Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 04-09-2021, 05:15 PM   #295
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
A fresh program corrected the issue...love those fixes. I was sweating a bit with the requirement to drop the exhaust, driveshaft, and the fuel tank...

2330 tonight, did a 20 mins log idle to 5000 rpm part throttle sweeps. Not easy to do without being a menace to others. Ran well, now we wait for another refined program. Takes a few part throttles logs before WOT.
Old 04-10-2021, 02:48 AM   #296
Tim M

A shot of my 'temporary' guage install. For a year, I had the guages sitting on the floor of the passenger - pretty ugly. Finally, I decided to drill the knee 'pad'. Easily and cheaply to replace when tuning is complete.

I found the boost guage reassuring during the logs and overall boost.

Not permanent, for sure!

Last edited by Tim M; 04-10-2021 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Spelling!
Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 09:22 AM   #297
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
A shot of my 'temporary' guage install. For a year, I had the guages sitting on the floor of the passenger - pretty ugly. Finally, I decided to drill the knee 'pad'. Easily and cheaply to replace when tuning it complete.

I found the boost guage reassuring during the logs and overall boost.

Not permanent, for sure!
Good idea!
I swapped out for the suede knee pads so the plastics are pretty much junk.
Old 04-11-2021, 06:20 AM   #298
Tim M

The plastic are quite 'cheap'...the suede are a nice upgrade - easier on the knees too!

Tuner cleared me for a 2000-6500 WOT sweep. 0700 Sunday morning the roads are vacant - very easy to accommodate.

Boost showed 9.8 psi (2 less then before), no knock, and possibly a bit rich. It pulled well with a bit more to go. Hopefully he can add a bit more timing to the mix and exceed the previous 655 CHP rating.

Old 04-16-2021, 03:47 PM   #299
Tim M

I did a quick demod of the guages and wiring and got the car inspected by the Germans. No issues and no wiser!

Then reinstalled the 'tuning' package and let Jannetty finish off the tunes...the 5th upload was the charm.

3rd gear runs were the norm...will give it a go in 4th and 5th after I check all the nuts and bolts from the transmission pull. Seems to run like before - quite happy at the overall status.

Put a few more miles on it and then look to take a day off to head to the Nurburgring...been open since March!

Old 05-07-2021, 03:20 PM   #300
Tim M

Got in first laps at the ring last weekend...very rusty since my last visit in August! I noted the alignment in the rear had slipped, but wouldn't impact my mediocre performance. The exhaust note is just evil with that 11.5 CR engine and 10 pounds of boost!

:-)

Unfortunately, it let a bit of oil out the breather on the valve cover...not a good sign.

Today, I broke out my replacement Dremel for some slotting of the front struts to gain additional negative camber to -3. Then off to the alignment shop...-3 up front and -2 in the back. Give that a whirl...

I did clean up this cut...:

And a bit of wheel clearance required:

Car is filthy from all week in rain/sleet...I still prefer the rear aspect best:

How often do you see clean Supras...with Slovakia plates?:

Next event is 12 May...back to the dyno to see how much power I've lost with the drop in boost...and the hurt piston...
Old 05-09-2021, 02:36 PM   #301
Tim M

A quick 175 mph run had the check engine light flash...P0300 random misfire.

With the dyno in 2 days - installed a set of fresh NGK LTR6IX-11 Iridium plugs - same as before. The condition does not look out of the ordinary though:

Old 05-10-2021, 10:39 AM   #302
joeyazzata29
j1ss

Drives: '21 2SS 1LE
Tim this is an awesome thread on your 1le's journey to Germany. I just sold my 2020 SS for a 2021 1LE, I ran the cold air inductions intake at a track day and got flashing check engine, p0300, service stabilitrac misfires etc... id disconnect the battery and everyone would be fine. I put the stock intake back on and ran a track day at palm beach Friday with no issues... what were the symptoms your car had when you had issues with the gm performance intake??
joeyazzata29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 02:23 PM   #303
Tim M

joeyazzata29: My symptoms were the same as yours. Engine misfire and loss of power under track conditions...also was dyno proven. I have a thread specifically on the topic...cause - incorrect tune. Good luck! Or just run the OEM box!
Old 05-19-2021, 03:00 PM   #304
Tim M

Well, I begrudgingly joined the catch can gang. Mighty Mouse standard variety - very quick shipping for Germany!

Little finesse to install, but so far so good. Haven't tried any accels as of yet...

Old 05-27-2021, 02:05 PM   #305
Tim M

7th visit to the heart breaker...resulted in a loss of 25 CHP with the drop in boost of ~1.5 psi. All on pump gas and no octane booster - happy with the result. Some offset the loss was the larger throttle body and ported supercharger - however much that helped. Still not convinced the motor is healthy...

In and out in 30 mins...very efficient.

Hurricane wind blast for great cooling:

Old 05-29-2021, 02:10 AM   #306
gts_215i

Drives: Commodore
it is difficult to see anything useful from the photo of the spark plugs.

Compression & Leakdown test ?
gts_215i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 09:14 AM   #307
Tim M

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts_215i View Post
it is difficult to see anything useful from the photo of the spark plugs.

Compression & Leakdown test ?
Don't disagree - but at least it isn't an obvious cylinder failure. No other tests as of yet.

Thanks.
Old 06-20-2021, 09:36 AM   #308
Tim M

Took advantage of an unplanned 3-day weekend...70 degree temps and a clean track from overnight rain meant a fun, quick visit to the Ring...

Easy lap to confirm the car still makes some steam - boy does it make you feel like Bill Elliot - very forgiving and the acceleration is like a motorcycle - love it!

Crazy car - dinner out with the family the night before and 6-hours round trip to knock out 3 laps - refreshing, exhilarating and satisfying. Exhaust note is intoxicating... :-)