat belts, I would like to take them out and use only the harness belts. What do I need to do so the seat belt chime and light stay off?
Sephx1 is offline   Reply With Quote