Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-11-2015, 09:54 AM   #169
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
I don't think he has anything to worry about, he has friends in high places at GM, seriously! He's a good guy and a TRUE Camaro enthusiast!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:27 AM   #170
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Camaro2lt is a good guy and I believe him a 100%. Those that are picking on him and such need to back off. He knows his stuff and is friends with the right people at GM. Also, Camaro2lt has been at fest and been nothing but an asset to Camaro5. I agree he shouldn't have said anything, but it has been said and it is over.

Back on topic:
Those headlights have me even more excited. I hope the interior borrows from the stingray like these headlights do from the stingray. The grille is the only part I am curious about at this point.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:45 AM   #171
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
I think it's been playful. I don't think guys that has made comments were picking on him. More just trying to bait Camaro2LT into showing a picture. Everyone is just excited!! I don't see malicious intent here. And beside he is a big boy and can take care of himself. Whenever you post anything on social media you have to be prepared for the backlash - good or bad!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:23 AM   #172
nikeair042
VENOM

Drives: Pontiac G8
camaro2lt, give me a break man. You are in college and yet you have 4 bumpers stored in your dorm room. In college I could barely fit a TV let alone 4 giant bumpers. I have a G8 GXP bumper in my garage now and it takes up a large amount of space. And why not create a random user name and take pictures and post them? I find the whole story as true as the tooth fairy. If there's one thing I've learned from forums, either produce pictures or don't claim to have or seen something. "Oh I saw a 2016 camaro in a parking lot, but I didn't take pictures, but trust me it looks awesome."

Also, why store them in your dorm room if they are so precious? Don't you have friends, family, girls coming over and would see 4 bumpers laying around? Did you kick your room mate out? Or did you just throw a 2016 camaro car cover over it? Lol
Appearance Mods: Red painted calipers, 20% Rear Tint, 35% Side Tint, front side marker tint, G8 GT Visor decals, V8 Badge, L76 oil cap, Roto-Fab Radiator cover, G8 GT Badge, shorty antenna, CF intake tube, CF plenum cover, GXP rear diffuser, red/black shifter, SLP black spoiler, gloss black roof
Performance Mods: Roto-Fab intake, Borla Cat-Back exhaust, hood-vent mod, VMS Tune, 160*, SLP LT headers, Camaro brembo's and rotors, BMR suspension parts, Eibach springs
nikeair042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:29 AM   #173
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAYNE2008 View Post
2lt, so you would have already had those 4 bumpers in your possession when you commented on this render in the other thread.

At least it is becoming clearer what we can expect the C6 to look like.
God i hope not, lights on the bottom look bad, and the gas door needs to be on the outer side of the car.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:41 AM   #174
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Fuel door is already on the passenger side on the current model.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:44 PM   #175
Ant_ss

Drives: 14 1SS RS Black (rental)
Rather he has the parts or not, I can't understand how a person intelligent and prideful enough to not want information to get out, for very good reasons, would put The information out there lol. Doesn't make sense but whatever.....
Ant_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:25 PM   #176
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeair042 View Post
camaro2lt, give me a break man. You are in college and yet you have 4 bumpers stored in your dorm room. In college I could barely fit a TV let alone 4 giant bumpers. I have a G8 GXP bumper in my garage now and it takes up a large amount of space. And why not create a random user name and take pictures and post them? I find the whole story as true as the tooth fairy. If there's one thing I've learned from forums, either produce pictures or don't claim to have or seen something. "Oh I saw a 2016 camaro in a parking lot, but I didn't take pictures, but trust me it looks awesome."

Also, why store them in your dorm room if they are so precious? Don't you have friends, family, girls coming over and would see 4 bumpers laying around? Did you kick your room mate out? Or did you just throw a 2016 camaro car cover over it? Lol
Well he definitely doesn't have friends/girls coming over. No room for that with 4 bumpers in your dorm room.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:10 PM   #177
WCFB-Russ

Drives: ?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant_ss View Post
Rather he has the parts or not, I can't understand how a person intelligent and prideful enough to not want information to get out, for very good reasons, would put The information out there lol. Doesn't make sense but whatever.....
basically this:

He probably (I'm just spitballing here and I doubt I'll get confirmation on this) just wanted people to realize that this isn't the first time that parts have been leaked and to point out that he, like others, are doing what they can to keep the car under wraps. Most likely because he has friends at GM.

I know - because of the kind of contacts I have, were I to come across something like this relating to them, I would turn them over to the people that I know and explain how I obtained them.

Obtaining a job at GM could be tricky when you sit on parts and don't tell them, and blurt it out in a forum. But be realistic. Firstly, we have no clue how GM is reacting to this. And as a person who knows the kind of hoops that have to be jumped through to obtain trust from someone in a company like this and to become friends with them, don't you think that he would have told his "friends" the minute that he came across them and acquired them?

Just think about that. They might have said "hang on to them".

We.Don't.Know.

Plain and simple. Move back to the damn topic and quit trying to be all "Damn boy you in trouble".

edit: to all of you saying "damn your apartment is big", apartments come in different sizes. Sucks to be you that you had a small apartment in college or early in life, now get over it.

Last edited by WCFB-Russ; 02-11-2015 at 04:11 PM. Reason: werds
WCFB-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:38 PM   #178
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by black34v6 View Post

edit: to all of you saying "damn your apartment is big", apartments come in different sizes. Sucks to be you that you had a small apartment in college or early in life, now get over it.
Actually he called it was a Dorm "ROOM", he did not say apartment. Big difference.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:43 PM   #179
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
2lt, so you would have already had those 4 bumpers in your possession when you commented on this render in the other thread.

Ding Ding Ding , We have a winner folks
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:58 PM   #180
WCFB-Russ

Drives: ?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Actually he called it was a Dorm "ROOM", he did not say apartment. Big difference.
Whichever. It's all "academic" anyway - because without him showing us a picture of how he has them in his room we have no way of knowing what is in his "dorm room". Does he have a roommate? We don't know. How big is the dorm room? We don't know.

Like I said. Academic. Move on.

It's interesting to see how many people are privy to the secrets of the car. There are probably a great many more than are coming forward on this forum.

And on the render - I doubt that GM (again, speculation) would release the car with those stacked lights like that. Seeing as how they are trying to make the car more streamlined, they would choose a LED route, similar to this maybe:

(check out those tiny functional foglamps)

Just saying those fit more with the "new style" of the 2016.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:28 PM   #181
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:

Its not the red one that is close, its the yellow one
Old 02-11-2015, 05:44 PM   #182
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazcron View Post
Best I can do with limited time and internet.
Chaz has it closer.......... someone must have leaked him a portion of the bumper..........

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation