Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-25-2024, 03:51 AM   #1
Texas1ss

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS, M6, NPP, Mag Ride
PO23F and PO69E. Don't get scammed.

Just a heads-up for anybody pulling these codes and having a no start or the car just completely shutting off 100 percent when driving and being put in a dangerous situation.

I could make a 10 page post about the hell and BS I went through and the thousands of dollars the dealership scammed my extended warranty out of on these codes, including the hundreds of dollars in rental car fees I paid while they did service to my vehicle that was unnecessary.

These are fuel pump codes, but if your problem is intermittent the likely culprit could possibly be the chassis control module that's in our trunk on the driver's side.

For some reason PIN 13, or others, could become loose and cause these issues. The module is kind of loose and moves around while driving causing issues. Now that the problem is fixed on my car I need to get in there and zip tie it down tight.

After a fuel pump change from the one dealer who were padding their books, having the exact same problems and codes a month later, I took it to a different Chevy dealer. He diagnosed the problem and found it in the wiring to the module, just like I saw in a YouTube video I watched, which I mentioned to him.

For people out of warranty I feel bad. That was over a 2k repair the first time I didn't need. The wiring problem was 300 bucks.

Get a second opinion. Some dealers just want to use the codes to justify making cash from extended warranties chasing them for what on paper looks legit, but is bullshit, while you're out a car a couple of months. It's crazy.
Texas1ss is offline   Reply With Quote