Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-15-2018, 09:01 AM   #29
KJM

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
It did seem sketchy but I used Facebook payment with mine. (I bought the Cold Air Inductions one) He did end up providing tracking and I felt fuzzy about it all the way until I received it brand new. Looks like he may not be stayin true anymore from the sounds of it. GOOD LUCK
KJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 11:47 AM   #30
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
He finally just messaged me back and said it is supposed to be delivered tomorrow (Friday), so I guess we’ll see what happens! But he still won’t give me the tracking number!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:48 AM   #31
wrankin
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
He finally just messaged me back and said it is supposed to be delivered tomorrow (Friday), so I guess we’ll see what happens! But he still won’t give me the tracking number!
Let us know how things turn out

Bill
2013 2SS / RS - AGM / Jet Black (sold)
1970 1/2 Z/28 Classic Copper / Tan (sold many years ago)
wrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:43 AM   #32
blazzin1

Well, as I expected things did NOT turn out good. I went on a short cruise that left Thursday, and Mr. “Snows” said the FedEx package would be delivered on Friday. Had my neighbor intensely watching the house for my package delivery. Just got back this morning, no package, no delivery slip, nothing. I have already requested a full refund, but pretty sure that probably won’t go well either!
Old 03-18-2018, 01:47 PM   #33
blazzin1

My response from “Snows” today after asking for my refund! I will be contacting my Credit Union tomorrow, but I don’t think I’ll ever see my money again!!
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2018, 02:38 PM   #34
Turbo_J89

Drives: 2015 BVM Camaro 1LE (2SS/RS)
I'd bet $20 he had X number of intakes to sell and already sold out but planned to scam someone after he built up a decent reputation. I'd throw another $20 down saying his account wasn't hacked and those texts came from him. I hope you are able to somehow dispute this and get a refund.

Please leave him some negative feedback and contact a forum moderator if he tries doing the same to you in return to protect someone else from being scammed under the same profile...

Last edited by Turbo_J89; 03-18-2018 at 02:51 PM.
Turbo_J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 02:46 PM   #35
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_J89 View Post
I'd bet $20 he had X number of intakes to sell and already sold out but planned to scam someone after he built up a decent reputation. I'd throw another $20 down saying his account wasn't hacked and those texts came from him. I hope you are able to somehow dispute this and get a refund.

Please leave him some negative feedback and contact a forum moderator if he tries doing the same to you in return to protect someone else from being scammed under the same profile...
Yep, working to submit a dispute with my Credit Union now, and have already contacted Mike Lee about this, so hopefully no one else gets scammed like I did.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:44 PM   #36
KJM

Hey, so sorry to hear about all this going on with him! Not sure what happened to him because my sale went flawless. He added my on facebook and that is how I payed him and he provided picture proof and tracking. "turbo_j98" may be onto something with his idea.

His name on Facebook was "Bo Way"

Good luck and hope you get your money!
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2018, 04:59 PM   #37
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM View Post
Hey, so sorry to hear about all this going on with him! Not sure what happened to him because my sale went flawless. He added my on facebook and that is how I payed him and he provided picture proof and tracking. "turbo_j98" may be onto something with his idea.

His name on Facebook was "Bo Way"

Good luck and hope you get your money!
Yeah, see I think his Camaro6 account must have been hacked because he told me (through Camaro6 private message) that his Facebook name was “Bandman Brown”. I looked at his FB Page and thought it didn’t look too “respectable”, but he showed me past feedback from previous customer that we’re all happy with his service, one of them I believe was YOU! I even PM’d ”Nikef72” (previous customer) prior to sending him any money, who also said he was legit. So, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if someone has taken over his account, and made the fake post claiming that he had more of these intakes available! Lesson Learned....next time....buy from an authorized distributor!!!
Old 03-18-2018, 05:10 PM   #38
KJM

Yeah, that may very well be the case. A real shame that this type of crap goes on.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:39 PM   #39
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Yea something is fishy here. When I posted that I was interested, I received a PM from Snows. He asked how I wanted to pay, I said PayPal. Then he said he don't do PayPal....so he recommended Facebook payment. So I end up getting a friend request from Bo Way. I sent a PM asking "Snows" if this was him, he said no he is "Bandman Brown". So I gave him my name and he messaged me on FB and sent a invoice. I sent money thru FB and the transaction was canceled. So I said once the money was back in my account we would try the next method which was Cashapp. 3 days later I sent money via Cash app, the transaction was canceled "for my protection". I tried once more this time using a CC instead of debit and the same result. Bandman then insisted I try sending it to "his wife's account" and that is when I knew something was up. So I bailed on the deal. I should have known better, I normally never do stuff like this.

I ended up buying a RF dry with Sound delete from Juiced Motorsports for a good price.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:29 AM   #40
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
I ended up buying a RF dry with Sound delete from Juiced Motorsports for a good price.
That's exactly who I was going to buy from too, before I got scammed trying to get an even better deal. If my Credit Union replaces the lost money, I'll go back to Juiced to get all my stuff!!! I have bought and sold a LOT of parts here on Camaro6 and Camaro5, and never had a problem. I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:31 AM   #41
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
The Facebook account "bandman brown" has been closed.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:54 AM   #42
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
The Facebook account "bandman brown" has been closed.
HA! Good! I reported it yesterday as a fraudulent account!