Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 04-23-2021, 10:00 AM   #1
MP40cal

Drives: 2021 Chevrolet Camaro LT1
2021 LT1 non-bose and no factory amp

I need some help. It seems there are so many varieties of stereo combos in these cars. I have the 7" screen, no amp and cannot figure out where to tap into the speaker wires for high level input to an amp.

I really don't want to cut new factory wires and the only plug and play harnesses require the vehicle to at least have a factory amp.

Last edited by MP40cal; 04-23-2021 at 10:50 AM.
MP40cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 12:04 PM   #2
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
You need a breakout harness that plugs into the Radio Module behind the dash to the right of the glovebox. I used the one I linked (I actually asked them to make it in the first place!) and it's perfect - not even hard to install. It will break out the front channel speaker signals (+/-, L and R), which are the correct full-range signals to use. The rear signals are not full range. I made a thread that sort of shows the installation of this harness.
Old 04-23-2021, 01:28 PM   #3
ImmDanny

Drives: 2021 1SS, 1969 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
You need a breakout harness that plugs into the Radio Module behind the dash to the right of the glovebox. I used the one I linked (I actually asked them to make it in the first place!) and it's perfect - not even hard to install. It will break out the front channel speaker signals (+/-, L and R), which are the correct full-range signals to use. The rear signals are not full range. I made a thread that sort of shows the installation of this harness.
I was going to link this one as well, however at least on Gen5DIY's site they specify its for the 8" unit only. I know the display and radio unit are two separate modules on these cars but I'm wondering if this harness will work?
Old 04-23-2021, 02:32 PM   #4
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmDanny View Post
I was going to link this one as well, however at least on Gen5DIY's site they specify its for the 8" unit only. I know the display and radio unit are two separate modules on these cars but I'm wondering if this harness will work?
Oh! That's a good catch. Yeah, I don't have the full service manual for a 20 or 21 Camaro to check if they are really different or not. I would suggest that the OP call Gen5DIY and ask them what the differences are. Really, if the new LT1s are coming without an amp in the trunk at all and a different set of connectors for the smaller display, then Gen5DIY might be interested in making the correct breakout harness for them. I would think there will be far more LT1s sold than SS 1LEs in any given year, so their customer base would be significantly greater for the LT1 crowd.