Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-20-2018, 09:03 AM   #15
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
I don't think they will make the tire excuse. He was just pointing out that there will be those who say just add coolers to the PP2...opening Pandora's Box
I think we can all agree that if track duty is your thing presently the 1LE is the better car.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:54 AM   #16
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
It's an impressive time, and shows the potential for the PP2 to beat a 1LE..but just as I call bullshit on the "Hurr the V6 Camaro is faster than a S550 GT, look at the lap times!" for not being same day, same etc. ..I'm not going to let this one get by either.

The PP2 and the 1LE are very evenly matched and I think it would come down to the driver...but it's not right to declare the Mustang the victor here.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:05 AM   #17
benjj

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Excuse 1... Not same day.

I figured we should start a list.
What? Hasn’t the same day/same driver argument been used ad nauseam over the 1le/gt350 comparisons? You should make a list of track cars that ford has put out recently that have had inadequate cooling. All that tire for a couple laps
benjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:07 AM   #18
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
In the list it has the Turbo 1le? Isn't that the 4 cylinder?

Nevermind I saw the slideshow with the SS.

Need to be same day to really know. Too many variables to consider. A big one is weather, another is driver and yet another, as mentioned already, is the tires.

Plus the PP2 can't even survive a few laps without overheating. Still a huge joke in my book.

And considering how long Ford had to even match the 1le, this really isn't that impressive.

Last edited by torqueaddict; 09-20-2018 at 11:24 AM.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:21 AM   #19
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Didn’t the 1le run faster at a different track ? And it never mattered cuz different day etc

Which I agree.

Fake news
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:47 AM   #20
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Didn’t the 1le run faster at a different track ? And it never mattered cuz different day etc

Which I agree.

Fake news
yes at laguna IIRC
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:49 PM   #21
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:

Which I agree.

Fake news
Yup, that time doesn't count anymore than this one.

As previously mentioned, the time DOES demonstrate the PP2's ability to run a faster lap than the 1LE.

It is better than I thought, and makes me exciting for a true comparison between the 2.
Old 09-20-2018, 01:21 PM   #22
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:

Which I agree.

Fake news
iirc the vast majority accepted the loss at LS. Doesn't look like you fellows are capable of taking one though.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:32 PM   #23
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Yup, that time doesn't count anymore than this one.

As previously mentioned, the time DOES demonstrate the PP2's ability to run a faster lap than the 1LE.

It is better than I thought, and makes me exciting for a true comparison between the 2.
This ^ what this result demonstrates is that as far as just filling up the stat sheet,(Bc I think we can all agree out of the box the 1LE is still the better package bc no cooling issues) Ford finally offers something that is worthy of being compared to the 1LE. That is good. Some tests it might win, some tests it might not but it is no longer the trouncing it used to be.

bottom line is this is a good thing. Competition makes everyone better
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:46 PM   #24
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
iirc the vast majority accepted the loss at LS. Doesn't look like you fellows are capable of taking one though.
Neither is a loss if not same driver same day. And no I don’t agree that it was accepted by the vast majority.

The only loss here is that the pp2 can’t even be used as a track car anyway.

Many in the mustang camp won’t even accept a loss if its not the same tires. Let alone not the same day. But now we have the mustang on Better larger tires and different day, while not even capable of finishing more than a lap without problems. And this is a loss? Lol and wtf
Old 09-20-2018, 01:53 PM   #25
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Neither is a loss if not same driver same day. And no I don’t agree that it was accepted by the vast majority.

The only loss here is that the pp2 can’t even be used as a track car anyway.

Many in the mustang camp won’t even accept a loss if its not the same tires. Let alone not the same day. But now we have the mustang on Better larger tires and different day, while not even capable of finishing more than a lap without problems. And this is a loss? Lol and wtf
Pretty sure they said 3 hot laps with cooldown laps between and they never stated whether they got a temp warning or it entered limp mode. I suspect temp warning. Keep bringing up the coolers if it makes the loss easier to swallow , but I have not seen a single person posting here not already agree it should have coolers.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:14 PM   #26
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Pretty sure they said 3 hot laps with cooldown laps between and they never stated whether they got a temp warning or it entered limp mode. I suspect temp warning. Keep bringing up the coolers if it makes the loss easier to swallow , but I have not seen a single person posting here not already agree it should have coolers.
If you want to think a loss cool with me. I don’t agree. And don’t care all that much. I’m into drag racing. Just dropped in to see the drama
Old 09-20-2018, 02:14 PM   #27
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I personally think that the fastest lap time is the fastest lap time regardless of the day if they were on the same day or whatever. I only went with this whole nonsense about same day same track because the Mustang guys have been crying that from the start. Again, I really don't care if the Mustang beats the SS because look at everything it took them to do it. If anything Ford should have done this in 2015 instead of now. But no, they basically made the GT crappy, and charged Shelby prices for SS 1LE performance. And now the GT is on Shelby level performance which means the Shelby is what exactly? So the A10 GT dusts the Shelby in a straight line and the GTPP2 can probably beat the non-R around a track. And still, nothing can touch the ZL1. So when Ford FINALLY beats the ZL1 in either the last year or 2nd to the last year of production, should we all gasp and "oooh, aaah" and look for "excuses" and be upset then? LOL! F outta here. Good for Ford for finally making the GT what it should have been 3 years ago.

And when you really look at it, either the Shelby has been on GT level or the GT has been lackluster all this time!! But either way, now you have 4 cars all by Ford that are all on the same level and all that can do only one thing well. The GT, straight line only. The GT PP2, good around a track but overheats. The Shelby, good around a track but on the same level as the GT PP2 but won't overheat but still can't beat the ZL1 but isn't good at all in a straight line. And the Bullitt...GT PP1 level around a track, nowhere near as fast as the GT with A10, nowhere close to the Shelby or GT PP2 around a track for that matter, but it'll hold it's value. So there you have it. A bunch of stuff from Ford all costing about the same amount (except for the standard GT) and none of which can beat a ZL1 and all of them one-trick-ponies. Maybe Ford should take all these and build ONE Mustang that can actually do more than one thing well, lol!! Oh wait, they are...it's just gonna take another year and a price tag over $70K and you won't be able to get one without markups. Have a nice day!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:39 PM   #28
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
What’s all the fuss about? It over heats. Consistently. It’s not even a track car.

Quote:
Barnes says that while people will still think it's a 1LE competitor, and it'll perform well against a 1LE in a single lap, it's just not the right car for an extended lapping session. The aim of this passion project was to hone the ultimate street Mustang from a car they had already spent time developing.

Tom Barnes - Mustang vehicle engineering manager

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote