Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 04-17-2021, 07:21 AM   #1
Essmotorsports

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2018
Velossa Tech scoop and MAP Kpa

Has anyone done testing with a velossa tech scoop to see if thier claim of higher frontal area pressure equates to better MAP Kpa readings? Makes sense to me if it can slightly pressurize intake area it could improve Kpa closer to 100. I'm seeing 95 to 96 at 6400 rpm.
Essmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 12:42 PM   #2
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Last year I did add and remove parts to gather some data on this topic. I’m going to update this after I make some changes this year.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573635

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 02:39 PM   #3
WhitesnakeSS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
I can tell ya what I know.
Before I installed my Velossa ram air my MPH was 92 to 93.5 for a solid year. Spring through fall. Approximately 15-20 runs.
The next year the only thing I added was the Velossa ram air. I ran from March to about Sept (near the same amount of runs)and the entire year I averaged 94.5 to around 95 MPH.
So from one year to the next with nothing but the addition of the Velossa I seen a increase of 1.5 MPH in the 1/8.
My ET was about the same. Maybe little more on cooler days but the MPH was a consistent increase.
So take it for what it's worth.
CAI cold air box
Vellosa ram air
MBRP axle back
E85 Flex fuel sensor
Tuned by GPI
WhitesnakeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 05:04 PM   #4
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
I highly doubt it has any ram air effect, it may possibly have a tiny bit on the stock intake. Once you switch to an aftermarket intake there just no way. Too many places for the air to escape into the engine bay. The only benefit I saw was potentially decreasing IATs.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:10 PM   #5
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
I highly doubt it has any ram air effect, it may possibly have a tiny bit on the stock intake. Once you switch to an aftermarket intake there just no way. Too many places for the air to escape into the engine bay. The only benefit I saw was potentially decreasing IATs.
+1

I am willing to bet it's 5-10 hp on a stock/aftermarket box that can be sealed (pressurized). The power difference is noticeable.

Roto-fab or GM CAI style boxes can not be pressurized and it is a waste of time.