Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-05-2021, 08:05 AM   #15
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
There's no inventory out there right now. Why put incentives on a vehicle when the supply is so low? It sucks but lack of supply is the reason for this.

Rebates went down on just about everything this month. First time in 21 years that I've seen that happen.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 08:31 AM   #16
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Dealers can pretty much name their price on any new Camaros remaining on the lots. There might be less than 500 in the entire COUNTRY. No new Camaros will be showing up until at least July.

There’s no reason for GM to offer a penny in incentives. Sucks, but that’s capitalism.

If you know how to produce the illustrious missing microchip you might get one sooner.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 08:48 AM   #17
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Dealers can pretty much name their price on any new Camaros remaining on the lots. There might be less than 500 in the entire COUNTRY. No new Camaros will be showing up until at least July.

There’s no reason for GM to offer a penny in incentives. Sucks, but that’s capitalism.

If you know how to produce the illustrious missing microchip you might get one sooner.
How many camsros do you think will roll off the line this week before the month plant shutdown coming up to change over?
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:24 AM   #18
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
How many camsros do you think will roll off the line this week before the month plant shutdown coming up to change over?
Who knows? There's no difference in the 2021s or 2022s other than VIN codes and body colors. There's not much needed to "change over" the model year. I doubt they need a month for that. They're not retooling anything.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:44 AM   #19

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Who knows? There's no difference in the 2021s or 2022s other than VIN codes and body colors. There's not much needed to "change over" the model year. I doubt they need a month for that. They're not retooling anything.
That's probably true for what you can see. But likely several new updated computer chips would be needed for 2022....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 01:30 PM   #20
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
The have $6000 off certain trim Silverado's. And they're probably still raking in profit. Truck guys should bargaineer a wee bit harder.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 03:58 PM   #21
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Yeah I wouldn’t like to be in the OP’s situation, but given what other are getting for used Camaro’s, you could look at your purchase having less depreciation than normal, probably for some time.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:28 PM   #22
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosedep3 View Post
When factory ordering a Mopar vehicle you can lock the incentives in at the time of ordering and when the car arrives you can use whichever incentive is better.
Yes, I was shocked when I had first learned that. I was always under the impression that you were always at the mercy of timing, as far as when your vehicle is delivered and the incentives/rebates at that time. I remember last year when my boss ordered his new 2500 Denali, and discussed the uncertainty of the incentives..that is a bit unnerving for me.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:24 AM   #23
Jon1972s

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS
Picked up a 2SS Shock and steel, black with A10 etc. under 47000 at 2.69% off the lot in VT this past Saturday. From what everyone is saying i got lucky.
Jon1972s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 11:36 AM   #24
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Did 6700 off a 1SS 1LE with sticker of 47285.

Did it thru email , like 2 out of 10-12 dealers bothered to respond to my detailed inquiry. Went with local store who beat everyone else from the get go. Started a little under supplier for pricing. Beat them up a little on holdback.

Had my GM card I beat the hell out of for a year and another 937$. Jan-Mar. they usually run $1k on top of card earnings.

They also had $1k on Camaro

I also got another $1k loyalty discount the dealer had that was not advertised.

So I ended up at 40661 for the car before taxes.

I'm not complaining, that was Feb. of this year.

I know what I want and I'm cheap, once I got the numbers worked out it happened. I also ordered the car exactly how I wanted. I did luck out on that however as it got built 2/10 and delivered on 2/25 which was amazing.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 11:53 AM   #25
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
Did 6700 off a 1SS 1LE with sticker of 47285.

Did it thru email , like 2 out of 10-12 dealers bothered to respond to my detailed inquiry. Went with local store who beat everyone else from the get go. Started a little under supplier for pricing. Beat them up a little on holdback.

Had my GM card I beat the hell out of for a year and another 937$. Jan-Mar. they usually run $1k on top of card earnings.

They also had $1k on Camaro

I also got another $1k loyalty discount the dealer had that was not advertised.

So I ended up at 40661 for the car before taxes.

I'm not complaining, that was Feb. of this year.

I know what I want and I'm cheap, once I got the numbers worked out it happened. I also ordered the car exactly how I wanted. I did luck out on that however as it got built 2/10 and delivered on 2/25 which was amazing.

Especially on ordering. A lot of dealers hate dealing with orders. Shocked at how quick it was delivered! Hopefully these Camaros that were waiting for semi conductors are otherwise ready to go and were shipped out to dealers this week and hopefully it helps inventory a bit over the next few weeks for those of you shopping for new or used.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote