Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - California

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-15-2020, 01:26 PM   #1
sdavis2702

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
FOR SALE (San Diego) - 2017 2SS A8 - Arctic Blue Metallic

Let's do this! Long story short, I'm moving from San Diego to Chicago and I do not wish to take VaneSSa with me. Plain and simple.

Price and pics (linked) at the bottom.

Specs:

YEAR: 2017
MILES: ~ 11,600
THE GOODS: 6.2L LT1 - 8 Speed Auto
TRIM: 2SS
COLOR: Arctic Blue Metallic with black rally stripes
MODS: Front & back Chevy bow-tie swap (from gold to black). THAT'S IT.

History of the car:

Purchased brand new December 27, 2017 with ~167 miles on it. ONE OWNER. It has never been taken to the track. I live downtown San Diego and I work from home (web developer). 90% of the time, the car is four stories deep in my high rise building's underground parking garage. So while the car has seen rain before, it has never been parked for extended periods of time in the sun or any sort of inclement weather.

Maybe a dozen times in the last two years, I've driven the car to Los Angeles and back (never on the same day). So the vast majority of "long" drives were no more than 120 miles or so. Once, I drove from Los Angeles to San Francisco. That's definitely the longest drive. Besides those two cases, my average drive would be no more than 10 miles. That's like going to my gym, a trip to Ikea, etc.

The truth is I didn't need the car. I've had a 91 Z28, and 95 Z28, and a 98 Trans Am in the past. So I really just wanted it because... you know... I love these cars. But in reality, I have no use for it. I tend to go two weeks on average without even seeing the car down in our parking garage. Again, I live downtown San Diego, so I literally walk everywhere.

Why I'm selling:

Every few years or so, I move to another city. I'm originally from St. Louis and I spent nearly a decade in the Army. Bouncing around is my thing. I've been in San Diego since October of 2015, about two years before buying the car.

Now I'm done checking out San Diego and I'd like to see what living in Chicago is like. In preparing for this move, I've sold nearly all of my possessions. The rest are in boxes waiting for me to ship them USPS to my new apartment in Chicago. I can also ship the car there. However, I want to take a shot at selling it before then. Otherwise, I'm just going to sell it when I get there. I absolutely will not need it there (I don't even need it here).

THERE ARE NO OTHER MOTIVES.

Accidents:

I parked in the very back of the Target parking lot one evening. Someone appeared backed into my front passenger side fender. No structural damage. I'm a pretty stress free dude, so I didn't care to fight with Target over video footage. I reported it to my insurance, paid the deductible, had it repaired immediately with the body shop connected to the dealership where I purchased the car, and they handled everything perfectly. Problem solved in less than a month.

Maintenance:

Long story short, I've taken it into the dealership for three services already... oil change, and all that jazz. I have the paper trail.

Pictures:

Here's an album I just made: https://imgur.com/a/x18fJjB

********** PRICE **********

$31,500

KBB says I can get ~$33,000 private party.

My name is SEAN. My history with these cars began almost 20 years ago on Z28.com: https://www.z28.com/members/sdavis2702.11699/

TEXT me at 314-479-9195 if you have any questions.

I'm willing to sell immediately, but I am not desperate. I leave in a couple of weeks. If no one is immediately interested, I have to pull the ad and start working on shipping the car.

If you see the value, let's make it happen. I don't plan on going much lower. A better (maybe) alternative would be to ship it to Chicago and then sell it without a time crunch.

Thanks!
Old 01-22-2020, 11:29 AM   #2
sdavis2702

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Gonna take the car with me to Chicago. Shipping is booked now since I'm cutting it so close. So there's a chance this thread will never be relevant again. Feel free to lock!

Thanks for looking!