Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-20-2020, 07:48 PM   #29
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Regardless of the reason, I'm just glad that Camaro sales increased this past quarter.
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 11:15 PM   #30
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laststandard View Post
Used vehicle market is insane right now. I have a buddy who does the used car buying for a large dealer, goes to all the auctions. Said it's crazy, used stuff going for close to MSRP.
I was at the dealer last night and the had a used Ford, 2 used Camaros and a vette on the main entrance show area.

That's bad....
Old 08-21-2020, 07:53 AM   #31
Laststandard

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
I was at the dealer last night and the had a used Ford, 2 used Camaros and a vette on the main entrance show area.

That's bad....
Yup. My buddy said he even saw a used 4Runner (already good on resale) go for $1k over MSRP.
Old 08-21-2020, 07:56 AM   #32
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Yup. My buddy said he even saw a used 4Runner (already good on resale) go for $1k over MSRP.
Hmm. Maybe it's time to list my vehicles... The WI good weather season is going to be winding down here soon. Get a new one next spring. But in all seriousness.. I see GM has the Build and Price for the Camaro now. I did a Build... Just like my Harley. I'd love to upgrade, but there is no way a new Harley or a new Camaro is worth the cost to get into a new car. If I build a new 2SS with the same options as my '16 2SS it's over $50k. What is worth $25k difference (trade mine) I'd have to pay to get into the new one? I run into the same thing with my Harley. I have an '09 (Modified) and a new one to replace it is $35k. I'd get maybe $6k trade for mine. There is nothing on a new '20 that is worth almost $28k difference. I think this is a problem these days for these companies. When they keep the same model for years and make no major improvements why would anyone feel the need to upgrade what they have. Especially when it's paid off?

Last edited by jamala00; 08-21-2020 at 08:11 AM.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:11 PM   #33
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
I noticed Carvana has used 2019 Camaro’s listed at or near their original MSRP depending on options and mileage. They also have used 2019 Honda Civic SI’s listed near or over original MSRP... Crazy times in the used car market...
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:19 PM   #34
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Hmm. Maybe it's time to list my vehicles... The WI good weather season is going to be winding down here soon. Get a new one next spring. But in all seriousness.. I see GM has the Build and Price for the Camaro now. I did a Build... Just like my Harley. I'd love to upgrade, but there is no way a new Harley or a new Camaro is worth the cost to get into a new car. If I build a new 2SS with the same options as my '16 2SS it's over $50k. What is worth $25k difference (trade mine) I'd have to pay to get into the new one? I run into the same thing with my Harley. I have an '09 (Modified) and a new one to replace it is $35k. I'd get maybe $6k trade for mine. There is nothing on a new '20 that is worth almost $28k difference. I think this is a problem these days for these companies. When they keep the same model for years and make no major improvements why would anyone feel the need to upgrade what they have. Especially when it's paid off?
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 06:43 AM   #35
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzz View Post
I noticed Carvana has used 2019 Camaro’s listed at or near their original MSRP depending on options and mileage. They also have used 2019 Honda Civic SI’s listed near or over original MSRP... Crazy times in the used car market...
I believe Carvana is a poor metric for determining used car values. They're a lot like Saturn in that "everyone pays the same [bad] price" for a car. They force a predictable margin so that investors will thing they're "all that" when it comes time to report profits and such.

They have to factor in not only the costs that a local dealership does but also the cost of delivering the car anywhere in the country. Buy a car that they have to flatbed 20 miles? Great. More profit for them because your paying exactly the same as if they were transporting it across the country.

They also factor in not only the costs of reconditioning the car the -first- time, but also if it gets returned.

I searched their available vehicles last fall when I was looking for a specific SUV. Their prices were consistently 7-10% higher than what I was finding on traditional dealership lots and they simply don't negotiate.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 12:37 PM   #36
94turbolsx

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
Used vehicle market is insane right now. I have a buddy who does the used car buying for a large dealer, goes to all the auctions. Said it's crazy, used stuff going for close to MSRP.
I was and am now not in the market. Was looking to replace my ZR2 daily with a 17-18 Silverado and possibly add a 16-18 1LE to the stable. Since covid, the Camaro and Silverado/Sierra in the used market have become considerably more expensive and they are selling. Im decided to wait this market out and see if things return to a little normalcy when the dealers are stocked with new vehicles again.

I havent seen a new Camaro on any lot around here since February. Ive seen a total of 1 2020 in person.
Old 08-24-2020, 12:42 PM   #37
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Not very many around me.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 01:26 PM   #38
joe944

Drives: 18' A10 ZL1 , 18' F150, 04' MSM
My buddy has been shopping around for a 1LE and they don't sit on lots long at all.
joe944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 10:03 AM   #39
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
The future of the Camaro may not be as bleak as some may think. Right before Covid hit, back in February, GM added 400 full time jobs to the Lansing assembly plant where Camaro is built. They're building the Cadillac CT4 and CT5 on that line as well and needed additional support.

I'm not saying it's proof the Camaro isn't going away, but they added full time jobs to the factory where it's produced. That's a good sign at least.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote