Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-22-2018, 08:26 PM   #29
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
I'm an American car guy and agree with you 100%. Coincidentally we had a 2017 Roush f150 king ranch 4x4 with a blower come thru Thursday with a locked Motor at 21k miles. It has cai, headers, blower obviously, and is otherwise stock lol. The customer claimed he left the gas station and got on the freeway (was towing a small car trailer with a car) and got on it to get around a car then heard the Motor knock a little, got off of it back on it and it wqs fine for 20 seconds before he heard a bunch of rattling and the sonabitch shut of.

He had it towed to Ford and they quoted him 21k for a new Motor warranty claim denied hence why we got it and will go from there. Point being is I don't put a whole lot of faith in any dealerships warranty on factory modded cars.
No. Ford Racing and Roush have a partnership. The Ford dealerships will actually do the installation and the car retains full factory warranty. https://www.mustangecoboost.net/thre...arranty.10361/

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:18 AM   #30
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
No. Ford Racing and Roush have a partnership. The Ford dealerships will actually do the installation and the car retains full factory warranty. https://www.mustangecoboost.net/thre...arranty.10361/
Completely false in the case of my coworker - the Ford dealership that performed the Roush installation denied him of all warranty claims after selling him an extended warranty because he didn't also purchase the Roush warranty.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:28 AM   #31
BRMike

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
Completely false in the case of my coworker - the Ford dealership that performed the Roush installation denied him of all warranty claims after selling him an extended warranty because he didn't also purchase the Roush warranty.
Perhaps it is different in Canada. As per Roush's website, their warranty is not an additional line item. It's included in the package price. I also took a look at the local dealer's in-stock Jackhammer edition. On the Roush sticker, it's stated that the 5-year/60,000 mile warranty is honored so long as the supercharger was installed at a Roush certified dealer. I do not believe there's a charge for a "Roush warranty".

Again, it may be different between Canada and the US.
2018 Kenetic Blue Metallic Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Crew Cab (8A)
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:17 PM   #32
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMike View Post
Perhaps it is different in Canada. As per Roush's website, their warranty is not an additional line item. It's included in the package price. I also took a look at the local dealer's in-stock Jackhammer edition. On the Roush sticker, it's stated that the 5-year/60,000 mile warranty is honored so long as the supercharger was installed at a Roush certified dealer. I do not believe there's a charge for a "Roush warranty".

That's the same as my coworker who bought a Roush blower...5/60 for any installs done at a Roush certified dealer and not modified beyond that (IE pullies, etc)
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:36 PM   #33
NW-99SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMike View Post

Could very well be - or just a shady dealer trying to avoid a warranty.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 10-24-2018, 02:28 PM   #34
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Well you have to look at exactly what the warranty covers and the conditions. Just because you have a "warranty" does not mean you will be covered for everything. For example, you can buy the Roush warranty, but it only covers the drivetrain IF any damage occurs due to the blower/parts or as a result of the installation of the blower/parts. So if you buy the warranty and let's say you blow a piston due to a gas station attendant giving you regular instead of premium, or if that particular station had too much water in their gas, or if they had regular in the premium tanks, then your Roush warranty will not cover it and neither will your Ford warranty. At least to my understanding. Your best bet would be to take it up with the gas station. If your engine had some defect from the factory and blows after 5K miles and it is not attributable to the blower, then Roush will not cover it. And Ford will not cover it because your engine warranty thru Ford would be no good because of the Roush blower. So you'd be screwed. Now if the blower overspins or something inside the blower breaks off and damages the engine, THEN the Roush warranty will cover it but not the Ford warranty. If the installer or tuner gave you a bad tune or installed something incorrectly and 6 months down the road something breaks because of that, then too your Roush warranty would cover it but not the Ford warranty. If one of the injectors goes bad and the engine leans out and blows then the Roush warranty will cover it but not the Ford warranty. You have to read and understand all of these things. Because the chances of something happening that will be covered under warranty is slim to none.
Quote:
Roush doesn't coincide with factory warranty - at least not in Canada where I'm from.

A coworker purchased a Roush F150 brand new. Took it in for warranty work and was denied all claims as he didn't purchase the Roush warranty when new...something the salesman never mentioned.

I wouldn't put my faith in Roush, at least not from what I've seen, could be different in the US though.
In this case Roush cannot be blamed. I'm not saying that you are blaming them. But they explicitly say that the warranty has to be purchased at the time of the vehicle or parts purchase. For all they know the person could have blown the engine and then tried to buy the warranty afterwards. That is the salesman's fault. But the buyer should have specifically asked if it had to be purchased then and there. I always ask that when a warranty is offered whether it is on a TV, computer, cell phone, car, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
I'm an American car guy and agree with you 100%. Coincidentally we had a 2017 Roush f150 king ranch 4x4 with a blower come thru Thursday with a locked Motor at 21k miles. It has cai, headers, blower obviously, and is otherwise stock lol. The customer claimed he left the gas station and got on the freeway (was towing a small car trailer with a car) and got on it to get around a car then heard the Motor knock a little, got off of it back on it and it wqs fine for 20 seconds before he heard a bunch of rattling and the sonabitch shut of.

He had it towed to Ford and they quoted him 21k for a new Motor warranty claim denied hence why we got it and will go from there. Point being is I don't put a whole lot of faith in any dealerships warranty on factory modded cars.
In this case also Roush cannot be blamed as it was clearly the gas and not the part or the installation that was the root of the problem. And again, for all Roush knows, the guy could have been trying to save a few bucks and decided to use regular instead of premium figuring that for a long trip without getting on and off the gas he would be fine. Yes, I have heard some Mustang guys say that. Plus they tend to think that the ECU can save their asses which is another misunderstanding. And again, I'm not accusing him of doing that. I'm just saying how it would look in Roush's eyes. So I can see Roush denying this claim. And Ford will not cover it as they will not cover anything when it is tuned or has mods like that AT ALL. Ford will not cover a modded vehicle...at least not THAT modded. The dealership would have to commit fraud and lie to Ford and hope Ford doesn't send an investigator to check things out which they have been known to do. His best bet would have been to drain the fuel, add in high octane, and then go to the dealership, play dumb, and act like he doesn't know what happened. And NOT mention anything about gas or whatever. But yea, with this story I can see the claim being denied.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:53 PM   #35
NW-99SS

Agreed, certainly the salesman's fault who works for the Roush authorized dealership that continued to deny the warranty claim even though the salesman sold an extended warranty that was apparently voided the instant the truck was titled and driven off the lot. Personally, I would have taken legal action.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 10-24-2018, 03:24 PM   #36
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Agreed, certainly the salesman's fault who works for the Roush authorized dealership that continued to deny the warranty claim even though the salesman sold an extended warranty that was apparently voided the instant the truck was titled and driven off the lot. Personally, I would have taken legal action.
We dont know the specifics of this issue and likely never will. Taking legal action against Ford is easier said than done. They have 100s of lawyers on retainer and can bury you in paperwork. Blaq is correct though that Roush warranties the drivetrain from their blower causing a failure. You break the shiftforks in your MT82 and you are likely going to be paying for it yourself. Reading the fine print on a Roush will scare you. If your warranty is important to you and you want a supercharged Mustang then get the GT500.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:46 AM   #37
NW-99SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
We dont know the specifics of this issue and likely never will. Taking legal action against Ford is easier said than done. They have 100s of lawyers on retainer and can bury you in paperwork. Blaq is correct though that Roush warranties the drivetrain from their blower causing a failure. You break the shiftforks in your MT82 and you are likely going to be paying for it yourself. Reading the fine print on a Roush will scare you. If your warranty is important to you and you want a supercharged Mustang then get the GT500.
I know the specifics of the situation I'm referring to - the liability is 100% on the salesman's lap. Again, this was a Roush F150, and there were no factory supercharged F150s at the time of purchase by my coworker.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 10-25-2018, 08:17 AM   #38
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
I know the specifics of the situation I'm referring to - the liability is 100% on the salesman's lap. Again, this was a Roush F150, and there were no factory supercharged F150s at the time of purchase by my coworker.
What Chadicus means is that even if you know the story first hand from the person telling it to you, they're still only telling their story which, in the case of expensive warranty work, will be completely biased. As will the salesman's story. If there is nothing in writing, then it is the salesman's word against your friend's. And Ford is gonna side with the salesman. And quite honestly, Ford gets screwed over many times with warranty work so I doubt they're gonna take this lightly. What they should do in the future is make people sign an opt-out form so that there is nothing up for argument. But either way, your friend should have looked over the warranty in great detail before purchasing the vehicle. If you're purchasing a $50K, $60K, $70K and up vehicle with mods then there is no excuse for not knowing everything involved. He should not have needed the salesman to tell him anything. I'm not knocking him. But you gotta know what you're getting into.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:54 AM   #39
NW-99SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
What Chadicus means is that even if you know the story first hand from the person telling it to you, they're still only telling their story which, in the case of expensive warranty work, will be completely biased. As will the salesman's story. If there is nothing in writing, then it is the salesman's word against your friend's. And Ford is gonna side with the salesman. And quite honestly, Ford gets screwed over many times with warranty work so I doubt they're gonna take this lightly. What they should do in the future is make people sign an opt-out form so that there is nothing up for argument. But either way, your friend should have looked over the warranty in great detail before purchasing the vehicle. If you're purchasing a $50K, $60K, $70K and up vehicle with mods then there is no excuse for not knowing everything involved. He should not have needed the salesman to tell him anything. I'm not knocking him. But you gotta know what you're getting into.
I will refrain from starting a strawman argument with those who don't know the details of the situation of which I do.

Would I buy a Roush anything - No, but I wouldn't before the situation either. The same goes for Callaway, those types of packages aren't for me.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 10-25-2018, 10:29 AM   #40
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
When you compare these cars stock, I'd still take my Camaro SS hands down. I had a 15 Mustang GT PP. No comparison. The 18 didn't change enough even according to the magazines to take the pony car "crown" from the Camaro. Not to mention all the engine issues the new DI 5.0 has been having. Now when you add FI to the equation, the Mustang runs away from everything I have witnessed. But I will never have the $$$ to go that route and I already had one on a 4.6 years ago that stretched the head bolts.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 11:50 AM   #41
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
I will refrain from starting a strawman argument with those who don't know the details of the situation of which I do.

Would I buy a Roush anything - No, but I wouldn't before the situation either. The same goes for Callaway, those types of packages aren't for me.
Roush cars ok as long you know what you are getting into with it. They offer warranties for extra money and most people take them. If you dont want them you are better off modding yourself imo.

In your friend's case I dont know what the salesman did or didnt tell him. In my experience the salesman doesnt usually deal with those things management does. I do think there are shady salesmen and dealers so I have no doubt your friend could have been misled.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 12:18 PM   #42
NW-99SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
Roush cars ok as long you know what you are getting into with it. They offer warranties for extra money and most people take them. If you dont want them you are better off modding yourself imo.

In your friend's case I dont know what the salesman did or didnt tell him. In my experience the salesman doesnt usually deal with those things management does. I do think there are shady salesmen and dealers so I have no doubt your friend could have been misled.

Agreed on both points
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2