Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2020 Camaro Fest (X)

AWE Tuning

Old 03-14-2020, 10:25 PM   #15
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Right!! CoronaFest....I mean CamaroFest die hards will be there!!
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:20 AM   #16
trz174

Drives: Used to Drive Blue Camaros
To answer the question in the title, Yes, we should cancel the Corona virus. Someone needs to get on that right away and make sure everyone gets a 100% refund for all the over-purchased TP and sanitizer.

On the serious side, it too early to make the call on CFest X. Nobody knows for sure what will happen next week let alone in several months. The best thing for regular folks with low risk to do is follow the standard health instructions and try to limit contact. It’s especially important to limit contact with those in the high risk groups like older family members and those with existing health problems.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in July on the road course, at the strip, and (of course) in the parking lots.
trz174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 10:57 AM   #17
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by trz174 View Post
To answer the question in the title, Yes, we should cancel the Corona virus. Someone needs to get on that right away and make sure everyone gets a 100% refund for all the over-purchased TP and sanitizer.

On the serious side, it too early to make the call on CFest X. Nobody knows for sure what will happen next week let alone in several months. The best thing for regular folks with low risk to do is follow the standard health instructions and try to limit contact. It’s especially important to limit contact with those in the high risk groups like older family members and those with existing health problems.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in July on the road course, at the strip, and (of course) in the parking lots.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:08 PM   #18
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by trz174 View Post

Yep!

Sadly for many people that's impossible (social distancing that is).. IE workers who have to be on site and interact with people to get paid (retail, servers, etc).

Luckily a lot of places have stepped up their sanitation standards to help out.

For those fortunate enough to be office bums and able to WFH though we can greatly limit our exposure and the risk of transmitting it to others.

I've had a cold for a bit now (not COVID19 I'm sure) but I still limit contact with my elderly parents when I'm sick anyways - even before COVID19 was a thing.

Sharing is caring when it comes to a cooler full of beer, not so much with a sore throat/etc
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 03:37 PM   #19
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Yep!

Sadly for many people that's impossible (social distancing that is).. IE workers who have to be on site and interact with people to get paid (retail, servers, etc).

Luckily a lot of places have stepped up their sanitation standards to help out.

For those fortunate enough to be office bums and able to WFH though we can greatly limit our exposure and the risk of transmitting it to others.

I've had a cold for a bit now (not COVID19 I'm sure) but I still limit contact with my elderly parents when I'm sick anyways - even before COVID19 was a thing.

Sharing is caring when it comes to a cooler full of beer, not so much with a sore throat/etc
Old 03-16-2020, 07:40 AM   #20
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
If it disinfects bring it.....
Yeah, With all the alcohol we consume at Fest, no chance of a bug surviving to infect us
Old 03-16-2020, 09:54 AM   #21
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Right on
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 02:45 PM   #22
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Trump just said restrictions may be in place until July or August.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 05:03 PM   #23
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Once tests are widely available we'll know better. Hopefully a week or so, but this has been the single largest issue, tests are not available despite months of time to have them ready.

Until then we don't know the extent of the problem, but judging from other countries we should do whatever can to avoid the spread of the virus. We need to avoid making healthcare practitioners decide who gets ventilators and who is left to die.

New federal guidelines are no restaurants/bars, no gatherings over 10 people.

I hope we can look forward to some racing, I was going to be racing either my car or my mt bike almost every weekend this summer, and now I'll be riding in the woods with a few friends and trying not to drive too fast on mountain roads I guess...
Old 03-16-2020, 06:59 PM   #24
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Once tests are widely available we'll know better. Hopefully a week or so, but this has been the single largest issue, tests are not available despite months of time to have them ready.

Until then we don't know the extent of the problem, but judging from other countries we should do whatever can to avoid the spread of the virus. We need to avoid making healthcare practitioners decide who gets ventilators and who is left to die.

New federal guidelines are no restaurants/bars, no gatherings over 10 people.

I hope we can look forward to some racing, I was going to be racing either my car or my mt bike almost every weekend this summer, and now I'll be riding in the woods with a few friends and trying not to drive too fast on mountain roads I guess...
Yes I got an email from my doctor saying that there are no tests available in Frankfort KY and they hope, maybe, next week they will have tests.
Old 03-17-2020, 03:00 PM   #25
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
Trump just said restrictions may be in place until July or August.
What's he gonna do declare martial law to stop people from going about their summer. *SMH*

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 10:09 PM   #26
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
What's he gonna do declare martial law to stop people from going about their summer. *SMH*
He definitely could. "Shelter in place" is already happening in San Francisco, San Jose, Miami, and soon to be coming to NYC. Residents have to stay home. My sister in law lives in San Jose.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:51 PM   #27
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2020, 11:55 PM   #28
KirkH

Based on the schedule this virus has progressed in China and other places, I don't think it will be over, here, by mid-July. It started in China in December. They are still under restriction. That's at least 4 months. It is hitting here now. We probably have the same timeline of at least 4-5 months of restricted gatherings.