Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 03-15-2021, 08:56 AM   #1
LuciusAelius

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LT RS 2.0
Racechip RS and GTS seem to have problems. What about the Racechip S?

As detailed by users like wookwook, zts1986, and others, it seems like there are some optimization problems when running RC RS and especially the GTS on the LTG engine. Mostly, it looks like the device cannot be used to its maximum extent (settings 5/6 on the RS; 5/6/7 on the GTS) without engine cut offs at weird RPM ranges, or knocking.

I wonder, has anything used the RC S? Do the aforementioned issues manifest themselves as well? I'd assume it's less likely, but if anyone actually bought one and tested it out I'd like to know what their experiences were.

The main reason I ask is to do with the pricing vs benefits. If the RC S model can be used maximally (setting 5), why bother spending almost double the cash for the GTS, or even the RS, without being able to enjoy the latter two's full capacity. Price-wise we're talking: S - 279USD, RS - 399USD, GTS - currently discounted at 499USD (original is 599). The RS is supposed to give you +43hp and the GTS +52hp, which sounds great, but those are only possible at setting 6 and 7 respectively, which cannot be used due to the device's lack of optimization with the engine.

So yeah, anyone had a chance to play around with the RC S on their Camaro?

Last edited by LuciusAelius; 03-15-2021 at 09:10 AM.
LuciusAelius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ltg, racechip