Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-26-2019, 08:27 AM   #155
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
M.E & DCT were great developments toward a much better performance for the 2020 Corvette, that's Super car territory on cars costing $200+, and the C8 admission is just 60K. GM commented that they already had reached their FE top performance level, in order to improve they needed to move to ME chassis.
Aesthetically probably the C7 has been the most beautiful Corvette ever.
What disappoints a small segment of Corvette fans is the lack of a manual transmission option which was eliminated in order to reduce costs in developing another transmission and limited fitting space for a third pedal. Yes the DCT is the fastest alternative for tracking, but the shifting driving involvement would be missed. For those drivers there are some options:
1. Keep their C7 manual transmission Corvettes.
2. Camaro option, the last GM manual transmission Sport car.
3. Look elsewhere

4. Wait to see if the Corvette Z06 C8 could arrive with a manual transmission. Since GM already has a remote electronic clutch patent, that could be implemented to the Corvette. Let see on the coming years.
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:05 AM   #156
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
This.

I'm still looking, but shopping for a fully loaded 2ss with MRC, dual exhaust, auto trans, and couple other minor packages/appearance stuff and it will still be under ~45k out the door.

A base model vet will be stripped down so much that i'm not sure if I'd want to spend 10-15k more. I'd consider a 2LT with some options, but that price goes up quickly im sure to the 70+ range.
Well, keep looking. They should be out there.
I just got a 2018 Redline edition with 5xxx miles, MRC Dual mode exhaust, and a M6..... it was only 36k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
$10k is a lot of $$$$ to folks & will always be a deal killer for many buyers...it's a similar gap from the ss to the zl1 that is a deciding factor currently.

Yeah, there's a whole lot of people in here that forget $60k a year is a lot more than MOST people make.
For a lot of "common folk" Financing $40k or more just isn't practical, if even possible.

Lets say somebody wants to trade in a 6 year old fully loaded Camaro. Its gonna be a 5th Gen 13 or 14 model. They're looking at around $20k trade in value, so that puts a $60k just outside of their grasp, because even though 60-20=40, that's still not accounting for all the taxes and add on charges.

Not everybody can handle a $750+ monthly car payment.... much less the $1200+ that some of the people here are paying for their ZL1s or C7 Vettes

If it was that easy to just bump up to a $60k car, GM wouldn't even be making 6 cyl Camaros because everybody would be buying SS 1LE's and ZL1s
Old 07-26-2019, 11:48 AM   #157
HouseStark

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I was some what in between on the looks. At first it seemed to try to be kinda Ferrari looking and the rear to me looked like a squished and elongated tail end of my 6th gen Camaro. But it's definitely growing on me and I really like it now. I think it's going to crush C7 sales and definitely push ZL1 potential buyers to the C8. I would love to have one some day and move from my 1LE to a C8 but the fact it has no manual option is unacceptable to me. I don't get the obsession with numbers and figures I really don't. The simple truth is that 99% of buyers will never regularly track their Corvette if ever at all. If you have the money to risk a 60k+ investment, and an available track, and an abundance of track days available more power to you but I bet the data would back my notion that most will never compete with their Corvette. With that in mind who cares if the automatic is blah blah figure blah blah faster. Bring back the manuals and end it already
HouseStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:51 AM   #158
HouseStark

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
M.E & DCT were great developments toward a much better performance for the 2020 Corvette, that's Super car territory on cars costing $200+, and the C8 admission is just 60K. GM commented that they already had reached their FE top performance level, in order to improve they needed to move to ME chassis.
Aesthetically probably the C7 has been the most beautiful Corvette ever.
What disappoints a small segment of Corvette fans is the lack of a manual transmission option which was eliminated in order to reduce costs in developing another transmission and limited fitting space for a third pedal. Yes the DCT is the fastest alternative for tracking, but the shifting driving involvement would be missed. For those drivers there are some options:
1. Keep their C7 manual transmission Corvettes.
2. Camaro option, the last GM manual transmission Sport car.
3. Look elsewhere

4. Wait to see if the Corvette Z06 C8 could arrive with a manual transmission. Since GM already has a remote electronic clutch patent, that could be implemented to the Corvette. Let see on the coming years.
The electronic clutch is so gimmicky to me it's almost a slap in the face to it's legacy. At that point they're just spoon feeding the consumer like a baby like, "see it's honestly almost the same thing you have fun moving your arm around."

Either make a proper manual or don't.
HouseStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:58 AM   #159
Risky Justice

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
They should at least offer something with a converter for those that value reliability.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:59 PM   #160
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseStark View Post
I was some what in between on the looks. At first it seemed to try to be kinda Ferrari looking and the rear to me looked like a squished and elongated tail end of my 6th gen Camaro. But it's definitely growing on me and I really like it now. I think it's going to crush C7 sales and definitely push ZL1 potential buyers to the C8. I would love to have one some day and move from my 1LE to a C8 but the fact it has no manual option is unacceptable to me. I don't get the obsession with numbers and figures I really don't. The simple truth is that 99% of buyers will never regularly track their Corvette if ever at all. If you have the money to risk a 60k+ investment, and an available track, and an abundance of track days available more power to you but I bet the data would back my notion that most will never compete with their Corvette. With that in mind who cares if the automatic is blah blah figure blah blah faster. Bring back the manuals and end it already
99% will never track their corvette.... True.

80% didn't buy a manual.

That's the part you are neglecting.
Yes, the auto gives better performance, which is typically Chevy's number 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 top priority........ But there is also the GM Business side.

Think about... The Tremec Transmission in our Camaro is also used in SEVERAL other car models, from MULTIPLE manufacturers.
Corvette couldn't use a conventional transmission that was being used by multiple other cars.... because there aren't multiple other M.E. cars to share with.
So this means that they would have to have one made specifically for them........ and with such low volume of sales being stick shift, it wasn't worth the money to GM, or the potential supply, to produce a low volume transmission that couldn't / wouldn't be shared elsewhere.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:59 PM   #161
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank237 View Post
Visit the Corvette forums...There are are a thousand guys with DEPOSITS down, some of them not refundable....on a car most haven't even SEEN, much less sat in and tried out for size. These same guys don't even know what the ACTUAL PRICING will be either.

NO ONE is moving to the Camaro because of the C8, it's going to be the opposite. I'm already plotting on how to get out of my 1SS and get a C-8 come next Spring/Summer. The car is an absolute game changer.
I've had a Deposit on one for about 6 months - fully refundable
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 01:05 PM   #162
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Anyone considering the move to mid-engine architecture with conventional coil sprung suspension takes away the "vettes ride on leafs" argument from the brand and opens up the Corvette to have sub-brands with front-engine cars?

Because I don't think GM is going to straight up kill the Camaro, I feel they will fill the gap below the Corvette by expand that as a sub-brand.
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 02:52 PM   #163
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
it should hook better than a camaro with the engine in that location
Yep, but some people are saying a road race package is the sub 3.0, maybe, maybe not. My point is out of the entire package Z51 the ONLY thing for sure that contributes to 0-60 are the tires.... I'm sure as demonstrated and as I've already stated the C8 in ANY form will kill the vast majority of ANYTHING, including my full built Camaro in a street fight.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 02:54 PM   #164
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
to have MRC, blind spot monitoring, HUD, and all the other premium features that you can't get on a base model Corvette.

you have to remember, the same reason Canaro sales tanked, most drivers aren't solely focused on performance stats.
this is simplistic. The point is sub 60k gets a car that can do 3.0 or better 0-60 times... and that is a price point that people that want the performance are willing to give up "premium features". I think the exact opposite, there are many many people that would take a "stripped" Vette over a "premium feature" Camaro.

Also this is so initial, other than MRC, I'm sure there will be many other Vette packages.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:55 PM   #165
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
to have MRC, blind spot monitoring, HUD, and all the other premium features that you can't get on a base model Corvette.

you have to remember, the same reason Canaro sales tanked, most drivers aren't solely focused on performance stats.
My SS has none of that nor do I want any of it and I'm glad I'm not paying for it. If/when I get a C8, I'll happily get a base model without and save thousands.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 02:58 PM   #166
lowrred

Drives: 16ss, Ram, r32
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
My SS has none of that nor do I want any of it and I'm glad I'm not paying for it. If/when I get a C8, I'll happily get a base model without and save thousands.
Agreed.. Sold my 1SS in preparation for this move.
lowrred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 03:02 PM   #167
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
this is simplistic. The point is sub 60k gets a car that can do 3.0 or better 0-60 times... and that is a price point that people that want the performance are willing to give up "premium features". I think the exact opposite, there are many many people that would take a "stripped" Vette over a "premium feature" Camaro.

Also this is so initial, other than MRC, I'm sure there will be many other Vette packages.
This ^

I would rather have less features in a Corvette than a fully loaded Camaro.

That's how we ended up getting an Explorer for the wife. Instead of a fully loaded Edge, we moved up and got a decently equipped Explorer - that still had everything we wanted + none of teh stuff that came in option packages we didn't want.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 04:19 PM   #168
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
word