Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-19-2021, 11:11 AM   #1
Plasar

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Vert M6
Lightbulb Helix DSP iOS app to adjust settings

• Has anyone installed the Helix WiFi module and used the iOS or Google app to adjust settings?
  • If this iOS app can replace the Windows app to adjust settings, this is exactly what I am looking for - I don't have easy access to a Windows laptop.
  • I am checking with my car stereo folks at Car Audio Express in San Jose who did my install.
  • This WiFi module has been around a while, but not the iOS/Google apps. The WiFi would let a Windows laptop connect without the USB cable.
  • I have a sinking feeling that the iOS/Google apps are a small subset of features of the Windows tuning software - that would SUCK!
  • I saw a posting on the internet that the Helix Windows software ran successfully on emulation software on a MacBook - I guess that is some consolation.
  • Thanks.

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/b...s/wifi-control

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/wifi-c...p/id1461720054
Plasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 11:06 AM   #2
Plasar

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Vert M6
Nevermind - my contact Bashir said the iOS app is NOT the full Windows tuning app. This is lame.

Just to clarify; The WiFi module is essentially a 'Director' replacement. It is not intended to do any tuning at all. Zero. It's more so to recall presets, sub volume etc. Basically look up what the Helix Director does and this allows for the same functions just from an iPad.
Plasar is offline   Reply With Quote