Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-27-2021, 10:06 PM   #1
PeteSS2018

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro
Whipple, seriously ....

So my 2SS has now been off the road for 6 weeks.

As it turned out, the "whipple noise" that everyone seems to think is ok was in fact the coupler failing. Sounds like a minor issue right? Wrong. Apparently the W175RF gen 4 SC has quite a unique coupler.

Cannot get one anywhere in Australia, Whipple haven't been able to send one out here for some unknown reason (air freight here is normally 2 -3 days) ... And now I dont know where to get an aftermarket one in the US as I cannot even get a part number from Whipple or a diagram/drawing showing specs to see what else might fit.

Honestly, to all those folks outside the US, install a Whipple at your peril because the lesson I've learned is that if something goes wrong, you will get FA support to get things going again.

Oh and if anyone over there knows who can supply an after market part, let me know so I can order one!!

Whipple .... might be fast in my car, but getting spare parts is a joke.
Eibach Prokit springs
Mamo LT1 Ported TB
PeteSS2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 06:04 AM   #2
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Why didn't you go harpo 2650 just curious. I wonder if you can contact a Porter like Kong or jokerZ that has a trashed unit with a good coupler. I see them post units all the time that rotors are damaged but the part you need maybe okay.. maybe they can rob one off it?

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote