-Rpi rear spoiler
-25mm rear and 20mm front wheel spacers
-Advance auto wheel locks
-Nightshade rear tail lights
-Chevy sonic TURBO emblem
-Catch can and modded air/oil separator
-Home brew cold air intake with custom airbox
-3m matte black hood wrap
-BMW 343 20" summer wheels (Cooper RS3 305-35r20 rear and 275-35r20 front)
-Saleen 18" black 5-spoke wheels with Federal Himalaya WS2 245/45/18 tires (winter wheels)
- Mishi pcv catch can.
-Upgraded throttle body and tmap tube.
-Rev9 catted-less downpipe.
-Electric cutout
-Drivers seat fire extinguisher
-ZZP remote tune
-JacFab Boost-a-lator
-NGK 6510 plugs (one step colder)
-ZZP Front mount intercooler
-ATS 4 piston front Brembo's
-E85 sensor
-new (used) 2018 camaro engine with 35k. Replaced at 68k.
-3.73 SS gears

Mods on deck:

-Need more power!
-Smaller rear tires.
-Skinny front tires.
-Home made sprectrum lighting.
-Turbobay stage 2 turbo
-1LE shorter throw shifter

Should of started this a long time ago due to all the stuff that's been done to the car. Bought this a year ago on black friday for almost 5k under the msrp from Jerry's Chevrolet in Leesburg, Va. Drove 4 hours from Pittsburgh for the deal because it was the only manual with a sunroof and the bose system that wasn't an RS. It even came with 20" murdered out rims!

First mod was to black out the gold bow ties. No pictures of this but it was pretty straight forward. 2 pieces of black vinyl you cut to shape and flatten out with a credit card. If I were to do it again, it'd probably be easier to just tape off and paint black.

Last edited by turbojeep95; 09-25-2021 at 08:18 AM.
turbojeep95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:49 PM   #2
turbojeep95

Drives: 17 Camaro lt, 22 Camaro LT1
Next mod was to push out these wheels to give the car some stance. I settled on 25mm spacers for the rear and 20mm for the front. The 25's on the front were just a little too far past the fender and sand blasted my rockers after only 2k miles. 25mm on the front require no mods with the factory rims but the 20mm's require the little stubs on the lugs to be trimmed off. Also, if you want to run wheel locks, the stud with the lock on it needs the nub trimmed off to fully seat.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:56 PM   #3
turbojeep95

Loved the look one of the member's here did with his tail lights so I decided to give it a shot. I'm not paying $400 for GM tail lights when nightshades is only $8 a can. lol. The tape job took about 30 mins and spraying only about 5. I absolutely love the way they turned out! Just enough red to contrast with the black now.

Old 12-08-2017, 01:03 PM   #4
turbojeep95

The RPI rear spoiler install was one of my more popular mods on this forum. pjz1082 was super nice in selling me his used. It shipped in black with a few scratches but nothing a can of flat black rustoleum can't fix. I wish I took some pics of the install but I was way too paranoid drilling holes in the trunk of my brand new car at the time. Spoiler comes with a brown paper template to mark and drill the holes. I put a ton of 3m double sided tape to assist the bolts in mounting the spoiler to the trunk and this things not going anywhere! The spacers with the spoiler totally change the look of this car so now it won't be confused with a malibu or some other sedan. lol

Last edited by turbojeep95; 12-08-2017 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:19 PM   #5
turbojeep95

Chevy Sonic turbo emblem. Easy, cheap install. Just peel the back off the emblem and stick were you want it.

I'm not going to go over it again but here's the link to the BMW wheel thread on the camaro. If your looking for a bargain on wheels, there's plenty of BMW rims out there to be had for a cheap upgrade. Most have the same 5x120 bolt pattern as our cars and can be run with the addition of some hubcentric spacers.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=500038

Old 12-08-2017, 01:24 PM   #6
turbojeep95

Saw a post on the ATS forum about a home made intake. The thread included a nice little grocery list of everything needed for the install. The prices of CAI's for these cars is a little too high for my wallet so this was a great and fun upgrade for me. Link to the thread is below.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508158

Last edited by turbojeep95; 12-08-2017 at 10:50 PM.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:49 AM   #7
turbojeep95

Next mod was an accident for a win kinda deal. It happened right after I put the new rims and tires on the car and I had it parked in the loading dock at work to check the tire pressures. Well, someone put a metal filing cabinet in the entry-way during a windy day while the main door of the hanger was open. Winds started gusting and blew hard enough to blow the dang thing onto the hood of my car! After the initial shock wore off, initial examination showed the hood was badly scratched and had some dents. Rather than turn it into insurance and pay a $500 deductible, I sanded and puttied the dents and paid $250 for a 3m matte black hood wrap.

Like a phoenix from the ashes of defeat! Love how it turned out! Totally covered all the scratches and both dents. There's still a couple blemishes on the top of the front fascia but I can live with those.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:13 AM   #8
turbojeep95

So the summer pilot sports need to go and the stock wheels are back on, but with one problem. The front tires still have a lot of meat on them but the rears seemed to wear prematurely. lol. Not sure how that could of happened.

Picked these guys up from walmart for about $240 mounted and balanced. Anteres Majoris m5's in 255/40/20 barley fit back there and I have only slight rubbing on my $10 splash guards. They're categorized as an all season tire but have some decent horizontal tread so they'll do better than the stock tires in the snow. They got some good reviews and for the price I can't complain. So far 0 complaints with 4k on these tires.

Picked up this guy to reset my tire pressure sensors. The little orange light drives me nuts!

Last edited by turbojeep95; 01-07-2018 at 07:40 AM.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:08 PM   #9
turbojeep95

Had some fun with a hot wheels toy earlier this year. Got bored at walmart and found this while walking by the hot wheels bin. I mean for .94 cents it had to come home!

Well, then we got bored playing with it at work and decided to take it apart. lol. First the rivets needed drilled out and the car comes apart in 4 main pieces.

Next, it went into my favorite machine in the world, the sand blaster. I spend hours at this thing blasting old yamaha enduro parts into a clean metal canvas to restore.

Found a close color match for my car at the local auto parts store called gunmetal grey. Quick shot of primer, 2 coats of gunmetal base, and a coat of clear and the body is ready for assembly and detail.

Old 12-11-2017, 08:18 PM   #10
turbojeep95

Rolling hard!

Had to color the hood with a sharpie after the whole filing cabinet accident. Over all its a fun little accent to stick on the dash while at car shows.

Old 12-16-2017, 07:20 PM   #11
turbojeep95

Couldn't wait till Christmas to play with my new catch can! Mishimoto pcv side can shipped in only 4 days! The box contents included a mounting bracket, catch can, 3 lines, a pcv tap, and a little penguin air freshener that my girlfriend stole immediately. lol

Got my work area set up with a ikea lamp hanging from an extension chord on a nail. Don't want to work outside in the snow and 20 degree temps and had to improvise.

I hate this plug! Have to remove this due to the new tap threads into this port. In the instructional video the plug came out with an allen wrench. Tried that, and hex and torx heads on a screw driver. Then had the screwdriver in vice grips, and what finally broke it loose was vice grips on the plug itself.

If it wasn't for that plug the system would of installed in about 30 mins. This project took me an hour and a half. This thing does work well and bolts nicely on the battery brackets. Drove the car to work for a couple days and checked it for the heck of it. Caught a 1/4 of a can of oily condensation already!

Last edited by turbojeep95; 12-16-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:52 PM   #12
turbojeep95

Blah! The weather is cold and miserable right now and its all but impossible to keep the salt off. Still having some fun in the snow with the car and its been performing flawlessly in the below freezing temps. Donuts in third gear really slings the white stuff.

Had a member from a facebook camaro turbo forum list some go fast parts for sale and couldn't resist. There's a catless downpipe on the way as well as an upgraded throttle body and charge pipe! Can't wait till they arrive.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:17 PM   #13
turbojeep95

Woohooo!

https://youtu.be/W5fhfBk5hIE
Old 01-07-2018, 07:51 AM   #14
turbojeep95

Look what I found! A used ZZP catless downpipe and bigger throttle body kit came to me this week. Only thing not included was the coupler to connect the tmap tube to the new throttle body. I ordered a red silicone 2.5" to 2.75" 90 degree bend that should come in by wednesday.

Couldn't leave the new tb in the stock silver color so tried to take it apart for paint. It has 6 spring clips that pop off with gentle prying from a screw driver. However, I was afraid to tug any harder to get the black plastic solenoid assembly off. When the old tb comes off I'll experiment more with the disassembly.

Just taped off the rest and threw on a coat of red. Can't wait to see how it looks on the car later this week!

Last edited by turbojeep95; 07-02-2019 at 10:16 PM.