Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-28-2016, 05:02 PM   #1
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
A Camaro head to head coming. Interesting competitor

Saw this on Instagram. I figured the Mustang would be first.
Attached Images

13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:13 PM   #2
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:02 PM   #3
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Looking forward to this one!
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:29 PM   #4
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Should be close. The matchup I had hoped for. But a while ago when I suggested the Camaro needed to be good enough to lure buyers of this car I caught a lot of flack.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:06 PM   #5
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Should be close. The matchup I had hoped for. But a while ago when I suggested the Camaro needed to be good enough to lure buyers of this car I caught a lot of flack.
From a performance pov Camaro is easily more than "good enough" to be compared to the M///.

The problem with luring buyers from BMW is that the Camaro doesn't wear a Roundel. Sadly, that's what a lot of those buyers are looking for.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:13 PM   #6
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Aw snap...serious bizness now.
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:14 PM   #7
BrianInJackson

Drives: toyota mr2
There is $20-$25 thousand dollar difference between these cars. The BMW may have an advantage or two, we'll see. If these cars were the same money, I might have bought a BMW... However, you can almost buy an SS and an LT for the price of the M4. No thanks BMW... I think this will be a great match up, because it is clear that the Camaro is in a different league when compared to the Mustang. Been watching YouTube for comparison videos, and not seeing much... This should give me my fix.
BrianInJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:44 PM   #8
Danew_377
Chief Bief

Drives: Nightfall Gray Camaro 1SS
To the OP, nice find. Pretty sure many of us have been waiting for this to happen since there are overwhelmingly positive reviews about the car. A challenger is needed, and as BrianInJackson said, the Mustang GT isn't seen to be in the same realm as this SS. Our cars punch above their weight big time. It's really nice to see this.
Danew_377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 12:16 AM   #9
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianInJackson View Post
There is $20-$25 thousand dollar difference between these cars. The BMW may have an advantage or two, we'll see. If these cars were the same money, I might have bought a BMW... However, you can almost buy an SS and an LT for the price of the M4. No thanks BMW... I think this will be a great match up, because it is clear that the Camaro is in a different league when compared to the Mustang. Been watching YouTube for comparison videos, and not seeing much... This should give me my fix.
I think the scenario would be more likely me buying a Camaro and a small SUV...oh wait I did one and am about to do the other.
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 12:31 AM   #10
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I've read some threads on the SS vs M3/4 and they don't care how good the Camaro is, they will keep buying an M. No matter how much the Camaro improves, their perception is the BMW is better.

Don't the Head2Heads get posted on Wednesday? Hopefully we see it next week.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:04 AM   #11
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I've read some threads on the SS vs M3/4 and they don't care how good the Camaro is, they will keep buying an M. No matter how much the Camaro improves, their perception is the BMW is better.

Don't the Head2Heads get posted on Wednesday? Hopefully we see it next week.
that is because this process takes time. The camaro will need to consistently deliver year after to year to reach those people.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 08:20 AM   #12
kdu

Drives: Acura MDX
I've actually been cross shopping the M4. Used 2015s go for about $60k. It's definitely more than the Camaro, but it's in the same ballpark. Plus, when I resell in 3-5 years I would theoretically make up some of the price difference. Having owned a BMW and a Chevy before, beyond the differences in the car you get a dramatically different service experience. Many M owners also have other BMWs so there is a ton of brand loyalty to overcome to put a camaro high on the short list of M4 alternatives. Both are great cars so hard to lose with either one.
kdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 08:36 AM   #13
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
^^ i agree the service experience and average SALES experience between the two are tough(that ive experienced in NJ). I have bought a few new BMWs just because they listen to what makes me happy and deliver; versus arrogance telling me what makes me happy.

Last edited by 6spdhyperblue; 01-29-2016 at 08:51 AM.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 09:11 AM   #14
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
that is because this process takes time. The camaro will need to consistently deliver year after to year to reach those people.
Agree^^^ but I always think these BMW vs Camaro/Mustang comparisons are silly. That is Cadillac's battle and they need to deliver year after year to reach those people. Cadillac has moved up market so the question is can they ride out those years AND deliver.

High end BMW/Audi/Mercedes buyer don't want to see a striped, $25k, 4 cylinder version of thier car next to them at the light

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote