Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-25-2020, 08:14 PM   #15
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coded4SS View Post
The 1le does have a backup camera

All the others stuff you mentioned dosnt matter. 1le is a beast you'll love it
I think he's talking about the camera used by the rear-view mirror so that you get a picture of what's going on behind you in the rear-view mirror. It was introduced in 2019 and you can get it on a 2SS, but not a 1SS if I'm not mistaken. It's supposed to really improve the rear visibility from what I've read online.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:24 PM   #16
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
I'd say go for the new SS 1LE all the way. You'll get a warranty. And it's so much car, way more than you could ever use on the street.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:27 PM   #17
donaldp

Drives: 2017 Red Hot ZL1 M6
I have a 17 M6 ZL1 and my friend/neighbor has an 18 M6 1SS 1LE.

I think the wheels, and the stance of the 1LE are better looking but overall, I think the ZL1 is a better looking car, especially the hood and front end.

The interior appointments are much nicer in the ZL1. Such as, more alcantera and less vinyl. The blind spot monitoring and the interior color LEDs are a value to me on my ZL1.

The steering wheel on the 1LE is nicer because it's thicker. In exchange, the ZL1 has a heated steering wheel but its grip circumference of the rim is smaller.

The sound the cars make are different. In the 1LE, you can really hear the exhaust note coming from the rear but on the ZL1, you hear the SC whine faintly coming from the front as well as the exhaust note. I really prefer the exhaust note so in this regard, I prefer the 1LE.

The gas mileage of the 1LE is better by far. Probably about 4 mpg better overall. I have 30K miles on mine and have averaged 14.5 since day 1.

The fun to drive, power on demand, exclusivity, and overall I'm not your every day Camaro feeling is what you get with the ZL1. Power is available in every gear throughout the power band. There is more power than you need on the streets but it is rewarding every single day in every way.

I have owned 18 cars in my life, American, German, Japanese, some more expensive, but most less costly than my ZL1 and I can tell you that this is the funnest, most rewarding car I've ever owned.

Hope this sheds some light on your decision.
donaldp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:46 PM   #18
Coded4SS

Drives: 2020 1SS 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
I think he's talking about the camera used by the rear-view mirror so that you get a picture of what's going on behind you in the rear-view mirror. It was introduced in 2019 and you can get it on a 2SS, but not a 1SS if I'm not mistaken. It's supposed to really improve the rear visibility from what I've read online.
Ohh gotcha didint even know about it. Thanks
Coded4SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 07:35 AM   #19
Fun

Drives: 2020 V6 Auto 3LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by danno1 View Post
OK Guys, (or girls), I'll be looking to purchase either the ZL1 or the SS 1LE in the spring.

Now that said, I only can spend in the low to mid 40s for it.

Should I go with a brand new SS 1LE?

Or get a used ZL1?
I’d call Allen @ James Black about extended Warranty before buying used. If under 36k miles & under 3 years, can be reasonable.
Allen (814) 472-9550
Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 07:50 AM   #20
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
if you don’t plan on FREQUENT track days, get ZL1.
Old 01-26-2020, 09:21 AM   #21
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
I like exclusivity so the ZL1 fits that bill plus I don't put many miles on my cars. That said if power is your reason the 1LE will have more than what you can use on the street and the cost of ownership has to be taken into consideration. Warranty is a must for any GM vehicle.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 10:06 AM   #22
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
I had a 2017 2SS (non 1LE), before Stephanie (my current Camaro).

The 2SS couldn’t have been a better car... The LT1 married to the Alpha is a near perfect balance between power and agility IMHO. I can only imagine this combo with the 1LE handling must be insane. I say go new, get the 1LE, and take away any fears of purchasing a ZL1 that someone bagged.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:14 AM   #23
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I don’t know why some people on this forum think that if you buy a used ZL1 then it must have been abused or dogged out by the original owner! People that usually buy a ZL1 are in the upper class/adults that have plenty of money to buy a car like that unlike us working folks do. Not every Tom, Dick, Harry, Sue and Jane have the money to buy a new ZL1!
Old 01-26-2020, 12:47 PM   #24
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
I don’t know why some people on this forum think that if you buy a used ZL1 then it must have been abused or dogged out by the original owner! People that usually buy a ZL1 are in the upper class/adults that have plenty of money to buy a car like that unlike us working folks do. Not every Tom, Dick, Harry, Sue and Jane have the money to buy a new ZL1!
Not every used zl1 had been beaten and abused, that's a fact. However you don't have to get offended at the thought of someone warning that it possible may have been abused. Zl1's are budget "supercar" performance level cars that can be attained by a lot of younger people whether they can really afford them or not, and a lot of them do get beat up on and used like they should be, but as long as it was maintened well and still has powertrain warranty left I don't see the issue with that.

Here in FL I've seen some zl1's and quite a few zle's, and all of the ones I see regularly are driven by guys under 40. I'm sure mature older guys buy them but so do many younger guys. Being cautious about it's condition is perfectly reasonable.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 12:48 PM   #25
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Also this threads been done before lol
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 02:31 PM   #26
Pupilbone

Quote:
Wow.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:04 PM   #27
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Yes I agree with you Robby and I’m not offended by what people are saying. I bought mine used because I couldn’t afford brand new and wasn’t going to pay the new price either.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:26 PM   #28
Pupilbone

Quote:
Quote:
Yes I agree with you Robby and I’m not offended by what people are saying. I bought mine used because I couldn’t afford brand new and wasn’t going to pay the new price either.
LT4Greg, you keep swiping but I’m unsure as to why?

3 points:

1. The concept of bagging sports cars and unloading them when problems arise wasn’t invented by me, and I assure you the issue exists despite your vigorous denial. My advising to be careful with this doesn’t however equate to my singling you out because you purchased your car used. In fact my 2017 2SS was purchased by me with 6000km on her odometer. I was careful with the purchase as I’m sure you were, and my car was flawless.

2. Yes I did purchase my current Camaro new. Please don’t new car shame me (or others), for doing so. To each there own would be good words to reflect on here I think.

3. Stop being mean!

PS: I work hard too.

Lol.