Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-03-2021, 10:44 AM   #1
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Need help - no eLSD and service axle

Greetings all.

Trying to help two friends who are running One Lap of America this week. During this morning's session, he got the 'service axle' message and had no eLSD.

After session was over, and car was shut off and restarted, the message went away and he was able to verify the LSD was working (two nice long tire marks)

They aren't running ANY TPMS sensors and the fluid was serviced last week before the event started.

They have HPTuners with them, but there are no engine codes.

I suggested if it happens again to pull battery cables for reset.

Any other low hanging fruit I could suggest?

Thanks in advance.

BTW - they are 1lapgreen on IG if you are interested.

Matt

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 09:31 AM   #2
joeyazzata29
j1ss

Drives: '21 2SS 1LE
I was running Homestead last weekend, and I got service rear axle on both runs, right after I hit the rumble strips in turn 1, I also wasn't running ANY TPMS and I got code P0300 when I scanned this.

I reset the battery and the issues go away, until I go on track again, but I can do highway pulls just fine, really confused

mine also had the rear Dif fluid changed the week before
joeyazzata29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 12:24 PM   #3
MatthewAMEL

It turned out to be a combo of two issues. Battery voltage was low. We all know how much fun those can be tracking down AND a sway bar endlink had come loose/off.

New battery and good swaybar has fixed the issue. They moved up from 18th to 8th today!

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
Old 05-04-2021, 12:34 PM   #4
joeyazzata29
j1ss

Drives: '21 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post
It turned out to be a combo of two issues. Battery voltage was low. We all know how much fun those can be tracking down AND a sway bar endlink had come loose/off.

New battery and good swaybar has fixed the issue. They moved up from 18th to 8th today!
How'd you guys determine low battery voltage? Its possible thats my issue and why it only happens pushing it on the race track because the battery cant keep up with the spark? just a guess
joeyazzata29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:56 PM   #5
MatthewAMEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyazzata29 View Post
How'd you guys determine low battery voltage? Its possible thats my issue and why it only happens pushing it on the race track because the battery cant keep up with the spark? just a guess

Someone at the event let them borrow a battery tester. Battery failed the extended test. They swapped for a new one.

I have a 2017 1LE and live in Orlando. I have noticed our batteries have a tough time with the heat. I'm on my 3rd battery. They are running a 2018 and it was still on it's 1st battery.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
Old 05-04-2021, 05:45 PM   #6
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I'm bringing my '18 in for a battery test next week. About 6 months ago it was low, but it charged up and passed the test so it wasn't replaced. Hopefully it'll fail and I'll get a new one.

I got a CTek charger, I'm going to use it once a month in hopes the battery will last longer.

You can test voltage with any multimeter that can test dc voltage. Here's a link to what the voltage means:

https://www.google.com/search?q=car+...algw5asHwsoycM
Old 05-04-2021, 06:22 PM   #7
Timbo-1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
MatthewAML, were you at Daytona Friday night? I just noticed your logo and when I walked out of the head, I noticed a blue 1LE with that logo, did not click at the time or I would have waited and said hello...
Timbo-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 08:44 PM   #8
MatthewAMEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo-1LE View Post
MatthewAML, were you at Daytona Friday night? I just noticed your logo and when I walked out of the head, I noticed a blue 1LE with that logo, did not click at the time or I would have waited and said hello...

Howdy!

I was at Daytona on Friday, but we ran during the day 8-4 (SCCA TE). We saw the TNIA group there in the other paddock. Did you run?

It was a 3-day Daytona marathon for me. HPDE Friday and then a double AutoX on Sat/Sun on the kart track.

I have determined that 3 days of Daytona is my limit.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6