Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Phastek Performance

Old 03-12-2021, 10:07 PM   #15
NA18CamaroSS

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
My big issue now is trying to find out why my Wideband says im 20 to30% lean at idle. My VVe log says im rich and my MAF says im good. Makes no sense!!
Check for vacuum leaks at the intake manifold. My MSD was leaking and my idle trims were +30%, but above 1500 RPM the trims were good. Small exhaust leaks shouldn't cause your trims to be that out of whack.
Old 03-13-2021, 06:23 AM   #16
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by NA18CamaroSS View Post
Check for vacuum leaks at the intake manifold. My MSD was leaking and my idle trims were +30%, but above 1500 RPM the trims were good. Small exhaust leaks shouldn't cause your trims to be that out of whack.
Mystery solved.. The collector was leaking and it appeared it was drawing fresh air with the pulses causing the wb sensor that sits appx a foot behind that location to read lean. I put a heat bandage and the clamp over that and now it reads normal again. I am disappointed in the American Racing Header collector fitment into there long exhaust cause both sides leaked. Even tried new clamps but still leaked. For that much money I expected a better fit(no leaks).

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 11:34 PM   #17
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
Mystery solved.. The collector was leaking and it appeared it was drawing fresh air with the pulses causing the wb sensor that sits appx a foot behind that location to read lean. I put a heat bandage and the clamp over that and now it reads normal again. I am disappointed in the American Racing Header collector fitment into there long exhaust cause both sides leaked. Even tried new clamps but still leaked. For that much money I expected a better fit(no leaks).
Yeah you would think for almost 3 grand for some of these headers they could at least make a product that sealed. You basically get a product with sometimes questionable fitment along with turning your nice new sports car into a old farm truck/work van with exhaust leaks. I am really thinking about going back to stock headers, if I had a flow bench and proper porting tools and knew how to port I would defiantly go back to the stock headers. I really wish a company would make headers that actually attempted to suppress radiated noise, it baffles me how all these people put headers on for the "sound", I guess I am just that much different from everyone else haha.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 09:46 AM   #18
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
Yeah you would think for almost 3 grand for some of these headers they could at least make a product that sealed. You basically get a product with sometimes questionable fitment along with turning your nice new sports car into a old farm truck/work van with exhaust leaks. I am really thinking about going back to stock headers, if I had a flow bench and proper porting tools and knew how to port I would defiantly go back to the stock headers. I really wish a company would make headers that actually attempted to suppress radiated noise, it baffles me how all these people put headers on for the "sound", I guess I am just that much different from everyone else haha.
Agree, I had the same thoughts myself as well... While I haven’t had any leaks, the noise from the headers always makes you wonder if you do. Lol. But I’ve debated investing some time and effort into having the OEM exhaust manifolds ported out and then reinstalling them.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:29 AM   #19
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
I believe this is why CSP worked with stainless works to create a header that has a flange seal, fits like a glove, and also works with the stock plug wires. Most headers require aftermarket angled plug wires to keep from touching the primaries.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote