Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-08-2023, 03:50 PM   #71
Brucey0317

Drives: 2017 SS Sedan, 16 Silverado 15 Z/28
Man, I don’t think I want my Z/28 anymore. The thought of it sitting on a lot all by itself and nobody wanting it when it was new just ruins it for me now. I’m lost I just don’t know what to do now. Maybe I’ll just go buy a dime a dozen ZL1 or 1LE now. Crap, come to think of it I’m gonna need to get rid of my SS sedan too. It probably sat on a lot all by itself for a year too.
Brucey0317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 04:58 PM   #72
FASTFATBOY

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucey0317 View Post
Man, I don’t think I want my Z/28 anymore. The thought of it sitting on a lot all by itself and nobody wanting it when it was new just ruins it for me now. I’m lost I just don’t know what to do now. Maybe I’ll just go buy a dime a dozen ZL1 or 1LE now. Crap, come to think of it I’m gonna need to get rid of my SS sedan too. It probably sat on a lot all by itself for a year too.
Can't drive it, might drop a valve and the miles makes it further out before it appreciates.

I mean, the Z28 isn't a GNX.
Old 02-08-2023, 07:45 PM   #73
Vinmar9

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #48 CTF|White, 2012 e63
Any true Chevy/Camaro enthusiast wouldn't talk shit to the levels of SLOWFATGIRL.
Vinmar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 08:36 AM   #74
GeneRoss

Drives: 14 Z/28 #368 02 SS(sold) 2012 Equus
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY View Post
Pretty much. People are doting over a car that sat on lots 2-3 years because no one wanted it.

But hey, to each their own.
Lmao no one wants Gen 6 Camaro neither. And they are better cars than the Mustang and Challenger, PERIOD.

You sound like you're salty because you missed to chance to buy a Z/28 when they were going for 40K or less.

1LE is nice and super fast. It doesn't "crush" the Z/28 in anything lol. And 0.1 second difference between lap times can go either way. Chances as the race goes on after 10 laps the Z will be marginally faster with each lap. They ride on nearly the same track tires and the 1LE comes with Goodyear F1 supercars which is also a pretty aggressive tire. Aside from the amazing Gen 6 Chassis the Z/28 has the better hardware for the race track, hence the expensive price over the 1LE. Motors, suspension, aero, and brakes are all better on the Z/28. they made 1,801 Z/28s so the price was high due to the small numbers.
2014 Z/28 #368
GeneRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 10:32 AM   #75
JRowe500

Drives: Camaro z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinmar9 View Post
Any true Chevy/Camaro enthusiast wouldn't talk shit to the levels of SLOWFATGIRL.
I think the chubby ladies problem is she doesn't have a Z28. Years from now a Camaro SS will just be that, an SS oh maybe with the 1le package. Nobody will care. But if you have a Z28, you have a Z28. Just sayin.
JRowe500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 12:43 PM   #76
FASTFATBOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneRoss View Post
Lmao no one wants Gen 6 Camaro neither. And they are better cars than the Mustang and Challenger, PERIOD.

You sound like you're salty because you missed to chance to buy a Z/28 when they were going for 40K or less.

1LE is nice and super fast. It doesn't "crush" the Z/28 in anything lol. And 0.1 second difference between lap times can go either way. Chances as the race goes on after 10 laps the Z will be marginally faster with each lap. They ride on nearly the same track tires and the 1LE comes with Goodyear F1 supercars which is also a pretty aggressive tire. Aside from the amazing Gen 6 Chassis the Z/28 has the better hardware for the race track, hence the expensive price over the 1LE. Motors, suspension, aero, and brakes are all better on the Z/28. they made 1,801 Z/28s so the price was high due to the small numbers.
Are you saying a F1 Supercar tire and a Trofeo R are the same as far as track times?

Laughable.

Put both cars on the same make of tire and watch the 1LE close the gap on bigger tracks and spread the gap on smaller ones.

The Z28 is a car with no place, buy one and sit on it for 30 years. After inflation it might be profitable.

I'm just saying I fail to see the drooling here, no one wanted them sitting on lots for 2-3 years and no one wants them now.

The Ford GT and C8 Vettes were sold before they ever hit the ground. These they damn near gave away sitting on lots for 2-3 years.
Old 02-09-2023, 12:44 PM   #77
FASTFATBOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRowe500 View Post
I think the chubby ladies problem is she doesn't have a Z28. Years from now a Camaro SS will just be that, an SS oh maybe with the 1le package. Nobody will care. But if you have a Z28, you have a Z28. Just sayin.

Resulted to name calling, you must be proud.
Old 02-09-2023, 01:02 PM   #78
ZED/28

Drives: '69 Camaro LSX/T56 & '14 Z/28 LPE+
Quote:
Are you saying a F1 Supercar tire and a Trofeo R are the same as far as track times?

Laughable.

Put both cars on the same make of tire and watch the 1LE close the gap on bigger tracks and spread the gap on smaller ones.

The Z28 is a car with no place, buy one and sit on it for 30 years. After inflation it might be profitable.

I'm just saying I fail to see the drooling here, no one wanted them sitting on lots for 2-3 years and no one wants them now.

The Ford GT and C8 Vettes were sold before they ever hit the ground. These they damn near gave away sitting on lots for 2-3 years.
wait you have a 13 ZL1? not sure what you're going on about??
the ZL1 you have is a great car, but why are you going on and on about cars you don't even own?
Trolling?
ZED/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 01:56 PM   #79
JRowe500

Quote:
Resulted to name calling, you must be proud.
Yes I am very proud.

Aren't you just spouting off too. Relax.
Old 02-09-2023, 02:22 PM   #80
GeneRoss

Drives: 14 Z/28 #368 02 SS(sold) 2012 Equus
Quote:

Laughable.

Dude youre the one talking about 0.1 seconds lol. The Z/28 is the faster car. The 1LE will get walked on bigger tracks. You have no clue what you're talking about. The Z/28 is 2-3 seconds faster on most other courses. You cherry picked one technical track where most cars lap times are huddled together.

Ford GT and C8 corvette? How is that even relevant to this? GM barely even marketed the car. No one even knows what a Z/28 is lol. They made a handful of Ford GTs. The C8 is a completely all new mid engined from the ground up Corvette. Horrible analogy.

The camaro doesn't sell well. Period. Whether its a Gen 6 or a Z/28. I don't get your point? The Z/28 is more likely to appreciate than not, similar to how Gen 5 Vipers went up. Eventually they'll priced similar to the GT350R in the market.
2014 Z/28 #368
GeneRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 03:54 PM   #81
Brucey0317

Drives: 2017 SS Sedan, 16 Silverado 15 Z/28
Name calling? He was just pointing out your username, it’s an oxymoron. His name for you actually makes sense.

You fail to see the drooling over the Z/28? You’re on a Z/28 forum! What’s not to understand here? It was said earlier and I’ll repeat it. You’re either a curmudgeon troll who has nothing better to do than attempt to insult owners here or you wish you were an owner of one and are not for whatever reason. I’m going with the latter.

Life tip, don’t enter a room and spew comments that you know will be viewed as insults to most in the room and then complain someone called you a name.
Brucey0317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 04:40 PM   #82
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23LT1VOM
I can think of a couple of other Camaros that sat around on dealer lot's because of price point and lack of interest- 1969 ZL1 and COPO'S. The Gen 5 Z is the most significant Camaro of the last half century based on components and build count IMO.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 04:58 PM   #83
JRowe500

If I recall back in the day they could not sell Superbirds. They were ugly and they made about the same as 2014 and 15 Z28s.
Old 02-09-2023, 05:03 PM   #84
FASTFATBOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneRoss View Post
Dude youre the one talking about 0.1 seconds lol. The Z/28 is the faster car. The 1LE will get walked on bigger tracks. You have no clue what you're talking about. The Z/28 is 2-3 seconds faster on most other courses. You cherry picked one technical track where most cars lap times are huddled together.

Ford GT and C8 corvette? How is that even relevant to this? GM barely even marketed the car. No one even knows what a Z/28 is lol. They made a handful of Ford GTs. The C8 is a completely all new mid engined from the ground up Corvette. Horrible analogy.

The Camaro doesn't sell well. Period. Whether its a Gen 6 or a Z/28. I don't get your point? The Z/28 is more likely to appreciate than not, similar to how Gen 5 Vipers went up. Eventually they'll priced similar to the GT350R in the market.
It won't though not for a very long time, that IS my point. GT 350's flew off of lots when they hit the ground initially, you seem to not get this part of the entire deal. The reason the C8 and even the C7 initially sold like hotcakes is because people ACTUALLY wanted those cars. The Z28 was marketed, it was tested at tracks, put into magazines at put on the net like every car like it. It was even tested at the Ring, the C7 Z06 was not if memory serves.

Once again, you don't read well. Put the 6th gen on the Trofeo R or put the Z28 on the Supercar tire and at a place like Barber Motorsports park the 6th gen is faster, a place like VIR the 6th gen would significantly close the gap. This in itself makes the Z28 less desirable.

BTW all tracks are "technical tracks".

ZL1's and SS Camaro 5th gen cars didn't sit on lots for up to 3 years, you can't be serious here.

You seem to rely on what magazines say, out in the real world on tracks it's much different.

Here is a vid of a 6th gen SS1LE running a 1:34.08 at Barber with only a brake pad change(and not a very good choice at that). A buddy who can drive took a rock stock 6th gen 1LE and ran a 1:38 at Road Atlanta with it, that's fast.

Here is a Vid of Mark Steilow(very accomplished driver) running a 1:37.10 at Barber in a Z28 during a test for Super Chevy.

This guy went a 1:38.3 on Continental slicks, about .4 quicker than my buddy in a factory stock 2017 SS 1LE at Road Atlanta.

Even Randy Pobst could only get a 1:36 out of the Z28 at Barber and he is a pro driver.
https://fastestlaps.com/tests/8uoihhrubz1d

Once people learned how to drive the 6th Gen SS 1LE's electronic rear differential they became weapons on track. My buddy who ran the 1.38 at Road Atlanta told me about when he figure it out.

What's left in your bag of excuses for the Z28?

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 02-10-2023 at 01:46 AM.
FASTFATBOY is offline   Reply With Quote