Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-29-2019, 02:06 PM   #71
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakskeet View Post
Wonder if there will be increased heat with the A10 in the ZLE as there is with the A8 Z06 on the track that will cause possible overheating? I don't think it will be an issue in the ZL1 1LE like it is in the Z06. Time will tell as these cars get pushed hard on the track in the summer months.
A forum member here recently posted a cool picture of some heat shielding he put on his trans and (fuel or diff?) cooler lines to protect them from the exhaust heat. If that's not standard on the 1LE-A10 I could see some of our more serious track rat brethren going that route to avoid overheating on 30+ lap runs...
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:06 PM   #72
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Thread # 4 on this (except for the bogus 'no more manual' statement). Keep 'em comin'

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:35 PM   #73
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
This really upsets me... I've struggled between A10 and 1LE for 3 years now.

- Purchased an A10 when I could have gotten a 1LE

- Then Crush put me over the top to go ahead and get the 1LE

Now this...
This is why I wish GM would tell us sooner when things like this are coming. I first heard about this months ago but you just never know what GM will actually follow through with sometimes.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:04 PM   #74
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
I don't get the negative posts at all. Watering the ZE down? Fake news. It's not like GM is installing a power glide or wire wheel covers. How is a world class A10, with internals and drivetrain modified to suit the ZE's track specific underpinnings watering it down? I am a manual guy all the way, have not owned an automatic in any vehicle, ever (well except for a 69 327 Camaro with a turbo 350 and 4.10s back in the day). But an automatic transmission modified to compliment what the ZE brings to the table is not watering anything down. Now, a sun roof or t-tops, sure.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...

Last edited by SJFGTO; 01-29-2019 at 04:03 PM.
SJFGTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:07 PM   #75
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Superfly View Post
https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chev...e-squad-goals/

TLDR: A10 lap times were on par without tire pressure fiddling and faster with it.
So .32 seconds slower is on par but .3 seconds faster isn’t on par? The end result is the M6 is still very fast on a race track. I wonder if it could have picked up any time with some adjustment.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:11 PM   #76
Gunkk

Old 01-29-2019, 03:13 PM   #77
Gunkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJFGTO View Post
I don't get the negative posts at all. Watering the ZE down? Fake news. It's not like GM is installing a power glide or wire wheel covers. How is a world class A10, with internals and drivetrain modified to suit the ZE's track specific underpinnings watering it down? I am a manual guy all the way, have not owned an automatic in any vehicle, ever (well except for a 69 327 Camaro with a turbo 350 and 4.10s back in the day). But a automatic transmission modified to to compliment what the ZE brings to the table is not watering anything down. Now, a sun roof or t-tops, sure.

+1 also to your userid ... every time I see it I see: STFUGTFO all in one word
Old 01-29-2019, 03:25 PM   #78
IrocTodd

Drives: 18hyperbluzl1/22C8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted43 View Post
Wife to me.....did your car always have that big wing on the back and that black hood?
Me to wife.......GM made me do it and it’s an a10 so you can still drive it !!!

Think it will work guys???
yep that sounds about right I'm in the same boat as you. just need the lt5 and I wont be able to resist for sure
IrocTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:33 PM   #79
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
But I thought there was a reason no A10 would be put in E?? What are the purists gonna Thump their chest with??

Looks like you gotta excuse to get that bad ass silver one now...heehee
Hell, they should have named this supercharged automatic a Z/28 so long as nothing is sacred.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:36 PM   #80
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Yeah, that’s true.

People can mock us as purists all they want, but don’t come complaining when the Camaro ends up as a FWD econo box. GM considered that, as a replacement of the 4th gen.
Remember the Mustang II?
Old 01-29-2019, 04:00 PM   #81
full*throttle*therapy

Drives: '18 RH ZL1 1LE
We are the guardians of a dying art. The purveyors of a craft born of necessity, but beloved for its spirit. We travel with purpose regardless of our destination. Every corner an opportunity for the perfect downshift, every stop a new starting line. We find joy in those fleeting moments between ratios; the crescendo of rpm, the gentle click of the gate, the building inertia in our chest as the drivetrain becomes whole again. We are the masters of our machines. We are The Manual Gearbox Preservation Society!

Drive the A10 if you like. But it won't feel like this. This feeling is why I got into cars in the first place.
full*throttle*therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 04:02 PM   #82
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post

+1 also to your userid ... every time I see it I see: STFUGTFO all in one word
Ahh! Someone finally has deciphered the hidden meaning, kind of like playing Stairway to Heaven backwards.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 04:02 PM   #83
Rnovrit

Drives: 2018 NFG ZL1-1LE
That is cool they will be offering the 10-speed. Even with the auto being slightly faster, I would still choose the manual. There is more to it than just being the fastest for me. I feel it is about the overall experience and the manual just puts a huge smile on my face every time.
Rnovrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 04:15 PM   #84
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnovrit View Post
That is cool they will be offering the 10-speed. Even with the auto being slightly faster, I would still choose the manual. There is more to it than just being the fastest for me. I feel it is about the overall experience and the manual just puts a huge smile on my face every time.
That’s what’s nice about this. Guys who only want a manual can still get it, but those who think they will be faster with a auto, can get that one. Both are solid choices and will make both sides happy. The GT500 doesn’t give you those choices.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote