Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-27-2021, 01:55 PM   #1
Taterj

Drives: 2017 2SS
Rod Bearing

I have a 17 2SS M6 car. It has 15K miles on it. It started a very light tick. 2 days later it was louder. They thought valve train at first. Replaced 1 rocker 2 push rods and all lifters. No change. Today they found a bad rod bearing on cylinder 1. They said/ and I saw that the crank journal had no scoring and they are going to replace the bearing rod and piston. Is this common with these cars? Should I be worried about future failures?
Taterj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 04:36 PM   #2
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Not common as far as I have seen.

How was/is the oil pressure reading? There were problems with early cars oil pumps failing. I think there is a TSB for this.

Here is a link describing the problem:

https://gm-techlink.com/?p=12041
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 09:11 AM   #3
Taterj

Drives: 2017 2SS
Thank you. I looked at the journal yesterday and they said it did not appear to be an oiling issue because there was no signs of overheating on the journal or even the bearing. The red bearing surface was worn off and it had just started to wear the metal surface. I heard it as soon as it started and only drove it about 40 miles to get it home before going to the dealer.

I am just hoping the bearing was a fluke bad part and I will not have more issues.
Taterj is offline   Reply With Quote