Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-28-2015, 08:56 AM   #29
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
1 car samples of each, far from statistically significant (that requires 30) shows HP within 1%. Not much to conclude except they are both LT1s coming off the same manufacturing tools with only slight differences are delivering as everyone should have expected.
This forum will tolerate none of this logical thought and reasoning, sir.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:21 AM   #30
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Interesting results. Thanks for doing the test.

I wonder how big an impact the C7 being an M7 vs the 6th gen being an M6 had on the numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Usually you'll do the pulls in the 1.1 gear. Probably 4th, maybe 5th in the c7. I know that's how we did pulsl on my supercharged g8 and my c5 corvette. Whats impressive is that my g8 with a Maggie made 451rwhp with the standard rear serpentine style belt and 479 with overdriven cog drive. So, those are amazing numbers. Obviously mine g8 would have made more with a tko instead of the 6 speed auto. So, can't wait to get my 16 Camaro sometime in Feb.
The cars we're both in 4th which is 1:1. I don't think that had any effect on the outcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
Those numbers aren't too surprising considering that the 2016 basically has headers from the factory. What was the test cars setup? Which exhaust? What mode?
The cars both had factory NPP and they were both in track mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Camaros on a whole have been dynoing higher. Naysayers have said, "but there are no same day, same dyno tests". I think this was just to put an end to that.

We all know same driver, same place, same day the Vette will have a slight edge due to less weight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
What he said,

The people asked for it, so JDP delivered.
We've seen all of the comparisons and speculation. We decided to see what would happen on the same dyno, the same day with the same fuel. The spread wasn't as much as a lot of the comparisons showed and they were very close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
Does the extra weight of the camaro on the rollers cause less slippage and causes it to show more hp?
The weight delta isn't that great between the cars and at that power level traction wasn't an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
How many miles in the c7 and gen 6? Differences could be purely that c7 was brand new and gen 6 had break in miles.
They were both brand new under 20 miles each... The conditions, temperatures and fuel were the same for both cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
1 car samples of each, far from statistically significant (that requires 30) shows HP within 1%. Not much to conclude except they are both LT1s coming off the same manufacturing tools with only slight differences are delivering as everyone should have expected.
I agree the cars were very close and the spread wasn't as large as you've seen with some of the video's and test online. The Camaro did make more power in all four runs but as you stated the engines are virtually the same with the exception of the manifolds; the Camaro made considerably more torque through the entire range. I believe this is due to the tri-y design of the manifolds.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:40 AM   #31
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Can't wait to some shops start tuning and dynoing these cars...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:42 AM   #32
SpeedIsLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Can't wait to some shops start tuning and dynoing these cars...
At least one shop already has...tune alone produced roughly 15HP/10TQ gains peak to peak.

I'm curious as well, a few people have said they don't expect huge gains like in the past due to Chevy getting the tune "closer to right on" this time around.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:43 AM   #33
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
This will piss some Vette guys off lol.
2016 Red Hot 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC, Nav, and Sunroof. VIN #115750
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:51 AM   #34
SpeedIsLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post
This will piss some Vette guys off lol.
Seems like everything pisses Vette guys off lately.

A Mustang (GT350TP) that handles as well as a Z51 Stingray? Butthurt

Camaro getting the same power ratings as a C7 for $20k less (1SS M6)...butthurt

I can't tell if Corvette owners are just insecure or really that easily excitable.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:55 AM   #35
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
At least one shop already has...tune alone produced roughly 15HP/10TQ gains peak to peak.

I'm curious as well, a few people have said they don't expect huge gains like in the past due to Chevy getting the tune "closer to right on" this time around.
What shop?

I'm not expecting big gains either, but getting rid of some nannies and adjusting throttle sensitivity, and if you have an auto changing shift points and firmness can really improve things...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:58 AM   #36
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Quote:

I can't tell if Corvette owners are just insecure or really that easily excitable.
*This is only my opinion*

Vette guys seem to be a very 'holier than thou' bunch. Most speak very down to other GM performance cars. Again this is just a generalization and some could be made for Camaro guys as well. I think it made them angry when they didn't de tune the LT1 in the SS. Now it's going to be worse to see that it's put ting down more power.
2016 Red Hot 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC, Nav, and Sunroof. VIN #115750
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 11:28 AM   #37
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post
*This is only my opinion*

Vette guys seem to be a very 'holier than thou' bunch. Most speak very down to other GM performance cars. Again this is just a generalization and some could be made for Camaro guys as well. I think it made them angry when they didn't de tune the LT1 in the SS. Now it's going to be worse to see that it's put ting down more power.
Every forum has "those guys". Even this one.

The vocal minority on forums like these usually don't represent the majority.

I'm with Number 3 in this. As much as I'd like it to be a "thing". All this shows is that particular Camaro has slightly higher output than that particular Corvette, discounting the inherent inaccuracy of the given measurements. I figured I wouldn't be the first guy with some stats background to bring it up.

Cool experiment though, props to JDP.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 11:54 AM   #38
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
If the Camaro LT1 has try-Y headers, and the Corvette still uses the same old design, then I have to somewhat disagree with the few here who act as if this test wasn't worth doing. I think it was.

The headers are likely adding a small amount of power and tq.

So there's that.

But no only that....the people asked for it. This wasn't just some useless exercise JDP put together for Camaro owners to pound our chests over...it was a comparison that hadn't be done before, directly, on the same day and same dyno, and put some speculation to bed.

So while we SHOULD expect similar outputs, its also important not to simply discount this as a "Duh...what did you expect?" experiment as well.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:55 AM   #39
andrec10

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6SP/Suby Legacy 6
Quote:

One reason I sold my vette and left the club I used to belong to. I am 50 and was the youngest in the club if that gives you any idea!
andrec10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:03 PM   #40
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
One reason I sold my vette and left the club I used to belong to. I am 50 and was the youngest in the club if that gives you any idea!
LOL! I had THE opposite thing going for my evo and it definitely did have a factor on me getting the hell away from that crown as well. I was the 3rd oldest guy in the group and I am 30.

There are some great people and info on the corvetteforum though, same as here. But it does NOT matter what car, club, forum it is... You still have the same trolling, same "I KNOW EVERRRRRRYYYYTHINNNNNG", same "EITHER GET X PART OR JUST SELL YOUR CAR/DON'T BUY IT" people. Comes with the "territory".

I did love the new Tri-Y Headers when GM released the info months ago. I knew I did not "need" to go with headers from that day. One of the major reasons why I got the 2SS and goodies so I don't have to go with aftermarket. No matter how great aftermarket will be, it will NEVER beat a manufacturer, simply because a manufacturer has MILLIONS of dollars invested in R&D and at least 10 times the engineers with facilities at hand vs aftermarket. I do love the aftermarket though, without them... Manufacturers would never push themselves to be better! Why I will always support aftermarket .
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:14 PM   #41
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:

Does it really? Or are you pulling things out again? Proof? If anyone gets pissed off and defensive easily, it's Mustang boys.

Vette people have nothing to worry about with the Camaro.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:07 PM   #42
01Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2001 Z28 Mn6
So it seems that GM is underrating the LT1 , which is putting out nearly 500 HP (15% rule of thumb drivetrain loss)? That explains the ridiculous quarter mile reduction and increase in trap sped over the gen 5 430 HP SS. 500 HP...WOW!
01Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6th gen camaro, corvette c7, dyno, jdp motorsports