Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-30-2019, 06:04 PM   #15
Tyestick

Drives: 19’ Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
the result using launch control is far worse. at least with regard to getting off the line.
I’ve experienced the complete opposite when getting it off the line.

What kind of issue are you having where using launch control is ‘far worse’?
Old 11-30-2019, 08:14 PM   #16
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyestick View Post
I’ve experienced the complete opposite when getting it off the line.

What kind of issue are you having where using launch control is ‘far worse’?
the time required for the car to sort itself before accelerating is much more than dealing with the bog. i raced the same vehicle several times. with traction present, launch control always left me playing serious catch up.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:49 PM   #17
Tyestick

Drives: 19’ Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
the time required for the car to sort itself before accelerating is much more than dealing with the bog. i raced the same vehicle several times. with traction present, launch control always left me playing serious catch up.
Thank you for the insight.

During my (H)igh (P)erformance (D)riving (E)vents, my lap times were cut down considerably; whether it was rolling into the throttle, vs dumping the clutch. Launch control provided the quickest way to launch during the event.

It’s always refreshing to hear from other members and their experiences with their cars.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:13 PM   #18
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
if you’re trying to leave on a cold (stock) tire, i can see where LC would be quicker. i think the bog issue refers more to drag strips where guys are leaving in high traction scenarios after a burnout, typically on a drag wheel/tire.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:02 PM   #19
Oak78

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Has anyone successfully had this issue tuned out? I’m looking at a 2018 ZL1 1LE so an automatic isn’t optional or I would go that route. I don’t care about drag racing but at the same time I don’t want a 650hp car that can barely run 11s when the automatic can do it with ease.
Oak78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 08:25 AM   #20
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Now there is a ZL1 1LE with the A10 transmission
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:09 PM   #21
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
As far as I know the bog is only apparent on all V8 M6 SSes and ZL1s, and even a bit in the ZL1 A10.

Also I could be wrong with current tuning advancements but it was not possible to fix in the ECM tuning. However I heard if you swap out the stock fueling for a dual DI and Port Injection setup it is cured.

But it is only a big deal on a prepped track with a good launch. And more apparent with DRs. Even people watching notice the car falling over.

On the street you will never get enough traction to notice it. As I said it did stop me from buying an M6 ZL1 and as good as the A10 is I got bored with it.

Last edited by Fraxum; 12-03-2019 at 04:00 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:25 PM   #22
DannyC

Drives: 17 Camaro SS
From what I just read from the link provided by Zed Sled, the computers are programmed to keep full power off the transmission when dumping the clutch.

The A8 does something similar by closing the TB slightly during WOT launches. It actually sounds like I'm shifting a manual and letting off the gas during shifts. I wish there was a way around that. I could shift my old '69 Chevelle SS without letting off the gas at all.
DannyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 05:13 PM   #23
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
As far as I know the bog is only apparent on all V8 M6 SSes and ZL1s, and even a bit in the ZL1 A10.

Also I could be wrong with current tuning advancements but it was not possible to fix in the ECM tuning. However I heard if you swap out the stock fueling for a dual DI and Port Injection setup it is cured.

But it is only a big deal on a prepped track with a good launch. And more apparent with DRs. Even people watching notice the car falling over.

On the street you will never get enough traction to notice it. As I said it did stop me from buying an M6 ZL1 and as good as the A10 is I got bored with it.
If you follow pray on fb or ig you'll see that he's claimed the bog has been taken care of for a while now with tuning both NA and
boosted SS's. I know his bolt on and heads/cam m6 cars are launching super hard and he's getting into zl1's now.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 05:16 PM   #24
RobbyBeefcake87

I never remember to do so the few times I've taken the car to the strip but in the thread where Al discusses the bog and launch control it claims ptm race has a launch control for a prepped surface. Has anyone tried this?

Launch control on the street isn't terrible, but regular launch control on the strip sucks. It spins then bogs, worst of both worlds lol.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:39 PM   #25
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
If you follow pray on fb or ig you'll see that he's claimed the bog has been taken care of for a while now with tuning both NA and
boosted SS's. I know his bolt on and heads/cam m6 cars are launching super hard and he's getting into zl1's now.
Hats off to Pray then. He did tune my '16 SS, but I am sure he learned more over time. I will look him up once I get my next Camaro. Highly recommended.

Still unless you drag race on a prepped track it's a non-issue.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:41 PM   #26
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post

Launch control on the street isn't terrible, but regular launch control on the strip sucks. It spins then bogs, worst of both worlds lol.
LOL +1 with LC on my A10 ZL1 it could only just barely get into the 11s.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:30 PM   #27
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Hats off to Pray then. He did tune my '16 SS, but I am sure he learned more over time. I will look him up once I get my next Camaro. Highly recommended.

Still unless you drag race on a prepped track it's a non-issue.
Yea I'm sure he has. I follow him on social media and he gets better and better. He's got some impressive zl1's with basic bolt ons running good numbers and putting down power. His work on a NA cars speaks for itself.

He has an m6 ss H/C car running 9s that'll soon be deeper into the 9s.

Yea my 1le definately launches a lot easier on the street than the track.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:00 AM   #28
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
So much to my dismay it turns out my car does have this. I tested yesterday rolling in first gear with my foot of the gas then blipping the pedal a few times with basically no response for about half a second. I will say however that I’ve launched fairly hard a couple times and at higher rpm’s i didn’t seem to get the bog...
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote