Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 10-31-2018, 12:45 PM   #603
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Nice! CONGRATS on the new PB. You'll trim another 10th off with just better DA. And if the data logs show something funky. You could pull off a 10 before the season is over.

Last edited by GossipSquirrelJelena; 10-31-2018 at 01:39 PM.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 04:52 PM   #604
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Mark. Catching you up on the latest from 11/11/18s racing at Atco. Biggest crowd I've ever seen. Holy Sh!t it was crowded! several classes of racing all going on at the same day. First time I've ever seen test and tune cars called up. Instead of just parking in lanes 9and 10. Of course the news this forum will care about most is Jim got his 10.4. I told him I'm going to start looking for a nitrous bottle. I got a cool video of Jelena racing a procharged 13GT. Of course she wiped the floor with him. Pat was a little off today. 10.5s on both of his runs. And I got one run in. To the tune of 10.259@135.63. Still spinning the 1-2 shift. I'll figure it out next spring. DA was pretty silly. I recall someone saying -1300ish. Im including some visual aids to kick this post up a notch.

Attached Images

Last edited by GossipSquirrelJelena; 11-11-2018 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:11 PM   #605
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
-1300 **** I wish.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:09 PM   #606
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
-1300 **** I wish.

haha
Old 11-12-2018, 07:16 AM   #607
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
Mark. Catching you up on the latest from 11/11/18s racing at Atco. Biggest crowd I've ever seen. Holy Sh!t it was crowded! several classes of racing all going on at the same day. First time I've ever seen test and tune cars called up. Instead of just parking in lanes 9and 10. Of course the news this forum will care about most is Jim got his 10.4. I told him I'm going to start looking for a nitrous bottle. I got a cool video of Jelena racing a procharged 13GT. Of course she wiped the floor with him. Pat was a little off today. 10.5s on both of his runs. And I got one run in. To the tune of 10.259@135.63. Still spinning the 1-2 shift. I'll figure it out next spring. DA was pretty silly. I recall someone saying -1300ish. Im including some visual aids to kick this post up a notch.
Thanks! The Jelena Rustang is rolling! You and Pat mostly own lanes 9+10. And Snowblind, giving no power adder is running insane.

I was thinking of going on Saturday if there was T&T but Atco closed. Sundays are hard for me as my grandson visits every Sunday. He is more fun than drag racing. I will go to the Fall Brawl as I will be with him in Key West and with all my Peeps all week. Eileen is having a Birthday party there for a birthday number I cannot divulge.

My last time out I ran a couple of low mid 11.3s but then had to leave. But on one run, the slower one I ran 126 for the second time ever after running 122 a few minutes before. ??
Old 11-12-2018, 07:20 AM   #608
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
-1300 **** I wish.
Being able to have a boat and being able to take it out most of the time *** I wish.

Being able to own a house and not have my taxes be higher than my mortgage *** I wish.

I could go on.....
Old 11-12-2018, 07:57 AM   #609
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Thanks! The Jelena Rustang is rolling! You and Pat mostly own lanes 9+10. And Snowblind, giving no power adder is running insane.

I was thinking of going on Saturday if there was T&T but Atco closed. Sundays are hard for me as my grandson visits every Sunday. He is more fun than drag racing. I will go to the Fall Brawl as I will be with him in Key West and with all my Peeps all week. Eileen is having a Birthday party there for a birthday number I cannot divulge.

My last time out I ran a couple of low mid 11.3s but then had to leave. But on one run, the slower one I ran 126 for the second time ever after running 122 a few minutes before. ??
Haha, I totally understand the number which can’t be divulged. They are forever 21 in our hearts and minds. Getting the trap speed back sounds promising. I think big red is teetering on a 10 second pass if the stars align.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:03 AM   #610
Fraxum

I went to Cecil last Sunday.....

I took Big Red to the Cecil Fall brawl. When I went through tech the guy there said I need to wear my fire jacket if I want to run tens. I put it on for good luck, He was really giving all the real racers a hard time about not having stock seats. If you do that I think the air bags will no longer be operational. Good point for the tech if so, the late model NHRA rules no longer apply.

It turns out if you run No Time at Cecil there are no worries about those rules. This explains why so many run No Time at Atco. If the time is not public, the run didn't happen. Still having to run a fire jacket on a mostly stock car is a new one for me. It was a little cold so no big deal. When you run No Time you only get 1/2 a slip. That's a drag for me. I like looking at both times to see how we did together.

I have never seen so many fast Camaros in one place. But then I have never been to CamaroFest. It was so much fun lining up with another Camaro so often. There were a couple of Coyote Mustangs there, several CTS/Vs, and an Audi besides the 5th and 6th gen Camaros. One Rustang was even running a parachute. And a fast Audi. There was also this bada$$ C5 Corvette there with something sticking out of his hood. I ran him, but he must have messed up shifting? and I beat him.

I finally got the hang of the MT SSes and 1.7s 60s were easier than on the stock tires. But still no high 1.6 others have recorded stock.

But sadly now I can clearly feel the built in ZL1 GM bog. That 11.184 @ 129 is my new PB on the Rotofab+DRs. My mph is still all over the place but my previous best was 126 in -1,000 DA. So how did I run 129 in +350 DA? It's a puzzle. I have the new HP Tuners brick. I need to start logging if I get back to Atco. I have the new HP Tuners brick, but no credits yet. I ran 129 in the left lane and 128 in the right back to back, both 11.1s. Is the left lane at Cecil a little down hill? That's the Urban legend.

I now have hope that my current combo has a 10 in it.

I was thinking my ZL1 would be at the back of the pack at the brawl. But it turns out low 11s does represent at least a little. But those bolt-on and H/C CA6 list leaders SSes ate my lunch. But it will be easy to chase them if I want. There were some fast 5th gens too.

The day ended with me getting stuck in the Delaware Memorial Bridge shutdown. It took like 4 hours to get home.

Other than that a fun day!

Last edited by Fraxum; 11-28-2018 at 04:59 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 02:18 AM   #611
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Nice time Mark. That trap speed is legit. Who has better prep. Cecil or Atco?
Old 12-02-2018, 04:29 AM   #612
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Congrats to all on their PB’s.

We actually saw -1000 here last Wednesday night in FL... so dreams can come true
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:26 AM   #613
Fraxum

I went to Atco last Saturday.....

The DA was -1,000! (Per Drag Times) But.....

Big Red was slower here.

This was a Saturday T&T and about 25 cars showed up. This was just like a track rental day just like last week. Atco was only open for racing 11-1:30 PM but I easily could have run 20 times. It was tempting But I ran enough runs to get an idea of what Big Red would do on this day on this track. My best was 11.225@126.58.

So the DA for my fastest run yet last week was at +350 DA(Per Drag Times). Wouldn't you think I could match that? Even just MPH? What do I make of this? Is Cecil down hill?

I wish I had logged these runs but I'm lazy I guess.

Anyway it was fun. I raced Snowblind and I couldn't leave early enough to overcome a .75 ET deficit. He was having shifting rev limiter troubles by the end. I suspect this will get more than worked out by next spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
Nice time Mark. That trap speed is legit. Who has better prep. Cecil or Atco?
I am not sure which is better. When Cecil first started running the run off area was damp so we were limited to the 1/8th for a while. For those runs the prep was not good. But they kept working on it and by the time we could run the 1/4 it was good. As for me Big Red hooked great once I got the hang of how much burnout I needed with the DRs.

At Atco with my TT 1LE I could never really leave all out. And in some late fall events running was worthless. But that was on NT555Rs with an M6 and a light switch power curve.

So I expected Saturday to be like that but with the MTs and a little seat time the hook was the same as last week @ Cecil. No spinning. But now I am feeling the GM bog (which some say is not there on Camaro autos). Since I am very familiar with the CA6 M6 GM bog, I am pretty sure it's there. As for my MPH flip flops this is still a mystery. I thought maybe I was letting off on the 1/4 early and I am sure this happened a few times in the past. But on Saturday I did not let off until I saw 130 on the HUD. I also started paying more attention locking my arms on the big end to try and avoid the MT wobble @ 20 lbs. That worked and the car tracked straight on the run off area.

This is probably my last good run of the year.

Old 12-21-2018, 03:49 PM   #614
Fraxum

Videos

I decided to work on more videos in the coming season. For practice I posted up some videos thanks to Hope Snowblind.

Two from the 2018 Cecil Fall Brawl:

And one from the last Atco T&T 2018:

Old 03-23-2019, 04:00 PM   #615
Fraxum

I went to Atco today, Saturday, a windy but minus DA day. And almost no one was there.

It was one of those days where you run until you ran out of gas. When I got there I was told there was no track prep. But by the first run the Z hooked when I just came off idle. Then with each run I was faster as I loaded the tires more each time. I never did spin. . So to cut back on the suspense I ran 3 11.3s and two 11.4s @ 123->almost 126. So okay but nothing special.

However the last two runs were fun running a car very well driven and equally as fast. A red M6 bolton Coyote Mustang that is just about as fast as my Z, but needs a perfect run to do it.

So there have it, a well driven M6 S197 bolton is as fast as my ZL1. Drivers race and the more consistent driver won, and shifted. I just launched and kept my foot to the floor. Easy peazy. Although if I wasn't fast asleep on that run I could have stayed with him.

However this was a run that made the trip to Atco worthwhile. In the end I was running him down and I did rush past him right after the traps. But he had that half a fender at the light on the big end and took a win. For both of us it made that T&T worthwhile.

Most of my other runs were .1 RT or better. I guess the pressure was too much and he had the talent to beat a faster car with a manual. I want a rematch!

They are a husband and wife driving team and keep making changes to go faster. And she is pretty good herself with a Manual. So cool. They are having as much fun as anyone racing at Atco. I always have fun running that car. The fun is the racing more than the times.

Some older night pics from last season.

Sorry to disappoint but as for me I am not following up on ZL1 mods right now. I have decided not to tune the car until the 3/36K drive train warranty runs out. This definitely will take 36 months. In the mean time I will keep trying for 10s. But I think that will have to be at Cecil. I will go back.

And I will continue my quest to beat a Hellcat auto.

Last edited by Fraxum; 03-23-2019 at 10:56 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:53 PM   #616
Ethanolic
Banned

Drives: F150
Cecil and MIR are said to be the fastest tracks in the country, with Atco and Capital being close behind.
Ethanolic is offline   Reply With Quote