Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-06-2021, 03:00 AM   #1
My20162SS

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS A8
CAI Tuning help

Hey so I just installed a K&N CAI system a few months ago on my 2016 2SS A8 and could tell a difference in performance right away. I know it's not required to modify your tune after installing a CAI however I personally think it would be a great idea to do so. My question is how do I go about doing that? I have the HP Tuners setup but I'm not sure what I need to do. Any help I'd really appreciate!!
My20162SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 06:45 AM   #2
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by My20162SS View Post
Hey so I just installed a K&N CAI system a few months ago on my 2016 2SS A8 and could tell a difference in performance right away. I know it's not required to modify your tune after installing a CAI however I personally think it would be a great idea to do so. My question is how do I go about doing that? I have the HP Tuners setup but I'm not sure what I need to do. Any help I'd really appreciate!!
Probably not worth the effort on that CAI. If you really want to anyway, you’ll need a wideband installed so that you can see what’s happening at wide open throttle. Idle and part throttle tuning can be accomplished with the car’s regular narrow band O2s.

Watch some videos by Goat Rope Garage for starters. Take Greg Banish’s Calibrated Success video courses or The Tuning School courses if you think tuning is for you.
Old 11-27-2021, 12:04 AM   #3
SS_AL

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS l4 turbo
Just set up your HP Tuner program to read your MAF frequency (EQ ERR Ratio), if you're familiar with how HP works, make a run, drive around for about 20 minutes to get a lot of information on your MAF frequency table, hitting all of the cells, I usually use 5 cell hits for a more accurate read, then simply copy the scanner frequency reading, and paste special either multiply by half or by % depending how far off your scanner reading is.
SS_AL is offline   Reply With Quote